Forums

MMG's Friends Chat Channel Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-115-63134042

Trevorghost
Dec Member 2005

Trevorghost

Posts: 11,113 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lol, please explain to me though how he has the time to give an epic speech about his Friend's Channel closing, but not even to say, "We've noted your feedback." or, "We felt your feedback would not work for our game because (reason). It's not that difficult. Max Quest Points. Max Cool Points. Host of the Immensely Popular Lords of the Wait.

23-Aug-2011 19:51:53 - Last edited on 23-Aug-2011 19:52:14 by Trevorghost

Robo Hobo

Robo Hobo

Posts: 19,808 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wow, it's interesting how similar people are complaining about JaGeX not taking the minimal amount of time to note something, but they do something else.
If I wouldn't have remembered or compared that with something else, which I won't say what it is, I would have thought it necessarily bad he didn't note it.

Even if it seems like it'd only take a couple seconds, people are legitimately busy enough not to say it. Yes, even if it would only take a couple seconds.

I'm not sure I'm completely against JaGeX on this anymore... Going to try and draw some more comparisons. >.>
You can only fully appreciate a story when you experience it through the eyes of one of its characters.

23-Aug-2011 20:06:10

Windsofnight
Mar Member 2017

Windsofnight

Posts: 6,634 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@MMG, Thanks for notifying the community that your FC is closed.
This confirms when I post on forums & I write that Jagex does communicate with the customer it is true!

@Mod Mat K, I am sure you are well aware that I do enjoy your posts on forums & I have used them as points of reference in discussions on various issues.
However, as a customer, when I see you posting to direct other customers to player written threads it is troublesome. Although I understand that you would like everyone to post on one thread so it is easy for you to answer questions, it is a disservice to all of the other customers who have created threads on forums when you do this.
Even more alarming to the customer is when they are directed by a representative of the company to a player written thread, it implies that that player written thread & the contents therein are sactioned by Jagex. Meaning they are factual to the companies stance on issues or policies.
In the example of the player written thread that you are directing someone who has questions about the RAFP, the thread you are directing the player to discuss RAFP is not a subject covered in the OP's opening posts.
Bots are only mentioned in that thread in context as a reason why not to vote for Jagex on the GJA.
That threads "topic" is the GJA, one that was mentioned when the person posted it on a green post but has taken a much softer stance on the issue now since they post on brown. It has nothing to do with RAFP.
The other player written thread that recently a Jmod & Fmods directed customers to was a thread that only allowed for the point of view of the OP. It was very difficult to try & discuss the reasoning behind why Jagex might have taken a certain stance or write anything supporting Jagex on that thread.
Writing something like "I am currently responding to questions on this player written thread and your questions or views will not be considered off topic to the thread", would not seem unreasonable to ask. Thank you.
WHERE IS MY INGAME RSOF TITLE?!

23-Aug-2011 20:15:45

Maybe Graar
Sep Member 2020

Maybe Graar

Posts: 1,740 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i thought all forummers were trolls and the people you want to listen to are silent?
oh well, thanks for posting a pointless thread instead of making a statement about the current turmoil and displeasure of your players

23-Aug-2011 20:20:11

Windsofnight
Mar Member 2017

Windsofnight

Posts: 6,634 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
@Mod Mat K, Just in case you feel that it was not appropriate to mention the OP color posting status in my above post, the OP did in his opening posts on that thread.
WHERE IS MY INGAME RSOF TITLE?!

23-Aug-2011 20:30:53 - Last edited on 23-Aug-2011 20:31:46 by Windsofnight

The contents of this message have been hidden.

23-Aug-2011 20:48:40

Makoto D

Makoto D

Posts: 3,109 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
*Breaks silence*
*Looks at every off-topic post on this thread and sighs*
To MMG:
Speaking as a former rank in your CC, I must admit that this is well overdue. Speaking strictly to your schedule and your commitment to the CC between March 2008 - December 2010, the ability to keep the CC afloat and prevent a situation like this happening was, without a doubt, made infinitely difficult with your lack of support.
Don't mistake this; I'm grateful that I had a chance to hang out and help out in the CC. But, if you couldn't support us, or at least listen to veteran ranks that knew what was going on, then this closing is for the better.
To everyone else: Turning this into a debate about bots, RAF, or why he isn't addressing anything else going on in the community is counterproductive. He's not going to just magically reply to those points now that he's finally appeared on the forums in his own thread.
...or am I the only person that remembers when Andrew posted something similar in the RSC forums, then wound up deleting every post, locking the thread, and giving the community a verbal smack?

23-Aug-2011 20:56:09

Quick find code: 254-255-115-63134042 Back to Top