Forums

†Kandarin† Thread is locked

Quick find code: 237-238-901-65845478

Aurelia I
Aug Member 2021

Aurelia I

Posts: 911 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A small event will be held today at the East Ardougne church at 6pm EST. Everyone who has either applied to the Abbey or has been invited to a previous Abbey event is welcome to attend. Freelancers are also welcome. All that for a pile of bricks.

04-Aug-2018 19:06:34 - Last edited on 04-Aug-2018 19:07:27 by Aurelia I

Aurelia I
Aug Member 2021

Aurelia I

Posts: 911 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Attack on the Capital!

Thunder. Terror. Fleeing citizens. Burning buildings. Charred corpses in the streets. Chaos. No one was entirely sure what had happened that fateful evening in Ardougne. Some who knew no better said it was a demon. Others, a vengeful spirit. Those who had seen it with their own eyes were too mortified to speak coherently.

"The legends...they're true."

The death toll reached twenty when all was said and done. The Kandars, with the aid of a few brave adventurers, managed to dowse the raging inferno that had spread through the city center, and by nightfall ash had stopped falling down like snow upon the town.

As morning came, however, word made its way through the beleaguered capital that a small unnamed village to the northeast had not been so fortunate. They had suffered the same assault by the same force, but unlike Ardougne, the citizens there had not fared so well. The entire settlement was reduced to ruin. By now, it became clear what had attacked Ardougne.

"Legends don't burn down villages."
All that for a pile of bricks.

05-Aug-2018 03:56:55

Arenaride134

Arenaride134

Posts: 101 Iron Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dragon Order Field Report

This report intends to detail the events of the recent tragedy in the hopes that the information leads to a means of destroying the beast. I first encountered the creature that attacked us outside the East Ardougne church. It's form appeared to be that of a dragon, although three times the size that any such creature should ever be. As it appeared in the capitol the skies turned dark and filled with lightning.

Warning: Magic appears to be totally ineffective against this enemy, as we learned when mages at the scene attempted to use powerful spells to destroy it. The creature did show some vulnerability to ranged and melee attacks, although the blows we were able to inflict were clearly insufficient to stop it. The dragon also seemed to have the ability to direct the lightning against its attackers. The most effective weapon used against it was a "dragon bane" sword, when attacked with such a weapon it teleported away and the mages on site were unable to track where it went.

I hope this information proves useful

Sincerely
Jacob Delvar
Dragon Knight

05-Aug-2018 09:10:40

KDF-Juan
May Member 2018

KDF-Juan

Posts: 1,124 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
A small package a arrived to the personal office of Emperor Axel Vekon. A letter was attached to the top of the package with the seal of Karamja. The contents of the letter were as followed:

My dear friend,

It has been quite sometime, perhaps we can meet in the near future to discuss our affairs? Until then enjoy this little gift.

Inside the package was a freshly baked pineapple upside down cake crafted from fresh Karamjan pineapples.
It's just business.

19-Aug-2018 22:14:44

Arenaride134

Arenaride134

A House Shall Rise...

Following his brief spot of Dragonslaying in Asgarnia, Jacob Delvar has sailed back to the Capitol and obtained permission from the Emperor to reclaim the lands lost by his great grandfather many years ago. The return of House Delvar is imminent but before it can be realized the young knight of Kandarin must remove the region's current tenants, namely a small horde of goblins that are still inhabiting the area around his great, great grandfathers famous observatory.

Event Details:

Battle to remove the goblin menace from this area so that the town and surrounding farms can be rebuilt. Jacob Delvar is offering a tidy sum of gold to any mercenaries who agree to aid him in this enterprise. As with the recent Draynor Manor event, people who RP the goblins in this event will be offered several respawns as the invaders make their way through the town and the dungeons beneath it.

Date: 01/09/2018
Time: 9 PM BST (4 PM EST I think)

26-Aug-2018 20:48:16 - Last edited on 26-Aug-2018 20:48:50 by Arenaride134

Arenaride134

Arenaride134

Arenaride134 said :
A House Shall Rise...

Following his brief spot of Dragonslaying in Asgarnia, Jacob Delvar has sailed back to the Capitol and obtained permission from the Emperor to reclaim the lands lost by his great grandfather many years ago. The return of House Delvar is imminent but before it can be realized the young knight of Kandarin must remove the region's current tenants, namely a small horde of goblins that are still inhabiting the area around his great, great grandfathers famous observatory.

Event Details:

Battle to remove the goblin menace from this area so that the town and surrounding farms can be rebuilt. Jacob Delvar is offering a tidy sum of gold to any mercenaries who agree to aid him in this enterprise. As with the recent Draynor Manor event, people who RP the goblins in this event will be offered several respawns as the invaders make their way through the town and the dungeons beneath it.

Changing this to the 8th because of dxp weekend

29-Aug-2018 22:38:03

Arenaride134

Arenaride134

Arenaride134 said :
Arenaride134 said :
A House Shall Rise...

Event Details:

Changing this to the 8th because of dxp weekend

This was slightly delayed but will be starting soon.

08-Sep-2018 21:13:26

Arenaride134

Arenaride134

A House Shall Rise...

With the Emperor's Blessing Jacob Delvar lead a dawn raid against the goblins that were occupying the town once owned by his family. Supporting him he had both his own small army of hired mercenaries and sellswords and the backing of the forces of neighbouring Khazard.

The battle was long and arduous, the town so completely overrun with greenskins that the invading army was outnumbered and every building seemed to hide more enemies. Eventually however, the tide was turned against the defenders and they fell to Jacob's sword warhammer (long story). The last goblin survivor, Jacob spared so that it might carry back to its people warnings of what had happened here today.

With the town reclaimed the young lord must turn his attention to the task of rebuilding the ruined town and restoring the region to its former glory. For that he will need all the help he can get, if only to have company as he enjoys a pint after a long days work.

-OOC-

So first and foremost thank you to everyone who took part in this RP, I hope you had a good time. Apologies to everyone who wasn't able to make it on that day but I thought it was important to get the ball rolling.

Regarding the mentioned rebuilding RPs, these will be taking place Wednesday and Thursday next week. Please note that anyone who attends these events will be able to cast a vote on the name, the landscaling location for the finished town and something else that'll I'll keep quiet about for now.

09-Sep-2018 00:58:27

WilMarrow
Dec Member 2022

WilMarrow

Posts: 1,560 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Profiled,

I have had a character in west ardy as an undertaker for awhile now. any chance of having his shop recognized? I'm not on a lot but will be available whenever I am.

15-Sep-2018 22:12:50 - Last edited on 15-Sep-2018 22:18:48 by WilMarrow

Quick find code: 237-238-901-65845478 Back to Top