Quick find code: 237-238-899-65245150

Rologarth
Oct Member 2023

Rologarth

Posts: 8,316 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rologarth said :

Lieutenant's Log
Essainday, Fentuary 5th 11, 6A 3

I did it. I finally did it. The damned beast is dead and we have that vapid elf back in our care. I suppose I should get to the details of it, then. I was approached by Bun while speaking with Myna about the distribution of medicine around town. She mentioned that she found tracks not too far from where we were ambushed by the werewolf and did not feel comfortable following them alone. She had to bribe me to put my ass on the line for that dolt, but away we went.

Just past the Barrows shanty were signs of a scuffle and some old blood. Being that close to the Vyrewall did not bode well either. I clipped my chain to my freshly forged sil*thril sickle before pressing onward. We followed the tracks along the vyrewall all the way to the old graveyard north of Castle Drakan. That's when we noticed Hat hanging from a tree on an island by his feet with two dead bodies on the ground. We knew it was a trap and I advised retreat, but Bun could not bear to leave Hat out here supposedly alive.

After a quick test, we determined that Hat was alive but the two on the ground were very dead. A quick splash of holy water on the surrounding mist yielded no results either. I was "volunteered" to hop to the island and was immediately beset by poisoned traps. If I had not slipped on my way in, I would likely still be stuck to those pikes. The vampyre sprung from a trapdoor hidden by some brush and attacked Bun while I was stuck on the island.

She managed to fend him off, but once again he misted away to get a better position. The still fog gave him away, warming around his moving cloud. Bun was able to spray him with holy water, forcing him to materialize just short of the island I was on. That's when he made his first mistake.

Page 1 of 3

Can't earn Slayer xp anymore.

05-Jul-2015 08:04:44 - Last edited on 05-Jul-2015 08:31:51 by Rologarth

Rologarth
Oct Member 2023

Rologarth

Rologarth said :

Lieutenant's Log

The ******* grabbed my ankles. He was trying to pull me under. I began raking his arms with my silver-tipped sword-breakers on my left vambrace. The idiot was too stubborn to let go, so I began lashing his back with blow after blow from my sickle-flail. Finally he yielded and submerged to swim to a safe distance. Or so he thought.

A few days ago I enlisted the help of Billy, an old acquaintance of mine, to find a good use for the gunpowder I procured from a Draculea shipment. It did not take him long to produce palm-sized explosives packed with silver shards and a clockwork fuse. I'm no scientist, but I understand strike the fuse and throw the damn thing very well. I had intended to use this on the vampyre mid-flight, but I did not want to risk him getting away underwater. I struck the fuse, held it, then threw the device so that it exploded just under the water. It must have hurt, because the vampyre emerged from the water dazed and attempted to flee.

While trying to shake the water from his wings, I drew my prize from my pack and lunged him before he could take flight. His claws went for my throat, and I had to feint my strike and tackle him to the water. There we grappled as we sank into the bog, with me using my stake to stab him and get a hand-hold. He tore up my left underarm in an attempt to disarm me, but I raked his head and neck until he went for my own neck. It was the opening I had been waiting for since the grapple began. I pulled my stake from his side and planted it firmly behind his jaw, going down his neck. I swear he thanked me before I struck my final blow.

Page 2 of 3

05-Jul-2015 08:14:56 - Last edited on 05-Jul-2015 08:31:37 by Rologarth

Rologarth
Oct Member 2023

Rologarth

Rologarth said :

Lieutenant's Log

His fangs nicked me, but nothing more. Bun, who had been firing shots at the vampyre and keeping him off-balance, helped drag me and the body ashore. She then took my sickle and cut down Hat, who was looking quite pale. The adrenaline wore off, and I could tell just how bad the vampyre had dug out my armpit. I could hardly move my arm now, and there was blood dripping down my side. I had to wipe it down and hold it shut with pressure so I wouldn't leave a trail.

We set off for Burgh de Rott, and around Mort'ton I made Bun stop. I told her to check Hat with the sickle, as he was not looking right. Sure enough, his skin became red and irritated from the silver. I owed Bun for covering me in the fight, so I gifted her the last vial of Guthix Balance that we have to do with it as she saw fit. Luckily for that idiot, he turned out just fine.

Once again I am heralded as a Vyreslayer and hero around the town, but the vampyre's last words still strike me as odd. I've never had one thank me. I know the tales of them being conscripted against their will, but it is a difference experience to have someone treat death as a mercy. The ******* managed to make my victory less sweet! I'm glad I killed that *****!

Now that all the excitement has calmed down, I'm sitting here next to the ladder to the top of the general store. I can't hoist myself up with this arm. I have to drink down here. When I'm feeling a bit better, I will be taking the vampyre's corpse to Paterdomus and I'll lay it to rest. I hate that it made me want to do it, but I can't help but feel it's the right thing to do. That stupid bat causing me trouble even after his death! Augh!

