Forums

HLF Guidelines & Strike System Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-724-65207744

Regicidal
Jan
fmod Member

Regicidal

Forum Moderator Posts: 4,494 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Umar said :
Ok, I just maxed out my second post too, time to make a third.

I suggest you start spending at least a couple of hours reading the forums every day, or let someone else moderate the forums. You're awful. Start enforcing your rules or get out.

I'm really fed up with this, I'll behave if I see a reason to do so. I feel that I can do whatever I want, be as offensive to people as I want and still nothing happens, so why should I stop? Give me a strike if I break a rule, do it to everyone else and make it fair to everyone. That's the way to go.

Why do you make new threads about the forum rules every day if you're not going to enforce them or do anything about it lol.

I think this is the first time in my 3 years on this forum that I've spent so long making long posts to get my point across, don't disappoint me.

Well first of all, the Strike System has only been out for 48 hours now - so I don't know what massive action you want me to take right away. I will be giving strikes when they're needed to be given and I will be strict with it.

Second of all, spam will be dealt with when necessary - that giant post thing is definitely something that would be hidden and will lead to a strike if it continues.

Third of all, curating the HLF isn't my job. I volunteered to do this in my personal time. I get paid to do my actual job which is video and stream marketing/managing. Everything I do on the forums and all the time I've spent on here was purely on my own time. I'm doing this because I care not because I'm forced to.

Lastly, to call me the worst Curator that the HLF has had is a bit extreme and quite judgmental. I've only been the curator for a little under a month now and have already straightened this place out a bit as well as adding in official guidelines and the strike system. Please give me time to carry out what I'm intending to do, then you can judge me.

I'm going to be trying and doing my best.

14-Nov-2013 00:51:50

Dork
Jul Member 2021

Dork

Posts: 2,633 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It is crazy how Badboy wants people banned for "spamming", but he doesn't think he should get a strike for "Naming and Shaming" for his puush. Sorry not sorry, but when 8 people are reposting something you can't expect them to ALL be banned from the forums. Get over yourself.

14-Nov-2013 00:54:58

Regicidal
Jan
fmod Member

Regicidal

Forum Moderator Posts: 4,494 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Umar said :
Ok, I just maxed out my second post too, time to make a third.

I suggest you start spending at least a couple of hours reading the forums every day, or let someone else moderate the forums. You're awful. Start enforcing your rules or get out.

I'm really fed up with this, I'll behave if I see a reason to do so. I feel that I can do whatever I want, be as offensive to people as I want and still nothing happens, so why should I stop? Give me a strike if I break a rule, do it to everyone else and make it fair to everyone. That's the way to go.

Why do you make new threads about the forum rules every day if you're not going to enforce them or do anything about it lol.

I think this is the first time in my 3 years on this forum that I've spent so long making long posts to get my point across, don't disappoint me.

Also, I didn't ban Makaveli or anyone because I was "pressured" into doing so. I removed HLF access from some players who only used the forums in a negative way and to be bullies to other people.

Makaveli posted good things from time to time, but at times he'd get carried away and get into extreme arguments with people.

The reason why I removed his access was because he thought that he would never get a strike or never lose HLF access. He thought that because I had him added it made him indestructible on the forums. I changed that mindset. I did that by my own decision, not because other people influenced me.

I don't let personal opinions from myself or anyone else effect the decisions I make here.

14-Nov-2013 01:01:16

[#JDNYMEDTW]

[#JDNYMEDTW]

Posts: 4,504 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Lee said :
[#JDNYMEDTW] said :
[#JDNYMEDTW] said :
Mod Lee can I talk to you in game about a serious forum issues - it's not a player doing a,b,c it's a serious issue with the structure of forums atm and ik if I make a thread about it I will just get trolled flamed spammed and it will be locked and ignored, please take 10 mins to listen to this important issue when you get the chance.

I order the food, you cook the food. We do that for 40 years, and then we die. - Squidward.

ok hope too see you on soon guessing you will be more available on the weekend.

Lee please respond when you can guess you missed my post earlier in thread.

I order the food, you cook the food. We do that for 40 years, and then we die. - Squidward.

When I'm on we can talk.

Hope you get time to be on this weekend when your free.

14-Nov-2013 05:59:14 - Last edited on 14-Nov-2013 07:00:34 by [#JDNYMEDTW]

Luke91

Luke91

Posts: 4,667 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Looks good to me, the only people who would have anything against this system are those who wish to abuse it.

Just please make sure that you moderate the forum around the clock, so when you're sleeping someone else is monitoring to make sure that the rules are enforced as close to 24/7 as possible.

But yup, looks good & hopefully it will result in the troublemakers being uprooted from our patch.

14-Nov-2013 09:46:25

Quick find code: 259-260-724-65207744 Back to Top