Forums

QoL Update Ideas? Thread is locked

Quick find code: 259-260-73-65884688

The contents of this message have been hidden.

12-May-2017 23:49:40

The contents of this message have been hidden.

13-May-2017 12:17:52

Belgica

Belgica

Posts: 197 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A highlight to the currently selected autocast spell on your actionbar, like the one that is used in the spellbook, it can be a pain to see which spell is currently active, left-clicking is a bit clunky as you have to use it when you're not on gcd and if you rightclick autocast the wrong spell (the one you've been using) you deselect all and you can't attack until you select a new spell

22-May-2017 13:40:05

Nooblits
Nov Member 2014

Nooblits

Posts: 195 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Make an option for players (ie me) to hide the Solomon's items that other players (others you interact with) have on from view (sort of how you can convert from the old to new skill cape designs).

I understand that Jagex has moved to micro-transactions as a means of subsidizing revenues to support the game which is fine, but I'd like an option to not have to see the cosmetics if possible.

I think they are all well designed and interesting, but in my personal opinion, seeing cotton candy machines and other random items not relevant to the times in-game takes away from the immersion.

If this is possible or has already been discussed, feel free to correct me in a response below!

22-May-2017 15:50:25

Nooblits
Nov Member 2014

Nooblits

Posts: 195 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Make an option for players (ie me) to hide the Solomon's items that other players (others you interact with) have on from view (sort of how you can convert from the old to new skill cape designs).

I understand that Jagex has moved to micro-transactions as a means of subsidizing revenues to support the game which is fine, but I'd like an option to not have to see the cosmetics if possible.

I think they are all well designed and interesting, but in my personal opinion, seeing cotton candy machines and other random items not relevant to the times in-game takes away from the immersion.

If this is possible or has already been discussed, feel free to correct me in a response below!

22-May-2017 15:50:26

UtaChao

UtaChao

Posts: 1,702 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hevilmystic said :
I doubt that would be possible.

The toggle for skill capes affects *your* skill cape; not other peoples, so it's entirely different.

I don't see what the problem is, really.

I don't know, you can change the sky so that only you see it and others see their version. You can stand in the garden at prif and only see your flags not everyone elses. Surely the same could apply to cosmetics, they are cosmetics afterall, I personally would hide all pets and all that kind of crap. The game was much better when you couldn't see it.
Ironman: Autark

22-May-2017 17:45:32

Hevilmystic
Feb Member 2022

Hevilmystic

Posts: 60,012 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Whether you wear rose tinted glasses or not, I doubt it's possible.

Sky boxes are client side as far as I'm aware? So not a relevant comparison. I assume the flags in max guild would be similar to quest NPCs, etc, nothing to do with character models.

I think a more fair comparison would be if someone is in a PvP area and you are not; their cosmetics are still removed even though you're in a safe area.

Who knows though, but honestly, I still don't really see an issue with overrides. The only thing I'd like to see changed would be Drakes, however that's an issue with one override, not them all.
Unslain Bosses - Clan

22-May-2017 19:35:37

UtaChao

UtaChao

Posts: 1,702 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hevilmystic said :
Whether you wear rose tinted glasses or not, I doubt it's possible.

Sky boxes are client side as far as I'm aware? So not a relevant comparison. I assume the flags in max guild would be similar to quest NPCs, etc, nothing to do with character models.

I think a more fair comparison would be if someone is in a PvP area and you are not; their cosmetics are still removed even though you're in a safe area.

Who knows though, but honestly, I still don't really see an issue with overrides. The only thing I'd like to see changed would be Drakes, however that's an issue with one override, not them all.

I just think we've become fashion scape and it bores me. I loved the days of the elegant skiller.
Ironman: Autark

22-May-2017 22:59:04

Quick find code: 259-260-73-65884688 Back to Top