Forums

The Myreque

Quick find code: 237-238-899-65245150

Aivas

Aivas

Posts: 3,002 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Just a few general questions,

Is this cleared with the Covens? If we're going to be imparting any serious kind of difference in Morytania, there'll probably be character deaths. If so it'd just be polite to clear things with them.

Is this cleared with Conor? I know that he wanted to start up a new chapter, wondering if they'll combine or something.

And are the remnants from the last chapter welcome in the new ones, or should they go looking for a new job? Last time we had a hole in the ground that was chock full of donated weapons and such, but we never had the manpower to use even a fraction of them.

24-Dec-2013 06:54:37 - Last edited on 24-Dec-2013 06:56:41 by Aivas

Rologarth
Oct Member 2023

Rologarth

Posts: 8,316 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aivas said :
Just a few general questions,

Is this cleared with the Covens? If we're going to be imparting any serious kind of difference in Morytania, there'll probably be character deaths. If so it'd just be polite to clear things with them.

Is this cleared with Conor? I know that he wanted to start up a new chapter, wondering if they'll combine or something.

And are the remnants from the last chapter welcome in the new ones, or should they go looking for a new job? Last time we had a hole in the ground that was chock full of donated weapons and such, but we never had the manpower to use even a fraction of them.

I know I have roleplayed with the Covens, but I have not seriously sat down with their leaders to ask permission. I know Lothorian F was discussing giving us and the Army of Virtue Burgh de Rott to have territory to defend (I am unsure where this stands, I was left out of the loop on this).

I have not heard of anyone else wanting to start up a chapter, but this I am highly willing to work with. We can have separate orders like in the game and work in tandem.

The same as above applies to any former Myreque. Make or join a chapter or shack up with the New Mort Myre Order (Which is the one I currently head to replace Veliaf's doomed outpost), it does not matter to me. I would like to be very flexible with this to keep the most amount of people happy.
Can't earn Slayer xp anymore.

24-Dec-2013 07:05:47

Lothorian
Oct Member 2023

Lothorian

Posts: 730 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aivas said :
I know I have roleplayed with the Covens, but I have not seriously sat down with their leaders to ask permission. I know Lothorian F was discussing giving us and the Army of Virtue Burgh de Rott to have territory to defend (I am unsure where this stands, I was left out of the loop on this).

So long as the Myreque are going to operate as a rag-tag band of misfits fighting for survival and some liberation, I'm game. Don't overdo it when it comes to supplies and arms. And as for Burgh de Rott, it should be some form of run down village stricken with grief and poverty led by a valued (and hopeful) leader or two.

My comparison of Burgh de Rott to any point in history has always been to Paris during World War II, when it was occupied by Germany. That being said, the people should live in constant fear of the vampyres who oppress them and come for weekly tithes, but also be willing to die to keep the secret Myreque group within just that; secret, as it's the only sliver of hope they'd have left.

When the vampyres come knocking, I wouldn't think it unusual for the Myreque soldiers to make an attempt on one of them if it's a small party. Hit and run, that sort of thing. The entire point is to instill an "underdog" sense of role-play here, but the odds kind of have to be entirely against you.

I have a "Myreque character" myself that I'll be involving, if that's okay with you ;) . He's a lieutenant from the group before Gale's... if that sort of thing might carry over. (In that particular role-play, lieutenant was a lower rank, one that'd be given to a trusted scout.)

24-Dec-2013 07:29:58

Lothorian
Oct Member 2023

Lothorian

Posts: 730 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Aivas said :

Oh uh... I'm probably the only one active right now, clan wise, I mean. Conor may put something together soon as he was talking about it as an idea, but I'unno. I'm kewl wiffit, and see the above post.

EDIT: And to elaborate on why I talked about my aspirations for Burgh de Rott as I did, if the city were publicly governed by humans whose spirits weren't broken beyond repair, let alone humans armed with vyre-killing weapons, then realistically House Drakan would f*** their s*** up. And pretty fast, too... Like, boom. So there's that. I'm just saying, keep yourselves on the down low, because bringing too much attention to oneself makes the vampyres actually see humans as a threat, which is suicide.

24-Dec-2013 07:34:23 - Last edited on 24-Dec-2013 07:38:58 by Lothorian

Rologarth
Oct Member 2023

Rologarth

Ah, there you are Loth. Of course, the Myreque is supposed to be under-staffed and under-equipped. It would not make sense if every member was toting around solid sil*thril blades or unlimited armor-peircing silver bolts for their crossbows. Any over-powered gear, equipment, or supplies that come our way is sent to Meiyerditch as relief aid, effectively removing it from the roleplay world.

Burgh de Rott is a dump, as it should be. No real fortifications, no way to make some sort of stand right off the bat. The fight against the Vyres should be a covert one, relying on stealth and deceit to gain the upper-hand.

The odds are already against us. We have been operating in some way or form for a few weeks now. We have interfered in minor Vyre affairs but have not out-right attempted an assassination or battle, save for the debatable battle at Burgh de Rott (Which I was not present for, nor did I know of until after it had happened). So this is not news to me.

If you wish to join up with us, that is okay with me. While I do not think ranks would carry over, this group has a fairly relaxed and flat hierarchy. I have not had the chance to detail it in the post, but Lieutenant would be the leader of an Order/Chapter (Like my character, Isaac) with specialized recruits getting titles based on their skills and abilities. They are also given a lot of freedom, often operating as they please until they are needed. Orders from a lieutenant should be followed out of respect more-so than direct authority.

24-Dec-2013 07:50:54 - Last edited on 24-Dec-2013 07:53:21 by Rologarth

Delemis

Delemis

Posts: 2,732 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
If my opinion matters (it doesn't :( ), I would like to suggest landscaling a differant dump town to operate from, since Burgh de Rott is home to the myreque group that happens to feature inthe myreque quest series, that way it works for all of us. The ending of the words is ALMSIVI

24-Dec-2013 08:57:50

Aivas

Aivas

Posts: 3,002 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lothorian said :

EDIT: And to elaborate on why I talked about my aspirations for Burgh de Rott as I did, if the city were publicly governed by humans whose spirits weren't broken beyond repair, let alone humans armed with vyre-killing weapons, then realistically House Drakan would f*** their s*** up. And pretty fast, too... Like, boom. So there's that. I'm just saying, keep yourselves on the down low, because bringing too much attention to oneself makes the vampyres actually see humans as a threat, which is suicide.

I remember that we tended to just hide and be very secretive about any donations or supplies that came our way. Most of them stayed hidden in a hole, out of sight and out of mind. I think the one debatable thing was that sometimes the then-leader walked around with....Blisterwood x_x but other than that we usually never attracted attention.

24-Dec-2013 15:43:29

Rologarth
Oct Member 2023

Rologarth

Delemis said :
If my opinion matters (it doesn't :( ), I would like to suggest landscaling a differant dump town to operate from, since Burgh de Rott is home to the myreque group that happens to feature inthe myreque quest series, that way it works for all of us.

Which is why my Chapter, the New Mort Myre Order, operates out of an outpost in the Mort Myre Swamp. I personally do not like landscaling, as it takes away from the immersion of the roleplay. I am sure we can find some sort of happy medium when it comes to territory.

24-Dec-2013 20:51:05

Quick find code: 237-238-899-65245150 Back to Top