Forums

MMG's Friends Chat Channel Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-115-63134042

Miles Letum

Miles Letum

Posts: 3,644 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
^ Simpry clearly hasn't been playing long enough to know what RS used to be like.
Its not a "silent majority" now. Any player with common sense and real experience knows that these updates look very grim for the outcome of this game.
I've been playing since '04... Although I haven't been here since the VERY beginning, I've seen enough to understand how RS got here and where it is going.
I'm sorry, but your 1000 total levels clearly show you haven't been around long enough to remember when Constant Tedder was CEO or even when the Wilderness/Free Trade was originally removed. Stick around for another couple years, and then try and speak with authority and knowledge.
EDIT: And this is not a "tragic event" for the RS community. The entire purpose of MMG's chat was to connect with RS's CEO... it was never intended to be a chat room. However, even his ranks admit he was never involved in the chat whatsoever. This may be tragic for your RS social life, but it is in no way tragic for Mod-Player relations.
EDIT2: About your comment "its their game not yours" -- I fully understand that this is Jagex's game. However, let me use an analogy... I pay taxes to my government; I want to know that my hard earned money is going to a good cause, and being used for righteous and helpful programs or paying legitimate expenses. I would be extremely angry to find out my money is going simply to paying over inflated salaries. (NEWSFLASH: I'm very angry).
This is the same concept with Jagex. I pay to play Jagex's game... and I want to make sure the money I pay is going towards a game with a future and a purpose. I don't want to line the pockets of the investors that control the Board of Directors at the moment. (This is a fact, people who actually care about RS aren't even in control: look it up)

28-Aug-2011 04:15:24 - Last edited on 28-Aug-2011 04:20:07 by Miles Letum

Mtchell
Jul Member 2021

Mtchell

Posts: 23,791 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi there,
While it is okay to discuss your friends chat on the forums, you should not make a thread just to say that your friend's chat is closing.
As there is already a thread for this particular chat on the forums, creating more just tends to waste space and is therefore considered spam. It is also likely that, with such a sensitive subject, this could lead to flaming or spamming which is not allowed on the forums.
Please remember that in the future all clan threads should be posted in the "Clan Home" forum. If you wish to continue discussing this, please do so here: Quick find code: 90-91-795-60290218

28-Aug-2011 07:26:26 - Last edited on 28-Aug-2011 07:37:50 by Mtchell

simpry

simpry

Posts: 406 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Miles Letum, I really couldn't give a toss about your levels being higher than mine and I find it astoundingly pathetic that you felt the need to bring the high scores table in to back up your arguments You're proving nothing but your own vanity and elitism.
As it happens, like you, I was playing around 2003-4, though I had a different account all those years ago. So yes, I have some idea of how things used to be.
So you're comparing Jagex to the government, and membership fees to taxes? Well there's one key difference which you're forgetting, and that's that taxes are compulsory, and membership fees are not. If you don't like the service being offered, you can just leave. Also, the government doesn't create the country, the people do. But in Runescape's case, though the community play an important part, Jagex created the game. Jagex is a company, not a government, and as such, it's primary duty is to generate revenue, as much as I don't feel this is Jagex's sole intent (I think they do feel a certain passion for their game).

28-Aug-2011 23:53:53

Miles Letum

Miles Letum

Posts: 3,644 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well that's where your wrong, simpry.
F2P is unplayable at the moment. If you want ACTUAL runescape, it is compulsory to pay membership.

P.S. Highscores is actually a fairly accurate way of checking whether or not somebody actually know what they're talking about. Under 1500 Total Level = Clearly inexperienced

29-Aug-2011 17:17:30

Quick find code: 254-255-115-63134042 Back to Top