Forums

WIN: a trip for 2 to RuneFest! Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-376-65412839

Rune v2

Rune v2

Posts: 3,226 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hello,

This was already answered by Runescape on their Facebook, but wanted to clarify.

It was said that I could upload multiple entries. Is this true?

Also, say I upload a few videos.. can more than one of my videos make it to the top five?

I also agree with the others where I find it a little biased. If someone well known uploaded a video, majority would vote for them.

How about post a top 5 and then pull a winner out of a hat on camera?

That or 3+ of you vote while on camera.

Post it on your channels and such.

Would be a better idea in my opinion.

Thanks!

03-Jul-2014 03:50:16 - Last edited on 03-Jul-2014 03:51:39 by Rune v2

Rune v2

Rune v2

Posts: 3,226 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dusk Lycan said :
Isn't this "Like" method a bit biased? Due to the fact that people can make fake accounts to like it, and the more well known the entrants get the more people like theirs.
Meaning if ChrisArchie for example were to enter, he would get more likes than me, just because he is known.
I find that a little unfair, any precautions being taken to avoid situations like these?

03-Jul-2014 03:52:33

Mod Jd

Mod Jd

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
avv vvk said :
little question, where is that fest?
Can you enter it in Runescape self or is it outside the gameworld?
And is it for f2p to or only p2p?

thanks for the answer.

1) RuneFest is in Tobacco Dock, London this year (check out the RuneFest website for more info!)
2) You have to enter via the app specified in the newspost.
3) Anyone can enter! It's not specific to P2P or F2P players!
RuneScape Social Media Manager; lover of football, Marmite and all-things-awesome.

I'm on Twitter @JagexJD.

'If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball.'

03-Jul-2014 10:34:48

Mod Jd

Mod Jd

Sly Archmage said :
If the winner is under 18 when they win, but turn 18 before RuneFest, do they still need to bring a parent/guardian?

I just realized this doesn't apply to me :( but I still think it's a valid question.

Very valid question - thanks for asking!

If you're over 18 by the time you'll be flying/transported (October 9th/10th) you won't need to bring a parent/guardian. But we'll need to know this before we book tickets etc.
RuneScape Social Media Manager; lover of football, Marmite and all-things-awesome.

I'm on Twitter @JagexJD.

03-Jul-2014 10:36:16

Mod Jd

Mod Jd

Evil Yakuza said :
Andrew Co7 said :
Question for the music part.

There are websites that offer 1,000's of Royalty Free music for YouTube. Are we allowed to use their provided music? Thanks.

As long as you are allowed to use the music I suppose, so yes.

Yes. As long as the music isn't copyrighted.

I'm on Twitter @JagexJD.

03-Jul-2014 10:37:41

Mod Jd

Mod Jd

Rune v2 said :
Hello,

This was already answered by Runescape on their Facebook, but wanted to clarify.

It was said that I could upload multiple entries. Is this true?

Also, say I upload a few videos.. can more than one of my videos make it to the top five?

I also agree with the others where I find it a little biased. If someone well known uploaded a video, majority would vote for them.

How about post a top 5 and then pull a winner out of a hat on camera?

That or 3+ of you vote while on camera.

Post it on your channels and such.

Would be a better idea in my opinion.

Thanks!

Multiple entries are allowed, yes. We'd rather one top-notch video than four lower-quality ones, but if you've loads of great ideas, we'd welcome them!

And if two or more of those videos make into the top 5, that's absolutely fine.

With regards to the judging for the competition; we thought it fairer for the RuneScape community to vote for their favourites first, so we can see the sorts of things you guys like, before we jump in on the judging.

I appreciate some video makers may have oodles of subscribers, but thought it only fair to have you guys have a say over the vote, and we think this is the fairest way to do it.

I'm on Twitter @JagexJD.

03-Jul-2014 10:42:09

Zylorarchy
Mar Member 2023

Zylorarchy

Posts: 54 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Does this single competition replace the previous format for the Golden Gnomes? For example in 2013 it went like this...

The categories were as follows:

Best YouTube Channel
Best Art
I should win a gnome because...
Top Ranking Zamorakian & Saradominist
Best livestream
Top Ranking Player
Best Live Action
Top Ranking clan
Funniest Video
Machinima one to watch
Best Guide
Lifetime achievement
Best cosplay

Is this no longer happening since the winner of this competition receives the golden gnome instead of the winners of all these categories?

03-Jul-2014 14:55:58

Kiriha
Feb Member 2011

Kiriha

Posts: 340 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Mod Jd said :
How many times am I allowed to enter?
As many times as you like! We’d prefer one top-quality video over many lower-quality videos though. You will get one entry per video submitted.

I just submitted a friends entry (he doesn't have facebook, twitter or instagram so asked me to enter it for him) but now when i go to the enter page i just get a "thank you for entering", do i have to make a new facebook account for my own entry?
Loyal Zamorakian

RS Videomaker, Youtube/TheChaoticBlade

03-Jul-2014 14:58:31

Quick find code: 254-255-376-65412839 Back to Top