Forums

HLF General Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579

Mod Daezhun

Mod Daezhun

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Was Zeus said :
Yeah idk why Max post count threads are not ok, but ones where you spam post count but post numbers in each post are.

First thing that comes to mind, one person can't go on a spamming rampage on a "Count To x Before ..." thread. Whereas on a max post count thread, you can just spam 3 pages of your name. That's, currently, the ONLY thing working in favour of the counting threads. Beyond this, they're just unnecessary and about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

31-Jul-2013 14:07:43

Seeker
Jun Member 2008

Seeker

Posts: 65,655 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Was Zeus said :

Well there is a also a goal of the max postcount ones. To get to the highest postcount possible

What if we created a thread where everyone had to add 1 to the count, so thread one would be counting 1-2000, thread two 2001-4000 etc? Surely that must be a legit forum game.

31-Jul-2013 14:07:50

Shady Nick

Shady Nick

Posts: 16,272 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Daezhun said :
Was Zeus said :
Yeah idk why Max post count threads are not ok, but ones where you spam post count but post numbers in each post are.

First thing that comes to mind, one person can't go on a spamming rampage on a "Count To x Before ..." thread. Whereas on a max post count thread, you can just spam 3 pages of your name. That's, currently, the ONLY thing working in favour of the counting threads. Beyond this, they're just unnecessary and about as useful as a chocolate teapot.

There is a usefulness quota?

Let's rake the main forums then.

31-Jul-2013 14:09:45

Cyanid
Jan Member 2006

Cyanid

Posts: 24,133 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
On a more serious note though guys,

http://i.imgur.com/IL5tQ5U.jpg

IS BETTER THAN

http://i.imgur.com/5qeQy.jpg

That is all.

..::;;::..
¸¤¹´`¹¤¸
Your Friendly, Neighborhood
¸¤¹´`¹¤¸
`¹¤¸¸¤¹´
`¹¤¸¸¤¹´
Mustache
`¹¤¸¸¤¹´
`¹¤¸¸¤¹´

31-Jul-2013 14:09:51 - Last edited on 31-Jul-2013 14:11:09 by Cyanid

Shady Nick

Shady Nick

Cyanid said :
On a more serious note though guys,

http://i.imgur.com/IL5tQ5U.jpg

IS BETTER THAN

http://i.imgur.com/5qeQy.jpg

¸¤¹´`¹¤¸
¸¤¹´`¹¤¸
`¹¤¸¸¤¹´
`¹¤¸¸¤¹´
Mustache
`¹¤¸¸¤¹´
`¹¤¸¸¤¹´

No

31-Jul-2013 14:11:01

Loggy

Loggy

Posts: 11,505 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
All it takes is two people taking it in turns to post (if you were being really serious about it, you could use VOIP to communicate without refreshing, lol) on those counting threads, and suddenly they too are essentially spamhappy.

31-Jul-2013 14:11:24

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Daezhun,
While I do appreciate your actioning towards spam threads and the like, I believe you rushed your decision when it came to locking RL pictures, and even more considering people had started to behave and the rotting apples were few.
If you allow me to say it, I don't think the thread itself was the problem, but a few players I won't name. (The player that triggered the latest drama piece had a history of spamming that thread and aiming innuendo comments at girls that posted pictures, so it was a bit hypocritical).

I don't agree with turning that thread into a military camp in which players are only allowed to post pictures in an automated way and comment in the same manner - that's not a friendly environment at all, and even more for people like me that still need to grow some ovaries in order to share RL pictures.

I hope we can come to a better solution in the near future, and if necessary, rename that thread as "HLC - REAL LIFE PICTURES & Off-Topic CHAT". Something that better describes the contents of that thread. That way there won't be misconceptions and drama about people wanting to chat freely while sharing RL pictures at the same time.

That's my opinion on the matter. Tried to make it as constructive as possible.

31-Jul-2013 14:12:13

Was Zeus

Was Zeus

Posts: 22,388 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Daezhun said :
Was Zeus said :

I was referring to threads like this where it doesn't rely on anyone else other than yourself. You just spam posts with the number post of yours that it is. This is pretty much the same as what we were doing, apart from that you just post a number instead of typing anything you want.

They are both leading to a goal (ours was to max postcount, theirs to reach the top of their leaderboard) and both require nobody but yourself to participate.
ZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZE

31-Jul-2013 14:13:18

Shady Nick

Shady Nick

Cyanid said :
Shady Nick said :
No

Blasphemy!^

¸¤¹´`¹¤¸
¸¤¹´`¹¤¸
`¹¤¸¸¤¹´
`¹¤¸¸¤¹´
Mustache
`¹¤¸¸¤¹´
`¹¤¸¸¤¹´

I have a current rl goal of consuming (t least a little bit) of every animal on earth.

It's impossible to eat mythical animals..

31-Jul-2013 14:13:33

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top