Forums

HLF Guidelines & Strike System Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-724-65207744

[#JDNYMEDTW]

[#JDNYMEDTW]

Posts: 4,504 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
[#JDNYMEDTW] said :
Mod Lee can I talk to you in game about a serious forum issues - it's not a player doing a,b,c it's a serious issue with the structure of forums atm and ik if I make a thread about it I will just get trolled flamed spammed and it will be locked and ignored, please take 10 mins to listen to this important issue when you get the chance.

I order the food, you cook the food. We do that for 40 years, and then we die. - Squidward.

Lee please respond when you can guess you missed my post earlier in thread.

I order the food, you cook the food. We do that for 40 years, and then we die. - Squidward.

13-Nov-2013 05:13:38

Mod Lee

Mod Lee

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Vandalizes said :
With this new strikesystem are recently banned people going to get a new chance and start from scratch?

No, people banned before this system will remain banned because they were removed for a reason.

13-Nov-2013 11:43:46

Mod Lee

Mod Lee

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
[#JDNYMEDTW] said :
[#JDNYMEDTW] said :
Mod Lee can I talk to you in game about a serious forum issues - it's not a player doing a,b,c it's a serious issue with the structure of forums atm and ik if I make a thread about it I will just get trolled flamed spammed and it will be locked and ignored, please take 10 mins to listen to this important issue when you get the chance.

Lee please respond when you can guess you missed my post earlier in thread.

When I'm on we can talk.

13-Nov-2013 11:44:08

Gars

Gars

Posts: 2,448 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
personally, I find that many of these rules seem unnecessary.

it's not like these forums are a place of scintillating discussion and intelligent debate. what's wrong with trolling? many people find this amusing.

baiting someone into an argument is again the rules now?? isn't that the whole fucking point of forum messaging boards? i realize there is a difference between argument and debate- but not a significant one.

imo, arguments, flame, etc. should all be allowed.

This will not stop the trolls, this will just make their trolling more subtle.

This idea that you're going to make the HLF this utopian fairyland where everyone gets along is quite frankly moronic, and also will create a forum that most people won't even want to participate in.

The whole point of the HLF is to provide a place for these kinds of things that the wider community, presumably because of the younger age or whatever, cannot be exposed to.

Ranting should be allowed. What's wrong with venting off your frustration? If you're concerned with spam, just make an HLF ranting section.

in summary:

flaming, trolling, flame-baiting, and ranting should be allowed. It's not hurting anyone, and it's amusing to read. The HLF has a more mature community and should be able to cope if, God forbid, someone has a differing opinion and is unafraid to express it. Maybe separate sections should be made, idk; all I know is this strike system is doomed for failure.

13-Nov-2013 11:51:58

Dadizar
Oct Member 2005

Dadizar

Posts: 5,902 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thanks Mod Lee. I am glad I decided to stick around this time.

Once the effects of the new guidelines can be seen, I am sure a lot of maxed players that have been avoiding the HLF will stop by and give it a look.

§¤«
Altruism
-
The Most Perfect Form of Selfishness
»¤§
§¤*
What love we've given, we'll have forever. What love we fail to give, will be lost for all eternity. - Leo Buscaglia
»¤§

13-Nov-2013 14:57:22

Quick find code: 259-260-724-65207744 Back to Top