Big Storms

Posts: 3,932 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I have a few more QoL updates to add, centered around getting
Misc. notes 16-20
in Deamonheim:

For those who do not know, these drops have a
1 in 5000 to 1 in 20000 rarity
, thus are extremely rare.

My first issue is that when they drop, the lootbeam they give is temporary as opposed to key loot beams. If you are dunging in a team and someone kills a monster that drops the notes for you, you wont see the lootbeam unless you are close by. If you miss it, you have to search the entire dungeon through all drops, basically searching for a needle in a haystack. So:

Make the lootbeam permanent

My second issue is that if a team ends or kicks you before you can get the drop, it is not added to your journal. Thus my second QoL suggestion is:

Have a failsafe mechanism akin to the Yakamaru and Beastmaster pet, ensuring those who get the drop also have it added to their journal even if the team ends or kicks before said person is able to find the drop

Lastly, we are talking about insane drop rates and while the notes do not offer an tangible benefit to those that get them, they are of value for lore hunters. Currently people who have bad luck will never see the drop, even before hitting 200m. To combat this bad luck:

Add bad luck mitigation to the Misc. notes 16-20

Note that all the suggested changes make use of already existing pieces of code. They would make life for those who hunt lore a lot better. Even if not all changes can be implemented at once, even one of them would make a world of difference.
Thank you =)
"One should not mindlessly follow gods or the godless:
follow
your
own
path
"
~Big Storms

13-Mar-2017 13:20:30 - Last edited on 13-Mar-2017 13:28:51 by Big Storms

Big Storms

Big Storms

Posts: 3,932 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Weyburns said :
Big Storms said :
they are of value for lore hunters.

if they are of value to lore hunters then the exp waste shouldn't be an issue if their whole point is to hunt lore? not to gain exp?

Very true, I am not asking for the average drop rates to be increased. It would just be nice to actually have some systems in place that counteract bad luck and missing the drop once you finally get one. Going beyond 200m experience is not much of an issue, it is the prospect of facing the same miniscule odds no matter how much you try, even when putting in way more effort than one needs on average, and a very high risk of missing the drop when you finally get it.

Experience waste means nothing to me, but having lore drops that purely rely on RNG do. I just want the RNG aspect to be eased a bit. For I know the majority of the runescape community does not even know or care about these drops, just the lore hunters. It is not required for anything, but the mechanisms these lore drops currently have are infuriating to say the least when you try to attain all lore in game.

If this gets changed I will definitely try again to get these final bits of lore, even though I have 200m and the pet, but until then the unfair mechanisms really deter me.
"One should not mindlessly follow gods or the godless:
follow
your
own
path
"
~Big Storms

14-Mar-2017 09:14:16 - Last edited on 14-Mar-2017 09:16:40 by Big Storms

Quick find code: 259-260-73-65884688 Back to Top