Here comes Elzabeth. I'm not really in any mood to talk. I just want to drink to dull this damn pain.

Page 3 of 3

05-Jul-2015 08:22:44 - Last edited on 05-Jul-2015 08:31:25 by Rologarth

Eirz

Eirz

Posts: 943 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Alright! I've got the Myreque quests complete up to Darkness of Hallowvale, so I should be good for most role-plays in Mort Myre, Burgh de Rott, and Meiryditch. I'll continue working on my stats to be able to complete the other quests (and more effectively play for my bond membership), so I can be further prepared for potential roleplay and reaffirm my knowledge in the lore. It's great doing these quests again- it's been years since I've done them.
#PraiseTufty

#TwillowTsunami

06-Jul-2015 01:20:39

Rologarth
Oct Member 2023

Rologarth

Scion Billy said :
Glad to here it went this well, with the new weapons and tactics perhaps we can one day hope to even the playing field.

With proper preparation we can get anything done.

Eirz said :
Alright! I've got the Myreque quests complete up to Darkness of Hallowvale, so I should be good for most role-plays in Mort Myre, Burgh de Rott, and Meiryditch. I'll continue working on my stats to be able to complete the other quests (and more effectively play for my bond membership), so I can be further prepared for potential roleplay and reaffirm my knowledge in the lore. It's great doing these quests again- it's been years since I've done them.

We will be seeing you in-game soon!

06-Jul-2015 05:50:01

Rologarth
Oct Member 2023

Rologarth

Rologarth said :

Lieutenant's Log
Caistleday, Fentuary 7th 11, 6A 3

Elzbeth used some sort of magic to help seal my wounds after my last entry. Still sore as all hell, though. I told her what happened and she seemed interested in attending the burning of the vampyre.

Yesterday we met up and were on our way to Paterdomus when we came across smoke coming from some reeds in our path. Elzbeth stayed back while I investigated. A man emerged from the reeds with a knife drawn but I was able to talk him into submission. I checked him with silver to be sure that he wasn't a threat. He briefly explained that he was a shipwrecked pirate that wandered along the Salve until he got lost in the Mort Myre. He said he initially had a crewmate, but they succumbed to hunger in the swamp over the months they've been lost. Months, he said.

I had a choice. We were not far from Paterdomus, where I could bring him to be safe. But his survival skills, if his story is true, will be absolutely invaluable to us. I chose to call off the trip to Paterdomus and take him back to Burgh de Rott where he would remain in danger, but hopefully help us make Morytania a better place. I will try to sway him to stay, even though Hi*lik Myna can arrange to get him across the Salve.

Later on that night, I was watching the gate with Maria when we heard the sound of clashing metal from Mort'ton. We made our way into the dead town, hiding in the shadows. We saw Cain, Tsar of Canifis, fighting with an unknown woman. I had Maria stay back while I confronted them, my crossbow pointed at the woman. Cain quickly explained that this was a friendly spar and nothing more, and that he would be heading to Burgh de Rott shortly after. I called Maria out, but was surprised when Gwen stepped out as well. She had been looking for me and was pointed this way by one of the locals.

[Page 1 of 2]

07-Jul-2015 17:56:28 - Last edited on 07-Jul-2015 18:09:46 by Rologarth

Rologarth
Oct Member 2023

Rologarth

Rologarth said :

Lieutenant's Log
Caistleday, Fentuary 7th 11, 6A 3

With the supposed threat explained, I recalled my men back to Burgh de Rott. Once we were back, I sent Gwen to help Myna administer medicine to the sick around town while I inspected Maria's wolf wounds. A while later, Gwen returned with a stranger I had yet to see. He introduced himself as York, and having nowhere else to go, wanted to stay here and help out around. He also mentioned he was a talented cook, which we could always use more of. I later found out he had been found injured and was treated by some of my own.

Eon, the Wushanko islander who wandered into town the other week, showed up again. I thought he had gone with the wind, looking for his "memories." Turns out that he was one of the ones that found York injured. I sent the both of them to Aurel's Supply with some kindling to trade for some snail meats so I could test his cooking abilities.

York, Gwen, Eon, and myself sound a shack and cooked the snails while getting to know York a bit more. I would be lying if his history did not cause me concern. Born to a troubled family, on the run from a cult, Zamorakian as an imp and with a penchant for misfortune. I will have to keep a close eye on him, as genuine as he seems. I cannot afford to have any more *****-ups like before. Too much is at risk.

I am currently at the base. This snail meat York prepared isn't half bad. A little gooey, but it's an excellent first try. I hope my suspicions about him are wrong. I'd love to have well-cooked meals on a regular basis. Lately I've been having to eat donated ration packs.

[Page 2 of 2]

07-Jul-2015 18:07:41

Quick find code: 237-238-899-65245150 Back to Top