Forums

Twitch phishing

Quick find code: 254-255-517-65691682

Mod Jd

Mod Jd

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Hey guys,

I've seen a lot of these streams coming on Twitch recently. Essentially, either phishers proclaim something ridiculous like 'Double XP for Old School codes!', and then provide a link in the stream to 'redeem'.

Please do NOT click the link or provide details on that link - it's a phishing link and someone will probably hijack your account (given that you've provided them with details).

Old School will NEVER send you a code with which to 'activate' Double XP - it's something inherently programmed into the game, and, by any accounts, there are no plans fron the Old School team to do Double XP at this moment. I'm sure they'll let you know if they are.

Please also enable the Authenticator and set up a Bank PIN; this will protect your account even if someone knows your account password.

Please check the official Twitch page for official stream timings, and if something is too good to be true, then I'm sorry to say it probably is.

If you have tried to redeem on one of these links, please visit this page and we'll try to help you regain access to your account.
RuneScape Social Media Manager; lover of football, Marmite and all-things-awesome.

I'm on Twitter @JagexJD.

'If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.'

09-Oct-2015 08:02:32 - Last edited on 22-Jun-2016 11:58:10 by Mod Jd

Impherium

Impherium

Posts: 1,258 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Thank you again for making a thread like this one, JD.
Could you please «Sticky» the one on the Oldschool Forums? Otherwise it will get lost. :(

Unfortunately many Oldschool players don't take a look at this forum section.

09-Oct-2015 12:14:50 - Last edited on 09-Oct-2015 12:15:40 by Impherium

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Posts: 21,010 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Awareness is the best defense players can have when it comes to phishing.

Thanks for helping to raise awareness about the Twitch phishing JD. :)
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDelivery Now Available In Canada

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

09-Oct-2015 13:51:35

Fiolgad
Mar Member 2011

Fiolgad

Posts: 75 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Also people, please not that JAG alone is not safe, so please do use the authenticator.
JAG can be mislead if the person knows what he's doing.

The best defence is to try to log in to a false account with a false password. If you are able to log in then you know it's safe. If you don't log in, still mistrust it.

09-Oct-2015 16:43:58

Quick find code: 254-255-517-65691682 Back to Top