Forums

The Future of HLF

Quick find code: 259-260-602-66118311

Patd

Patd

Posts: 171 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Chee said :
Patd said :
Having people automatically added to this forum will not alert them of it's existence.

which is why they should give in-game notifications when someone maxes that they can post on the HLF, they already do this with news posts (and I think Twitch streams?) and they're clickable too so you don't even have to log in to the forums yourself, you can just be redirected to the HLF welcome thread.

It's astonishing not only the lack of foresight but also cultivation that Jagex exhibits.

That would actually work, it's definitely an idea then.
Pray for the Wicked—
There’s nothing else there for me at my door, all the people I knew aren’t who they used to be
It’s uphill for oddities

01-Sep-2019 21:00:02

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

Posts: 65,226 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Patd said :
Chee said :
Patd said :
Having people automatically added to this forum will not alert them of it's existence.

which is why they should give in-game notifications when someone maxes that they can post on the HLF, they already do this with news posts (and I think Twitch streams?) and they're clickable too so you don't even have to log in to the forums yourself, you can just be redirected to the HLF welcome thread.

It's astonishing not only the lack of foresight but also cultivation that Jagex exhibits.

That would actually work, it's definitely an idea then.
i agree tbh
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

03-Sep-2019 07:56:06

Simply Rene

Simply Rene

Posts: 4,086 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Generally speaking, I don't really use the HLF anymore - it's not down to community, I like most here. :)
- It's very simply down to, that the feedback here isn't relayed, and I have a feeling, that's it's pretty pointless. The competition, and in my opinion fail-move, to sometimes post information regarding this game on social media only has consequences. Even today I've read a thread in the general section, where information about the death-bug was posted with screenshots.

Maybe there isn't really a need to have a "maxed" forum anymore? Why not have our "experience" shared with the other few active' forumers?
Maybe we could even consider making a read-only, for players not maxed.

Just thoughts. :) Happy gaming
……., ' ,……………..{¨ˆ*·¸Rëñé Škät¸·*'ˆ¨}…………….., ' ,
…, '…….' ,……………`,…..'.„¸¸,..,¸¸„.'…..,´……………, '…….' ,
, '¸……….¸' ,…………,'¨'Tree Hunters'¨',…………, '¸……….¸' ,
……';¸¸;'……,¸¸,. -´…….`·.,¸°ˆ°¸,.·´…….`- .,¸¸,……';¸¸;'

03-Sep-2019 23:33:10

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

CaptKoloth said :
The reason this forum is dying is there no activity from any jmod. Rene is right. The jmods hangout in social media. They should be paying attention to their actual site.
It's because social media allows you to have followers, likes, etc, which of course JMods probably prefer over the forums where they don't even get a post count badge, and their posts are just the same as every other staff member.

There's a lot more I could say about the above, but I'll just keep it at that. ;)
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts.

04-Sep-2019 22:34:37

CaptKoloth
Feb Member 2008

CaptKoloth

Posts: 10,673 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Loki said :
CaptKoloth said :
The reason this forum is dying is there no activity from any jmod. Rene is right. The jmods hangout in social media. They should be paying attention to their actual site.
It's because social media allows you to have followers, likes, etc, which of course JMods probably prefer over the forums where they don't even get a post count badge, and their posts are just the same as every other staff member.

There's a lot more I could say about the above, but I'll just keep it at that. ;)

Well maybe they should actually work on their site. Come on you have that crap on forum software like VBulletin.

05-Sep-2019 03:39:58

H Rassy
Sep Member 2023

H Rassy

Posts: 17,469 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Seeing that there is on average less then 1 user in this forum i think it doesnt matter all that much.

I do agree with rene,the forum might as well disapear and then everyone can share their thoughts with the whole community in the general forums.

05-Sep-2019 15:51:42 - Last edited on 05-Sep-2019 15:53:25 by H Rassy

Lady Alicia
Dec Member 2005

Lady Alicia

Posts: 9,740 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Loki
JMods have come and gone throughout the years and this is a fact.
Each having their own role in the Jagex studios.
Mod Lee is not an exception to this fact a fact and that Jagex for better or worse continues long after an employee leaves.
Nothing is going to change on the forums and to ask for OSRS to join or bans to be lifted will only add to the problems that already exist.
OSRS have their own forums it needs to stay as is.
So why should HFL be ay different than any other forum when it comes to bans?
If you lift said bans you open a whole gate to the rest of the forums - NO bans are bans and should stay as such.
I know that while you may seem it unfair; what about the rules that are in place concerning the forums? They are there for a reason.
To think that HLF is going to to just go into chaos because a JMod is leaving is IMO ridiculous.

05-Sep-2019 16:06:30

Wolfblue42

Wolfblue42

Posts: 3,962 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This place is so devoid of jmod input I don't even see its purpose anymore, they deleted the feedback section cause they never read it. People should be informed its abandoned by Jmods so they save their breaths with their complaints. Keep the place open though, can serve as its nice little bubble hangout place.

Think osrs should get its own HLF, rants is mixed and I find it confusing when they use osrs terms and game talk. They have to clarify they are talking about osrs half the time.

Just keep the fmodding to a minimal except emergency stuff and that should put a lid on the bad blood and drama that ensues.

They should advertise ingame that the HLF exists, I see so many apply to the thread yet so few post here, I'm curious where all the applicants go.

This place will stay the same in its stagnant glory. Jmods will continue to neglect here while other platforms shine. So not much will change.

05-Sep-2019 22:01:29

Loki
Sep Member 2011

Loki

Lady Alicia said :
Loki
JMods have come and gone throughout the years and this is a fact.
Each having their own role in the Jagex studios.
Mod Lee is not an exception to this fact a fact and that Jagex for better or worse continues long after an employee leaves.
Nothing is going to change on the forums and to ask for OSRS to join or bans to be lifted will only add to the problems that already exist.
OSRS have their own forums it needs to stay as is.
So why should HFL be ay different than any other forum when it comes to bans?
If you lift said bans you open a whole gate to the rest of the forums - NO bans are bans and should stay as such.
I know that while you may seem it unfair; what about the rules that are in place concerning the forums? They are there for a reason.
To think that HLF is going to to just go into chaos because a JMod is leaving is IMO ridiculous.
I know it's not going to fall into chaos. Did you even read the OP? I'm merely suggesting some possible changes to the HLF with the transition of a new curator, if we even get one.
• »‡« •
Adam
• »‡« •

13-Sep-2019 18:52:38

Quick find code: 259-260-602-66118311 Back to Top