Forums

WIN: a trip for 2 to RuneFest! Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-376-65412839

Dusk Lycan
Jul Member 2009

Dusk Lycan

Posts: 1,692 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Isn't this "Like" method a bit biased? Due to the fact that people can make fake accounts to like it, and the more well known the entrants get the more people like theirs.
Meaning if ChrisArchie for example were to enter, he would get more likes than me, just because he is known.
I find that a little unfair, any precautions being taken to avoid situations like these?
Wolf O'Donnell
, leader of
Star Wolf

Mercenary
for hire
Iron Wolfy
is my
Ironman

02-Jul-2014 18:08:34

Zusje
Mar Member 2023

Zusje

Posts: 28 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
avv vvk said :
little question, where is that fest?
Can you enter it in Runescape self or is it outside the gameworld?
And is it for f2p to or only p2p?

thanks for the answer.

Hey Vdwkes,

RuneFest is an event outside the game, so in real life, it is like a meeting of scapers organised by JaGeX. When there, there are different things to do and JaGeX Mods will be talking about the game, like future updates, etc.
RuneFest 2014 takes place in London, I'm sure both free to play and pay to play are able to take place in this competition.

Hope it's more clear now!

Greets,
No Tnx :)

02-Jul-2014 18:55:50

S a f f y
Apr Member 2019

S a f f y

Posts: 591 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Great, a video-making competition. That's me not winning then. And I agree with a previous poster; it's definitely going to turn into a popularity contest with a well-known videomaker winning this contest.
Princess
S a f f y
of
Seren
:D
RuneFest 2011, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 & 2018 attendee
^_^

02-Jul-2014 23:06:16

MadCatLad
Sep Member 2018

MadCatLad

Posts: 603 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is so wrong and extremely bias . So basically "How to win: Get a bunch of people to like your post".
What about famous Youtubers that have millions of subscribers who will like it?? What if someone has an INCREDIBLE video but doesn't even use YouTube other than competitions? They have no subscribers - and not everyone uses Facebook. I use it strictly for IRL purposes - that being said I would only have 20 people willing to like it.

The judging rules really need to be re-balanced to be fair.
I have collected over 50 cats in OSRS

03-Jul-2014 00:08:12

Quick find code: 254-255-376-65412839 Back to Top