Forums

Forum Language Changes Thread is locked

Quick find code: 254-255-107-62961611

Haista kettu

Haista kettu

Posts: 92 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The fact that the J-Mods can't bother to address the legitimate complaints, yet are still able to find the time to delete the "offensive" messages is, to be completely blunt and honest, quite pathetic.
To say that just because certain communities play the game in English therefore they will not have a major problem using English-speaking forums is, to say the least, a very misinformed statement. Spend some time in the Polish and Lithuanian servers; at least a third of the players do not have a firm grasp on the English language, let alone being comfortable communicating in English. Among the Spanish-speaking player base the prevalence of English is even less.
Please do some SERIOUS re-considering before you make these changes. You will not achieve anything by doing this, other than tearing apart the communities.

17-Jul-2011 13:36:50

Elessandr

Elessandr

Posts: 743 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
What about the people from these communities that can't speak English? Rather than enjoying being a part of such a large community they are likely to leave due to not understanding anything at all in the game be it other players or the skills or for that matter quest help or what npcs are saying to them

17-Jul-2011 15:58:57

Elessandr

Elessandr

Posts: 743 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
i myself am english but i have read all the other players comments and i find myself agreeing and why? also these communities will more likely than not use instead 3rd party sites instead meaning in a flash lots of people are gone on the forums.

17-Jul-2011 16:02:38

Mart0103
Dec Member 2023

Mart0103

Posts: 3,363 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"The fact that the J-Mods can't bother to address the legitimate complaints, yet are still able to find the time to delete the "offensive" messages is, to be completely blunt and honest, quite pathetic."
Then say why in the first pages J-Mods replied alot, now many days have passed without a reply.

17-Jul-2011 17:37:54

Humanunkind

Humanunkind

Posts: 2,456 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Is this something everyone likes? No. Not at all. Those with a rational faculty can observe this.
The community is missing a huge factor, this is not about the ethical values that we all hold near and dear. Jagex is a business, this means that they are out for a profit.
The fact that this area is being cut can be correlated to the basis of a unneeded period cost. The period cost here is allowed to be cut. This cut expense can either A. save the cost center they are under. or B. Higher a different person for an allocated job.
A seasoned manager and academic symbol in the managerial/financial theories, this change was to come. Remember, expenses that do not help retain and bolster a sizable revenue, they can be cut.

18-Jul-2011 00:36:24

Mart0103
Dec Member 2023

Mart0103

The funny part is that Jagex CAN make money with the forums by putting adverts on the forums like In-game, however, I don't really know what does Jagex do to made their desicions.

18-Jul-2011 01:04:10 - Last edited on 18-Jul-2011 01:04:27 by Mart0103

Mart0103
Dec Member 2023

Mart0103

All the hard work from various J-Mods to improve their communities to the trash.
The funny part is that Jagex CAN make money with the forums by putting adverts on the forums like In-game, however, I don't really know what does Jagex do to made their desicions.

18-Jul-2011 04:31:42

Quick find code: 254-255-107-62961611 Back to Top