Forums

QoL Update Ideas? Thread is locked

Quick find code: 259-260-73-65884688

Cowsmilk
May Member 2019

Cowsmilk

Posts: 29 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i havent read the whole thread since theres 39 pages so some of these may have been repeated but:

boss timers on bosses when its not solo maybe get a personal time for 2-3 people going too.
also there is no boss time for corp beast whatsoever :(

a way to combine skill outfits so we can wear more than one at once for stuff like ark etc
or a bag that we can store all of them in and withdraw them out like that golden rock bag they fill up allot of bank space, i tend to hold them at diango until i need them at the mo.

make a search box on the skills tab so we can search for what level things are such as shark burn levels for example (could be useful for lower players)

bank interest on our cash thats in the bank (maybe 1k per day or something) decreases and increases every 10m could be useful for people who dont have allot off time to play

add raids to boss portal

a tutorial mode for bosses so that it tells you the special attacks like the mimic boss did when your in practise mode could help people to learn new bosses. and an option tostart at a certain phase of a boss like nex blood phase for example

option to auto pay clan avatar if you have orts

left click option is remembered for familars for example take bob for yak and special attack for uni

for presets if you run out of an item for example overload (3) it takes out the next one under it so overload (2) would be next

time limit on quick chat so less spam or option to not see it

have scrolls/bob teleported to bank if inventory full when familars run out of time
Cabbage is a vegetable

27-Apr-2017 10:08:49

UtaChao

UtaChao

Posts: 1,702 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Cowsmilk said :
bank interest on our cash thats in the bank (maybe 1k per day or something) decreases and increases every 10m could be useful for people who dont have allot off time to play

I don't think I've laughed that much at a comment in a long time so I applaud you for that.

As I don't think you're joking, I'm going to assume you are unaware of the chaos such an update would cause in its rawest form. As I am bored I'll run through some figures with you.

200+m accounts are on this system, and before you say most of those are goldfarmers..... I'll leave that with you.

Say 200m accounts. 1m on each (obvs not, but one could argue average is), you didn't say what the floor for this interest was but I'm going to say 1m. So, 200m accounts all with 1m average on them putting in 1k per account per day. 200,000,000 x 1,000 = 200,000,000,000. So even if nobody logged in at all, on day 1, 200bn would be added to the game. Even if one realisticly took into account that perhaps up to 3/4 of those accounts don't have 1m (I for one have tonnes of accounts for various uses and I move my cash on the non IM ones depending on my mood), then if we discount the 1% (guess based on irl figures) which hold the vast majority of the wealth, we still have like 49bn going into the game daily.

I'm bored of this now. Simply put, THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN. Caps ftw. Just consider your bank like a safety deposit box which if you think about it properly is exactly what it is. But genuinely, thank you, I had a good laugh :)
Ironman: Autark

27-Apr-2017 23:23:06

UtaChao

UtaChao

Posts: 1,702 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
CaptKoloth said :
Actually bank accounts do fluctuate because items always seem to change in value.

Fluctuate yes, but not given free gp for staying still. If I wipe an acc and only put gp on it, the gp will actually go down in value (perceived value) due to inflation. 1m in 2007 terms was far more valuable. 1m in 2027 (heaven help us if the game is still going) will be worth next to nothing. Having said that, it is currently worth next to nothing. On the most part, items go down on the basis of over saturation (not sure on this since inv) and because of new releases. I had a mate who was banned with 7m worth of items in 2006 including a whip, dlegs and helm. He got unbanned during the Jagex unbanning sesh and that 7m is close to 2m.

Unless you own a disc item, something that is regularly traded or the latest varient, then your items will ultimately lose real value not increase.
Ironman: Autark

28-Apr-2017 11:16:23

Quick find code: 259-260-73-65884688 Back to Top