Forums

Twitch phishing

Quick find code: 254-255-517-65691682

Clan List
Dec Member 2016

Clan List

Posts: 8,284 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thank you for posting this, hopefully it will bring awareness to a few players on OSRS. Lately i had many ask me about these fake links on Twitch and it is good to see there is a thread to direct people to so they see a post first hand from a Jmod about it being a scam. ORA High Council Member
LODJ RS3 Division
RuneGuru General & Admin

23-Feb-2016 19:45:09

2gnarkill2

2gnarkill2

Posts: 3 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello everyone, my name is also 2gnarkill2 on twitch as well. Why can I not view the chat on your twitch channel? At first I thought it was because I didn't verify my email so I went and verified it, still nothing. Then I realized the comment I made about the exchange rate might of raised a few flags and I do apologize about it please kno I never or will ever do any type of exchanging or anything against jagex rules. ( if that were the case don't you think I would of given b0aty more than 201k ? Lol ) I was just commenting on the money you raised compared to what was raised in osrs ( bare in mind when osrs opened this is what other players where saying was an accurate comparison ). Sorry the punctuation and grammar of this sucks I kno......anyway tho I will always play and love runescape as well as the jagex community that I am trying to become apart of :) cheers everyone .......oh yeah, the point of this was for you guys to unblock my chat on twitch so please do guys :)

27-Feb-2016 03:39:57

Lainimal

Lainimal

Posts: 40 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I still encounter these phishers to this day whenever I stream RuneScape. I've had to add about 3 different bots with several filter words in order to automatically ban them. x.x
Casual player since mid-2007. Don't be afraid to approach me in-game and have a chat! :)

04-Apr-2016 18:55:02

Aha ha
May Member 2023

Aha ha

Posts: 6 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just recently on the runescape twitch stream [osrs] monkey madness 2 developer Q and A. (about 20 minutes till the end) Someone was posting a phising website, I fell for it but luckily I have authenticator and did not enter my pin as I figured it out half way. Unfortunately I did not save the link but it had runescape web link spelt like this "runescapec".
Just here to make people aware.
Moral of the story, don't be silly like me, and always keep your account fully secure just in case.

:P
:P :O :D

08-May-2016 21:57:21

River S0ng
Apr Member 2014

River S0ng

Posts: 4,181 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What is sad is not only people send out these phishing links, but people fall for it. Albeit, probably newer players to the game may fall for it, and not the vets. Thank you for posting this info, hopefully everyone reads it.
/
My Goals
\
I Am, I'm Me! Hammer High!

18-May-2016 13:11:16

Quick find code: 254-255-517-65691682 Back to Top