Forums

The Future of HLF

Quick find code: 259-260-602-66118311

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 65,226 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wolfblue42 said :
This place is so devoid of jmod input I don't even see its purpose anymore, they deleted the feedback section cause they never read it. People should be informed its abandoned by Jmods so they save their breaths with their complaints. Keep the place open though, can serve as its nice little bubble hangout place.

Think osrs should get its own HLF, rants is mixed and I find it confusing when they use osrs terms and game talk. They have to clarify they are talking about osrs half the time.

Just keep the fmodding to a minimal except emergency stuff and that should put a lid on the bad blood and drama that ensues.

They should advertise ingame that the HLF exists, I see so many apply to the thread yet so few post here, I'm curious where all the applicants go.

This place will stay the same in its stagnant glory. Jmods will continue to neglect here while other platforms shine. So not much will change.
Sadly this is probably the case, but we can always try!
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

13-Sep-2019 18:53:08

J R Kerr
May Member 2007

J R Kerr

Posts: 7,222 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I coulda sworn I already posted to this... this needs to get emptied every year or so. The GDPR change highlights people have a https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_be_forgotten

and I aint ever bitched there wasnt j mod text response receipt for messages I leave here cause I meant to dump em off here, hidden from google, but... wait... is it just me? I used to have e-mail addresses for jagex people and write 'em, but it would be just be like... I write, write, write, and maybe one of em would write back "yeah!" or "no but I wish" and I did NOT get the sniping that I get here which imo makes whatever it is seem more, or less, valid. One of yall can immediately be like "no fuck you kerr" and the mods I send email to... they could, but never do that. So thats why I use this all the time, and why many years ago threw away my e-mail address books entirely to future proof them against gettin phished. I aint got the same addresses for them anymore. Just write here.

so yeah I do like HLF, but the recent gravebumps are some ugly shit clearly done with didactic cruelty as if to prove its natural for things to get nerfed over time. airut change my ass. that affected one or two guys per world. po farm decimation is fucking ridiculous sabotage from someone who hates this game.
I have quit rsof because moderator found comments about darklight bonus damage on demons "off topic" for wildy flash mobs full of demons

17-Sep-2019 12:34:18

Aimme
Aug Member 2010

Aimme

Posts: 1,371 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
J R Kerr said :

so yeah I do like HLF, but the recent gravebumps are some ugly shit clearly done with didactic cruelty as if to prove its natural for things to get nerfed over time. airut change my ass. that affected one or two guys per world. po farm decimation is fucking ridiculous sabotage from someone who hates this game.

The thing is the POF nerf was needed, the fact i have earned 70mil farm xp from doing nothing more than click a few animals each day is a joke ,but the nerf is really bad..

why make bxp work so you can just buy bonus xp and get the same xp rates anyway?
why nerf the birthing rates, when the rare animals alreaady took forever to get anyway? just nerf the xp?
why bother linking the animals h&h to xp when providing they have food and you check at adols they will be 100% and you get full xp anyway?
and finally why on earth are we talking about pof nerfs on this thread anyway? just make a new thread, that would be nice, wouldn't have to bump graves anymore. :P

Aimme xx

17-Sep-2019 17:43:47

Roddy Piper
Jan Member 2011

Roddy Piper

Posts: 13,751 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I abandoned this forum some time ago. To see what state it was in at the time just look at reddit now. Probably best to leave it there because at least they have the points system.

Jagex was going to focus on here before. But apparently we are too mean for them. Personally if I was going to be mean I would go to social media to be far outside their control, and expose them to the public. So I am being nice by posting on their home turf.

08-Nov-2019 04:07:42

Chee
Jul Member 2016

Chee

Posts: 1,946 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Roddy Piper said :
I abandoned this forum some time ago. To see what state it was in at the time just look at reddit now. Probably best to leave it there because at least they have the points system.

Jagex was going to focus on here before. But apparently we are too mean for them. Personally if I was going to be mean I would go to social media to be far outside their control, and expose them to the public. So I am being nice by posting on their home turf.

what
@Chee__RS
Maxed
Ironwoman
Completionist
Q
ue
st Mas
te
r

Max: 28 Jan 2018 | MQC: 9 Aug 2019 | Comp: 18 Oct 2019

08-Nov-2019 08:43:03

Roddy Piper
Jan Member 2011

Roddy Piper

Posts: 13,751 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Chee said :
Roddy Piper said :

what

Dictionary. You can find one at the local library. You're welcome!

08-Nov-2019 13:50:07

Wolfblue42

Wolfblue42

Posts: 3,962 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Roddy Piper said :

That is what's so funny about them choosing to bunker in reddit compared to a place they can control. They have no choice but to put up with the yearly mtx shitstorms to the point they have to issue statements and streams on them to appease it.

Closest they actually bothered taking forum feedback seriously most recently was runelabs which got cancelled. Then the 2nd time they made a mega thread to listen to forum rule and mod feedback, which they ended up launching into effect after a penguin thread change fiasco.
I think the forum rule change thread came a few months before the penguin drama.

Idk why they bother having special forums sections anymore, people complained a lot about how the vip forums were abandoned and had no jmods doing the forum posts for it for months. Jmods are never around anymore for any forum.

10-Nov-2019 07:54:04

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 65,226 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Bentoki said :
As expected Jagex took no interest in the HLF months after Lee's leaving
Have to remember, all community managers at Jagex have now left apart from Mod Poerkie.... so he's essentially taking on the workload of 5 people. We thought the CLF and HLF, as well as the forums as a whole were abandoned, however this week he created a new thread in the CLF outlining the new rules, what's to be expected, etc. I can only assume (and hope) that he'll be working on something similar for the HLF soon.
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

10-Nov-2019 21:54:53

UtaChao

UtaChao

Posts: 1,702 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Loki said :
Bentoki said :
As expected Jagex took no interest in the HLF months after Lee's leaving
Have to remember, all community managers at Jagex have now left apart from Mod Poerkie.... so he's essentially taking on the workload of 5 people. We thought the CLF and HLF, as well as the forums as a whole were abandoned, however this week he created a new thread in the CLF outlining the new rules, what's to be expected, etc. I can only assume (and hope) that he'll be working on something similar for the HLF soon.

That'd be the day.
Ironman: Autark

11-Nov-2019 11:43:39

Quick find code: 259-260-602-66118311 Back to Top