Forums

HLF Guidelines & Strike System Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-724-65207744

Umar
Jul Member 2023

Umar

Posts: 19,561 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ok, fair enough. You made a thread for your strike system about two weeks ago, so I thought it was already in place. I really hope to see some more strict moderation in future though. I know you have the ability to be a great moderator, because you seem to be able to take mature decisions, but you really have not shown any of your qualities yet (in my opinion anyways). Moderating a huge forum like this one is not easy, especially if you're not used to the privilege. However, you're a Jmod now and no one has the right to disagree with your actions as long as they are justified.

At times you have to take harsh decisions in order to enforce cerrtain rules, and it's not always easy, but it has to be done. I'll give you some more time and see how it goes, I only made the post because I thought the strike system had been out for a few weeks now.

I'm sorry for that.

14-Nov-2013 10:19:17

Regicidal
Jan
fmod Member

Regicidal

Forum Moderator Posts: 4,494 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Umar said :
Ok, fair enough. You made a thread for your strike system about two weeks ago, so I thought it was already in place. I really hope to see some more strict moderation in future though. I know you have the ability to be a great moderator, because you seem to be able to take mature decisions, but you really have not shown any of your qualities yet (in my opinion anyways). Moderating a huge forum like this one is not easy, especially if you're not used to the privilege. However, you're a Jmod now and no one has the right to disagree with your actions as long as they are justified.

At times you have to take harsh decisions in order to enforce cerrtain rules, and it's not always easy, but it has to be done. I'll give you some more time and see how it goes, I only made the post because I thought the strike system had been out for a few weeks now.

I'm sorry for that.

That post was to gather feedback about it and see what I should change for the final system release. This post was to actually share the implementation of it and what it consists of.

I really appreciate your concern and I will definitely be trying my best to be the best J-Mod I can be.

14-Nov-2013 13:45:39

Teww
Nov Member 2015

Teww

Posts: 5,808 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lee, have a talk with Mod Balance because in my honest opinion, he went a little too far and knows nothing about what he is talking about.

I can understand his post on the IRL pics thread, but even then it is not needed and if it was truly needed, you would create a new thread with all of the rules on the front page.

http://puu.sh/5iavf.jpg

I am posting a picture of RuneFest. I know absolutely none of the people in this picture and I have been given no rights to the picture - this is purely an example off of Google Images and I guess is also on the RS site itself.

http://puu.sh/5iaAP.jpg

Someone on here posted a picture of a couple people from RuneFest and the post got hidden because the person who is in the picture did not want their picture on the forums - EVEN THOUGH VERY FEW PEOPLE KNEW WHO IT WAS. Just making that point quite clear.

Rogie (and many other people) even posted pictures
Original message details are unavailable.

lengthy

and I'm quite sure he just went up to every single person who had the backs of their heads in the pic and said "Hey! Can I post your picture on the internet? Sign here for proof :D "
No. He didn't and I don't think anyone else did.

Questionnaire:
Am I an asshole? Maybe. Do I hate power abusers? Fuck yes. Am I naming and shaming a JMod? Probably to some people. Do I really care? Not at all.

14-Nov-2013 16:28:25

Boeing

Boeing

Posts: 8,706 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hey Lee,

To add to Teww's post here is the the post he's talking about.
http://puu.sh/5hgZH

You know that i'm not here to start a problem or type really lengthy posts but I just find it ridiculous how some new J-mod comes out of the blue to hide 1 random post in a forum he's not really part of.

Thanks.
-

14-Nov-2013 19:31:35

Quick find code: 259-260-724-65207744 Back to Top