Forums

'Scapers Summer Stories

Quick find code: 254-255-192-63906733

TheHuffDaddy

TheHuffDaddy

Posts: 11 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Great Times With My Friend: My friend has been battling leukemia for the past 2 years and this past week has been very rough. I've had a great time with him seeing movies and just hanging out. Ray if you see this, you're a great guy and I love you man. :)

26-Jul-2012 20:41:53 - Last edited on 27-Jul-2012 03:06:42 by TheHuffDaddy

El Italiano

El Italiano

Posts: 598 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Juventus training camps. Ball goes out. Alessandro Del Piero was shooting the corner.
We were all calling him on top of our lungs, I too shouted. As he turned around, waving his hand, our eyes met. Time had stopped. Nothing mattered anymore. It was as if he was looking into me, almost knowing that he was my idol, my role-model since I was 5. It was him and me. Only us in a crowd of thousands. Nothing moved, my eyes were locked on his. I smiled, he was also smiling, and I just said to myself
Grazie Ale.
Thanks Ale.

26-Jul-2012 20:41:58 - Last edited on 27-Jul-2012 17:15:49 by El Italiano

Rocky J9

Rocky J9

Posts: 17 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Let's see here, the Best memory of summer i had was of the first time i tried a water blob. My cousin had rented one for his annual summer vacation party, and me being curious at the time decided to try it out. Well i've never been very big, right now i'm sitting on 120 pounds, and my cousin and uncle both weigh close to 700 pounds together... they were my jumpers... needless to say, half way down I’m flailing like a lunatic, and thinking “this might have not been a good idea”… lol :|

26-Jul-2012 20:42:31

Jaded Souls

Jaded Souls

Posts: 38 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Alright, so about four years ago a couple of friends and I decided to make... a ZOMBIE movie.
I went through the process of "casting" my friends for different roles. I myself don't think I can act, so decided I would play a random zombie/direct instead. After 2 days of casting my friends and family for their roles we set out to find a location. About a mile down the road (walking the whole way) we found it. It was an abandoned construction site, I'm guessing whoever held the contract to the land depleted funds in the process and could not finish production. There were partially built houses, giant tubes big enough to stand it, a run-down barn nearby in the woods, a small lake, and tunnels where the drainage went into the lake. This was it!
We did a run through of every place, recording notes and ideas of what scenes should be shot where. The tunnels that ran into the lake were easily accessible from above, which created a scary, dark, and bellowing effect to the film. The lake, which was my personal favorite, was a superb setting. We started filming here.
We did many shots of everyone running down the hillside by the lake, screaming like babbling idiots all while a zombie chased them. Into the water we all dashed, except for one, who was tackled on the shoreline every time, only to meet their demise by a zombie. Our camera man stationed themselves actually in the water on a floating chair! The shots were nothing but excellent.
My sister and I decided to swim across the lake, to make the scene seem more realistic. After about 20 minutes of continuous swimming in full clothing we reached the other end. We were sore and out of breath, barely able to stand. We stopped filming for the day.
A week after filming over half the scenes, I decided to do a run through of the footage. *facepalm* One of my friends recorded over it with herself singing 'Grease Lightning'.
A few days later, my sister and I also discovered we swam with Alligator-Gars. O.o Google it.

26-Jul-2012 20:42:47 - Last edited on 26-Jul-2012 21:00:15 by Jaded Souls

RealSteel

RealSteel

Posts: 155 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I finally graduated High School so I've been enjoying this time off before college. Im on our local skateshop team so im required to film a full length part so this summer I have been spending it with all my close friends and team mates skateboarding and getting footage in the hot Texas sun at our local skateparks. Also I went on vacation to Miami with my dad and sister for our graduation present and I had the time of my life there. Other than that ive been rebuilding my bank since I gave it away last time I quit Runescape but the EOC has got my passion for the game back again. :P

26-Jul-2012 20:43:11

NoderpTogepi
Dec Member 2023

NoderpTogepi

Posts: 963 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
fourth of july, me and friends filled our backpacks full of fireworks started walking towards the main street. throwing fireworks everywhere shooting eachother with roman candles in the middle of the road, leaving mortars in the main street going through town. none the less, we got stopped by cops 3 times before 5 A.M.
it was an amazing night :3

26-Jul-2012 20:43:14

MrCastle
Mar Member 2023

MrCastle

Posts: 466 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This summer, my parents were planning to go on vacation.. unfortunately, a dear family member had an accident.. she had a clot of blood in her neck.. she nearly died, but luckily hold on! She's in a rehabilition center now and getting a little bit better every week! Now my parents go on vacation at the end of August and I'll play RS no-life :) .
MrCastle
| Co-ordinator of
Statuesque
| Completionist | 120 All | Master of All

We are bound by our choices but we are more than our mistakes .

26-Jul-2012 20:43:34

0 eggs

0 eggs

Posts: 6 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i went to 2 different camps and i am going to another one soon, the first camp i went to was on a lake and i went inner-tubing every day. The food there was awesome... the second camp i went to had like 6 concerts by famous bands every day, it was 4 days long. It is my first time going to the third camp so i dont know what it is going to be like, but i am staying there for 2 weeks! I have also been hanging out with a ton of friends. this summer is EPIC!

26-Jul-2012 20:43:42

Dan724
Mar Member 2019

Dan724

Posts: 30 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
After a week of non-stop questing I decided it was time to enjoy the Summer. So I went to the beach. Not long after I got there a girl came up to me and said she liked my Jagex t-shirt. Turns out she plays Runescape and plays in the same homeworld as I do. Not only that but we were already friends on Runescape! It's a small world.

26-Jul-2012 20:44:17

The contents of this message have been hidden.

26-Jul-2012 20:44:31

Quick find code: 254-255-192-63906733 Back to Top