Forums

† Asgarnia: War of Freneskae †

Quick find code: 237-238-959-66034074

Aurelia I
Aug Member 2021

Aurelia I

Posts: 911 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
† Asgarnia: The Dragon Wars †

A reminder that the coronation of Fiore Grey will be held in Falador Castle this Saturday, August 25th, at 5pm EST. Everyone regardless of their citizenship or class are invited to participate in the festivities. We will be guesting in my FC prior to and during the event. Hope to see you there! ^_^

All that for a pile of bricks.

24-Aug-2018 02:51:55 - Last edited on 24-Aug-2018 02:54:42 by Aurelia I

Aurelia I
Aug Member 2021

Aurelia I

It was a somber day in the once-proud city of Falador. Mourning citizens numbering in the hundreds flocked to the funeral of a dozen White Knights who had given their lives protecting the newly crowned Queen. Though the dragon that had attacked Saradomin's city was dead, Falador was crippled by the sheer amount of damage done.

Building after building had been burned severely by the ruby-colored menace, and the smell of burning wood filled the air long after the last fires had gone out. Those structures that weren't scorched by the dragon's flames were damaged by the flood water. Eager to help stop the inferno raging through the city, an adventurer cast a powerful spell on the moat surrounding the castle and dumped several tons of water upon the city.

The death toll was catastrophic. Aside from the twelve white knights, dozens of townsfolk were killed by the dragon's searing flames. Over a hundred more lay dead in the streets once the flood waters receded, swept away and drowned without ever knowing what hit them.

As for the dragon, its body lay dead within the courtyard of what was now a heavily damaged castle. It's gaping maw attracted swarms of flies as the corpse rotted away without attention. And wasn't this the perfect visual metaphor for the city itself? A formerly majestic beast lay dead with flies streaming from its mouth in a formerly majestic city that lay dead in the heart of the holiest nation on earth.

Falador would know peace no more.

26-Aug-2018 03:35:52 - Last edited on 26-Aug-2018 03:38:23 by Aurelia I

RiDaku
Oct Member 2012

RiDaku

Posts: 6,003 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A letter to Fiore Grey, rather amusingly late-

I ain't one for writing letters, so you'll have to deal if this thing sucks. But word spreads quick, and your coronation made it up as far as the Guild, so I caught wind. Congrats! That city's the first place to ever give me a real job after I grew up. It's got a special place in my heart. I'm thinkin' of coming back some time soon, ye mind if we sit down and figure out what's up? Could learn from the regulars but somethin' tells me that it's better to make nice with the crown ASAP. Should warn you, I'm not the most well spoken person. Hope ta' meet,

Jeoffrey Halvorsson
The Sicarius |
They think they are "the many", and I "the few". They think this gives them the right to walk over me.

Want to Role-Play? Click Here!

26-Aug-2018 04:04:14

Felix Hull

Felix Hull

Posts: 16 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Felix sat on an oak stump sitting atop Ice Mountain overlooking the Black Knight Fortress, he thought for a while and then pulled out a piece of parchment and began scribbling a letter to Queen Fiore Grey.

To Her Majesty The Queen,

I am known as Felix Hull, I was born in the south just outside Port Sarim, my current occupation is as a ranger. I travel through the north helping wayward travelers out of the dangerous region, scouting the movements of raider parties, and black knight troop movements. As a ranger I have done my fair share of goblin hunting as well and I am very skilled with a bow as well as with a blade. However, I have offered my services as a mercenary as well to the Holy Empire of Kandarin. I now though wish to serve my homeland as a ranger of the North. The only I ask is that I am afforded an audience with her majesty the queen so that you may judge my character for your own judgement. I am currently in the North but will be in the inn of the Rising Sun in Falador in two days time. I look forward to having the honor of meeting her majesty the queen and serving the Kingdom of Asgarnia.

Your faithful servant,
Felix Hull the Ranger

He reread the letter to make sure it was legible and intelligent sounding before making off to Edgeville to have a courier deliver the letter. It was only after the fact that he had the letter delivered that he would come to the knowledge that a dragon had attacked Falador.

26-Aug-2018 05:00:18 - Last edited on 26-Aug-2018 05:06:57 by Felix Hull

Aurelia I
Aug Member 2021

Aurelia I

Your presence is politely requested in Falador Park
For a Memorial Service
Honoring the fallen soldiers
And slain civilians
Who perished defending Falador from the dragon attack last month.

To be held the Sunday of September the 16th
At 5pm EST In the year of our Lord 2018.

