Forums

MMG's Friends Chat Channel Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-115-63134042

Mod Mmg

Mod Mmg

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user
Hello everyone
Sadly I have taken the decision to close my Friends Chat Channel. I have not been able to spend as much time using the channel and talking to all of you as I would have liked and I think it is particularly unfair on all those that go in there with an expectation of speaking to me. If you want to contact us with any feedback about the game we’d all love to see you on the forums where we have a team who will be able to read it and respond to you all.
Unfortunately we have also had a number of players abuse the Channel recently which has caused problems for those who simply want to talk to their friends. This has also added to my decision to close it.
It’s not a decision I have taken lightly but would like to thank all the ranked players for the great job they did in helping keep the chat channel a friendly and helpful place, and for their efforts against the recent misuse of it.
The Channel has now been closed but please send us your thoughts and feedback via the forums and the team will continue to look forward to speaking with you all.
Kind regards
MMG

23-Aug-2011 15:37:32

Moe Is 4210

Moe Is 4210

Posts: 31,106 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Err..
You've taken the liberty to close this chat and create a message about it, yet, you couldn't reply to other posts on the forums?
Not to sound rude or anything but some of us are really waiting for a response over many recent events, and we've been ignored. The playerbase in discontent is deffo not a minority and is deffo not pleased. :|
"If you want to contact us with any feedback about the game we’d all love to see you on the forums where we have a team who will be able to read it and respond to you all."
This is the issue - a lot of people that respond to our feedback cannot say more than "feedback passed on". The recent RAF update, have you seen the sticky? 15K posts. Nexus hasn't replied in about 4 days (yet he is the developer). So where exactly is this team?
Anyways this is not a flame-and-bash rage-troll post. I don't do that, just my two constructive criticism cents. Let's hope you read it. :P

23-Aug-2011 16:10:58

W7 Nser

W7 Nser

Posts: 2,223 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
W00t first page---

Sorry to hear about the chat :( .

I had thought the jmods made fcs so they could better interact with players and answer questions, however I guess the flaming got out of hand :( .

I understand people are upset about certain things, but autotyping spams is just going against what "You-Know-Who" stood up for...

I understand people support "You-know-who", but it clearly went out of hand.

Additionally, the irony is that by closing the fc, this thread has effectively become a trolling thread, as you can clearly see by these posts...

My suggestion is to lock it up before this happens again ;) .

23-Aug-2011 16:24:24 - Last edited on 23-Aug-2011 16:28:49 by W7 Nser

The contents of this message have been hidden.

23-Aug-2011 16:25:24

Tamond
May Member 2012

Tamond

Posts: 10,901 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
This is disappointing. 15k posts in disagreement with recent updates, and the past... 11 days have been absolute turmoil on the forums since the GJA announcement from you.
People have been accusing you of RWT, of sucking up to investors, of having a conspiracy to crash RS and move to Stellar Dawn, posted ASCII art of you as Mr. Krabs, and made all sort of hatred.
On the flip side of CONSTRUCTIVE concerns (like Moe), we've had people seeing forum moderators who call Jagex out on game issues lose their modship, have watched bots sail out of control, have looked into all of the business issues such as shareholder, bad economies, worries that you will actually bring us into RWT, etc etc, and other than an obscure couple of posts from Mod Mat K which vaglue answer us without any really new info, we've been entirely ignored. No posts from Emilee, no chance to discuss any alternatives for the RAF, no posts from Nexus, nothing.

If you're still reading the forums and this, know that a lot of the loyal playerbase (the ones who've been here for years, and who want to be around for years) are angry and a bit scared of what's happening, MMG. We don't want this game turned into another MMO where people buy advantages, and the RAF is tightening the cords on our necks. There's an XP boost, and while in THEORY it's a nice little reward for bringing in friends, it's actually just being heavily abused by people paying extra membership for more XP. In fact, Mod Nexys OPENLY admitted it could be abused, and TOLD US HOW TO ABUSE IT, saying there would be no action taken against us.
We want more interactions, more responses, and more action. We know it's not possible to always please everyone all of the time, and we know there's plenty of players who don't care about things like the RAF, but most of the silent ones this time ALREADY cheat and buy gold, or are casual and don't know or care. The faithful customers this time are against this new movement in business.

23-Aug-2011 16:35:34

Quick find code: 254-255-115-63134042 Back to Top