Forums

MMG's Friends Chat Channel Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-115-63134042

Shi No Neko
Aug Member 2008

Shi No Neko

Posts: 3,943 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Finally caught up. I am a bit mad about the J-mod posts on pages 4-6.
Mod MMG closed his chat. OK.
Well, then he wants us to post on the forums to get ourselves heard. OK.
This is not a bad place then to get his attention. I understand that there was a ton of bad things going on in the chat, which led to this change, and I feel for the people who may have had to deal with that type of problem, since I hate trolls and spammers in other threads.
BUT, I don't feel bad about his CC actually closing. You, as a group, can create a new chat just for yourselves, especially since you indicated that he rarely ever entered the chat anyway.
Also, that chat was supposedly created so that he would communicate with the playerbase at large. Well, if he was never in it and it was only used as a friend's chat, then it wasn't being used as it was intended anyway.
If Mod MMG wanted this to be for information only, then he would have made it a locked sticky, not a thread to allow players to post.
I am against ranting and spamming, but I am with all the other players who are angry with many of the recent updates.
I have been playing for a little over 5 years, I stuck with Jagex through many ups and downs, but I have to say that this RAF updated has really angered me.
I can't say that I didn't see this coming, but RWT of any kind is still against the rules. I don't care if you, Jagex, are the ones doing it yourselves.
Cheating is cheating.
The moral fiber of the company has gone into the toilet. I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone, even if they would actually start playing without me having to pay them for it (which I wouldn't do since that is RWT, right?).

People laugh at me when I say I play this game. Some ex-players thought the game had died out years ago.
I want to keep playing this game, but it gets harder and harder to stomach the changes.
:@ :@ :@ :@ :@

26-Aug-2011 12:00:57 - Last edited on 26-Aug-2011 12:01:34 by Shi No Neko

[#DA4RTG5T4]

[#DA4RTG5T4]

Posts: 2,027 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I been in his cc channel and peeps were in there bullying MMG saying stuff that I would get banned for if I said it on the forums. In all my years of online and school bullying, I've seen nerds, social outcasts, disabled peeps, fat people, hoes, being bullied but not a business man wanting to make money.

26-Aug-2011 18:09:58

I Kuma I

I Kuma I

Posts: 1,360 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I was only around in that FC for like 3 months then MMG closes it down.
Before MMG's, I was a member of Tezz's dump of an fc, which I
have had to resort to going back to now.
I have noticed alot of bad behavior though.
With spammers like Prison Nark, & Github always spamming about
rotten potatoes & qc-spamming just to make ppl mad.
I'm gonna miss MMG's fc. But I respect his decision to close it.

26-Aug-2011 19:41:45

Abedackid

Abedackid

Posts: 150 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You guys seriously need some brains. Why would Jagex mods reply to troll/flame bait rants in recent updates when they could be updating content. I like how everyone believes that they know the solution to everything when in reality they have no experience whatsoever in Java and business.
@Trevor, flaming isn't gonna get you anywhere. This is why Jagex doesn't reply to forum posts. People like you that flame/troll doesn't deserve a reply.

27-Aug-2011 04:36:22 - Last edited on 27-Aug-2011 04:40:51 by Abedackid

simpry

simpry

Posts: 406 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's very sad how a minority, yes, I said it, a MINORITY of players are preventing Jagex from understanding how players feel by trolling on the forums, ranting against Jagex for no purpose, screaming like whiny little babies that their game, THEIR GAME?!? is being ruined by the evil people at Jagex. Actually if you look at the record I think you'll find it's Jagex's game, and you're paying them for the privelege to use it, and without Jagex's work you'd be twiddling your thumbs.
And after preventing any attempt by Jagex to interact with players by crowding legitimate criticism and evaluation with spam and abuse, you then complain that Jagex is not listening to players.
I guess I'm stooping to your level to make this post, which I don't like doing, but this is just getting ridiculous. The only thing that pleases me is that fortunately very few people in the actual game seem to be like this.
And just to be clear, I am not ranting against all those who criticize Jagex (I too have issues with the ways they deal with botting), just those who needlessly abuse Mods and Jagex in general, ignoring everything they've done for us and preventing any improvement of the situation by their selfish, attention-seeking behaviour.
And yes, this is a tragic loss. The silent majority will no doubt agree that this is devastating for interchange between players and developers , which is, as many haters have pointed out on this thread (ironically since they're primarily responsible) at an all time low.
I only hope that Mod Mmg was able to learn something before the trolls ruined Runescape again.

28-Aug-2011 03:23:13 - Last edited on 28-Aug-2011 03:42:33 by simpry

Quick find code: 254-255-115-63134042 Back to Top