All are invited.

10-Sep-2018 19:36:43

Dansplainer
Sep Member 2007

Dansplainer

Posts: 3,001 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
BOUNTY

His Grace, Maximilian, Duke of Lassaria, has declared that, from this day, the goblin population, which has engaged in violent and unwelcome occupation of territory rightfully belonging to the Crown, shall, henceforth, be considered a hostile element and subject to a bounty in the pursuit of the restoration of peace, law and order in the Blackmarch;

• In address to all prospective bounty hunters, dutiful and courageous persons of Asgarnia, and those who hold true to the principles of justice and order, the Duke of Lassaria has offered two-hundred fifty gold pieces for each goblin killed or captured and brought before him at his keep in Silverhill.

• The killing or capture of goblin commanders, if rank and status can be proven, shall be rewarded with one-thousand gold pieces.

• The killing or capture of the goblin named Whiteflesh, if identity can be definitively proven, will be rewarded with two-thousand gold pieces.

So, with Fiore's OOC permission, Duke Maximilian of Lassaria, has placed a bounty on all goblins in Blackmarch in his first act against the hordes occupying it. PM me IG or send me a DM on Discord if any of you have questions. Of course, I would love for you to also coordinate with the goblin group ran by Ian (since this directly concerns his character and narrative in the public canon), so that this can run as smoothly as possible, as I will be doing. Also, yes, this is in the standard GP system, not the one created by Tibby. Thanks!
Hi, I'm Dan.

22-Sep-2018 23:40:15 - Last edited on 22-Sep-2018 23:45:18 by Dansplainer

Aurelia I
Aug Member 2021

Aurelia I

Will Gielinor ever be safe again?
Slayer of dragon,
Defender of man,
Save us from this untimely end!

-Third-Age poem, Author Unknown

Though its capital city of Falador is still in ruins, the Kingdom of Asgarnia attempts to bolster its defenses while it rallies a force strong enough to combat the Dragon Crisis. Preliminary scouting parties reveal the presence of a lair deep within the Wilderness, where the evil dragon Volon is rumored to have taken shelter.

With its army stretched thin, its coffers empty, and its afflicted people beginning to starve, Asgarnia is on the verge of total collapse. The beleaguered nation knows it has only one more chance to put down the dragon menace before anarchy reigns supreme...

"Pray we don't miss our chance."

25-Sep-2018 08:17:39

Aurelia I
Aug Member 2021

Aurelia I

The Wrath of Asgarnia

Volunteer scouts have spotted a significant dragon presence near the ancient Fremennik ruins in the Wilderness. Volon is rumored to be among them. It is time to strike back.

When: Saturday, October 6th at 5pm EST
Where: Daemonheim
What to bring: Everything.

25-Sep-2018 08:24:53

Wizard Ovi
Jan Member 2016

Wizard Ovi

Posts: 672 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
........... ,-¸ ....... ¤ ................... ¤ .............. ¤ ................... ¤ ....... ¸-, ...........
¸¤º”¨ .... ¸' .. ¤ .............. ¤<±> The Wizards Tower <±> ¤ .............. ¤ .. '¸ .... ¨”º¤¸
'„¸ ¸ ,, ‹ ˆ ............... ¤ ............................................... ¤ ............................. ˆ › ,, ¸ ¸„'

With the finding of the tainted crystal fragments in every kingdom, A small letter was sent to the leaders of most every nation with a sense of emergency a few days later.

"Dear Regent,
It has come to the concern of the Wizards Tower that many a dark and vile crystal have sprung into the possession of citizens and otherwise desirable people of importance. We cannot state enough that these crystals are charged with fear inducing, horrible darkness.

Please act accordingly and with reason when dealing with these crystals and please expect a Tower representative within the coming days to discuss in person what we know and what can be done.

Sincerely,

Archmage Tesla the Green."

........... ,-¸ ....... ¤ ................... ¤ .............. ¤ ................... ¤ ....... ¸-, ...........
¸¤º”¨ .... ¸' .. ¤ .............. ¤<±> The Wizards Tower <±> ¤ .............. ¤ .. '¸ .... ¨”º¤¸
'„¸ ¸ ,, ‹ ˆ ............... ¤ ............................................... ¤ ............................. ˆ › ,, ¸ ¸„'
"You never know what kind of man you'll be until the end."

-Howl Aren

30-Sep-2018 10:34:58

Quick find code: 237-238-959-66034074 Back to Top