Forums

Forum Language Changes Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-107-62961611

Mod Stevew

Mod Stevew

Jagex Moderator Forum Profile Posts by user

Quote (said by: Silver)

"
Steve, why is there no application on the Jagex site for a Dutch Jmod? How are you recruiting then?

- Silver

We have a number of speculative CV's already - people send us CV's even when there isn't an actual role available - in addition we will be advertising for Dutch staff both on our own site and also within the larger gaming industry.

06-Jul-2011 14:19:22 - Last edited on 06-Jul-2011 14:19:43 by Mod Stevew

Mod Stevew

Mod Stevew

Quote (said by: Dmc DeLorean)

"
Adding on to what Silver has asked -

Will you still be recruiting people in to the Player Support section? This will be handy for me to know, thanks.

It's a different department to mine so I can't answer this 100% accurately - however I can say that about 30 people have joined in the last few weeks - they are mainly placement students but my understanding is that they will be heading for Player Support once their training is complete.
Steve

06-Jul-2011 14:21:52

Mod Stevew

Mod Stevew

Quote (said by: Silver)

"

How many Dutch Jmods will you guys be recruiting?

Edit: Oh, and will these new Dutch Jmods be CM or Player Support?

- Silver

One person, full-time - and they will be Community Management.

06-Jul-2011 14:27:30

Gold Dalek

Gold Dalek

Posts: 2,024 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ok thank you, also I don't mean to try and turn this into a recruitment FAQ thread or something but if we have applied for a job in a certain department at Jagex and are not placement students or something, do we stand a chance of getting in still?
Also sorry if recruitment queries and similar things are not meant to be discussed on the forums. You can hide this if that is the case. :)

06-Jul-2011 14:33:20

Jan Cabbage
Jun Member 2005

Jan Cabbage

Posts: 972 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
hey there, thank you for keeping the dutch community support and getting rid of the spanish one. FINALLY WE HAVE OUR REVENGE FOR THE WORLD CUP FINAL MUHAHAHAHA
but seriously,
I don't really understand why you pick a community like the dutch over the spanish community. Not only is the spanish community bigger (think of all the hispanic people in the world, and compare that to dutch speakers), but also the fact that the Dutch get taught english at a freakisly low age nowadays I think that when dutch kids reach the age from where on they are allowed to play this game (12? 13?) they already have had 2 or 3 years of english classes and therefore a basic understanding of the english language as you mentioned. however, seeing people in the spanish community who still are struggeling at adult age to speak basic english, I genuinely believe they need it more than us, the Dutchies.
I really am unclear about your choice, seeing as Spanish is worldwide after English the most spoken language (not counting chinese mandarin) - and therefore I think it would make more sense to keep a spanish forum community as to get rid of it.
EDIT: Typo.

06-Jul-2011 14:36:23 - Last edited on 06-Jul-2011 14:39:59 by Jan Cabbage

Silver
Jan Member 2013

Silver

Posts: 6,441 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
^ I'm pretty sure there are more Dutch players than Spanish ones.
Edit: Don't get me wrong, I don't support them removing the Spanish community either!
- Silver
~

06-Jul-2011 14:38:08 - Last edited on 06-Jul-2011 14:40:20 by Silver

Jan Cabbage
Jun Member 2005

Jan Cabbage

Posts: 972 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dutch as spanish possibly silver... but dutch compared to hispanic people? undoubtly. This includes countries like Mexico, Argentina, Venezuela, Puerto rico... actually whole Latin America. I'm sure that if you add all that together the Hispanic community is bigger as the dutch.

06-Jul-2011 14:41:49

The contents of this message have been hidden.

06-Jul-2011 14:44:31

Quick find code: 254-255-107-62961611 Back to Top