Jan Member 2006

Cyanid

Posts: 24,133 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Shady Nick said :
Cyanid said :
Shady Nick said :
No

Blasphemy!^

I have a current rl goal of consuming (t least a little bit) of every animal on earth.

It's impossible to eat mythical animals..

If I catch you even thinking about eating my beloved unicorn friends I will destroy you with fire. :O

..::;;::..
¸¤¹´`¹¤¸
Your Friendly, Neighborhood
¸¤¹´`¹¤¸
`¹¤¸¸¤¹´
`¹¤¸¸¤¹´
Mustache
`¹¤¸¸¤¹´
`¹¤¸¸¤¹´

31-Jul-2013 14:16:22

Cyanid
Jan Member 2006

Cyanid

Posts: 24,133 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Horses are okay to eat. Go for it.

¸¤¹´`¹¤¸
Your Friendly, Neighborhood
¸¤¹´`¹¤¸
`¹¤¸¸¤¹´
`¹¤¸¸¤¹´
Mustache
`¹¤¸¸¤¹´
`¹¤¸¸¤¹´

31-Jul-2013 14:32:55

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,453 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The thread isn't doing any harm, I don't see why it was removed lol. It's contributing to a goal which is max the thread out. Off-topic is supposed to be the place where we chill out and have fun and yet they are moved/deleted when we do make threads there and you wonder why people come spamming this section out. Face it, off-topic IS the forum games for high-levels, that's the only type of threads you see on that section with a few non-game threads here and there.

If those type of threads are not allowed then really forum games should not exist either, they are all useless threads at the end of the day.

I'd rather people use that thread to post count farm rather than do it on a thread which doesn't need that type of behaviour.

''What I want you to remember is this: The real world is a lie and your nightmares are real.''

31-Jul-2013 14:36:17

Was Zeus

Was Zeus

Posts: 22,388 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Singularity said :
The thread isn't doing any harm, I don't see why it was removed lol. It's contributing to a goal which is max the thread out. Off-topic is supposed to be the place where we chill out and have fun and yet they are moved/deleted when we do make threads there and you wonder why people come spamming this section out. Face it, off-topic IS the forum games for high-levels, that's the only type of threads you see on that section with a few non-game threads here and there.

If those type of threads are not allowed then really forum games should not exist either, they are all useless threads at the end of the day.

I'd rather people use that thread to post count farm rather than do it on a thread which doesn't need that type of behaviour.

''What I want you to remember is this: The real world is a lie and your nightmares are real.''

Support x 1000000
ZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZEUSZE

31-Jul-2013 14:37:15

Mod Daezhun

Mod Daezhun

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
@Margan - I appreciate that there were just a few antagonists in the thread, but this is not the first time that it's happened. I've been fairly lenient with the IRL Picture thread but while I'm going through it, I'm going to keep it locked so that people have the chance to step away, and so that the thread doesn't continue down its previous course until a decision (one made by several J-Mods here) as to its future.

I didn't rush the decision. It's been one I've been considering for a while, and I figured that the best thing at this point is to take it out of commission and go through it with a fine-tooth comb. Find the bad apples you mention (though I pretty much know who they are) and take appropriate action.

The thread has been on a very fine line since the start of its lifespan. If it remains part of OT, then it will always remain on that line. It's a sensitive area and one that I'll approach carefully.

31-Jul-2013 14:39:02

Morgan

Morgan

Posts: 36,054 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Daeshun (you typo'd my name, I typo yours :) )
Alright, I understand that RL related threads will always remain on thin lines. It makes sense.
Do consider my suggestion though, please. I am sure a change in the title can make a big difference.

p.s: I also agree with RWH.

31-Jul-2013 14:43:49 - Last edited on 31-Jul-2013 14:44:18 by Morgan

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,160 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@RWH (Sorry forgot to put your name) ;)

In Forum Games the OP usually sets some rule/guidelines. Which people follow to make the thread/game fun.

Post count farming is spam and a total waste or time and space. Who wants a post count with 100,000 spam posts you can not be proud of.

I know for a fact mine are legit. Apart from say 50 I used when I was talked into trying out a new forum game by a friend. I didn't play it long.

So saying a post count farm thread is ok is to be honest a silly suggestion.

Also you say Off Topic is Forum Games for HLF users. Nope Off Topic is for discussing Off topic issues. Forum Games is for any form of Forum Game. Just because this is the HLF does not mean you are exempt from posting in the Forum Games section any fun game you like to play. Only thing there is a few extra rules Jagex set out.
Comprehensive Account Security
What do snowmen have for breakfast? Snowflakes! :P

31-Jul-2013 14:45:04 - Last edited on 31-Jul-2013 14:46:11 by Tuffty

Singularity
Aug Member 2023

Singularity

Posts: 97,453 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Forum games is post count farming in itself though, you can't deny that. There's no difference between a counting thread, Zoj's threads and a max post count thread, they ALL boost your post count faster than if you were to make a 'quality' post.

What issues are discussed on HLF OT exactly? It's all count to this before a j-mod posts or count to 69billion before a partyhat user posts. That's what I see most of the time when I view that forum, it's dominated by forum game type threads, there's barely ANY off-topic discussion.

31-Jul-2013 14:49:33

Quick find code: 259-260-138-63809579 Back to Top