Forums

' The Kingdom of Kandarin ' Thread is locked

Quick find code: 237-238-857-65778472

Vekon

Vekon

Posts: 2,037 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"Bring this madness to an end."

The Archmage, the Prince stepped to his people, and all those who had gathered around during his impromptu speach.

"I wish only peace for my people, as I have done in times of conflict. This is but madness; foreign armies march into our lands. It is far more than unsettling. The long awaited death of our tyrannical King has finally come, Ardougne. Tyrek is dead, but his place is sought by the hundreds of Asgarnian soldiers and others who imply they are out to protect us. But I fear they arrived with only one thing on their mind."

"We do not want any more war, or any foreign armies in our borders. It is unsettling, and we do not require what you call protection . I ask this to all foreign military that have forcefully intruded our nation. Leave, so that Kandarin may be peaceful once more."

Whether the people of Ardougne were happy to see their age-long Prince attempt public diplomacy was unknown. The fear that came along with the City being practically invaded was obvious enough, and it was probably time for it to end.
KANDAR VICTA

Axel Vekon, the Eternal Emperor, the Archmage, the Lichslayer, of the Holy Kandarin Empire.

#
HouseVekon

23-Aug-2016 20:45:51

Magnickicent
Jul Member 2023

Magnickicent

Posts: 559 Steel Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The Duchies of Baxtorian and Hemenster have made an alliance with one another. This alliance would put them under the leadership of Aunrich Florane, combining the forces of both duchies to protect themselves, as the times in the Capital became unruley and unpredictable as to whether or not Kandarin would see another Mad King. As it was, Foreign troops have already moved into the city. At the moment, Aunrich has not decided who he will support in their succession for the throne. |
Nick
|
"Freedom is the opportunity to do what is right."
|
W41 Squad
| The Grand City

23-Aug-2016 21:07:06

Palpatom

Palpatom

Posts: 8,982 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Adrian gave his rhetoric from the battlements of Ardougne Castle, the throng gathering before the portcullis and on the bridge over the Dougne, looking up at the man who would be their King.

"I stand before you as the lawful candidate, the peaceful candidate, despite the words of Prince Axel in criticism of me. I have heard your cries and suffering, not just from the treatment you have suffered at the hand of Mad King Tyrek, but also from Senna the Quarreler before him, and on your behalf, I say no more to it! Axel would have you all submit back to Senna's yoke, and to the yoke of those educated in her image. When have the Vekons known peace? All they have brought is tyranny and death. You all deserve better, my treasured citizens, my countrymen. I seek to deliver you better. Whilst yes, I enjoy the confidence of Asgarnia, is that a bad thing? Is it so unthinkable that he who sits on the Crimson Throne should be friends with the great powers, rather than continually pursuing murder and mayhem against them that brought this land to the brink of war so many times? Be it Vergil's abortive attempt to unseat the Asgarnian Emperor, or Senna's attempt to spill blood on sanctified ground? Ardougne is not a land of ethnic politics. King Oliver the Great was borne in Misthalite lands, and King Silva, and his predecessor, my grandfather, were elves. Did they not still rule with wisdom and just hand? The Vekons themselves originate from lands foreign. Do not let yourselves be deceived by this.

My own forces, however, are of your ilk, firmly and fondly in brotherhood. Either those who have flocked to me since I have established myself as your protector and representative, or those who have fled Kandarin to avoid the persecution of their masters, make up the bulk of the force I have brought here. Your pain and your needs are understood and felt by all of us.

Your former ruler, Greyson, has endorsed my move to become your King, and I am grateful for his warm support --
Tom ~ Player of Oliver II, King of Kandarin, Prince of Albamonte, Prince of Camelot, Keeper of the Legacy of Baxtorian and Vanguard of Armadyl.

23-Aug-2016 21:34:23

Palpatom

Palpatom

-- alongside the great support that so many of you have given me. Together, we can break this vicious cycle of suffering and insanity. Together, we can forge something newer, freer, and stronger for this time of troubles and darkness. My people, my brethren, my beloved friends, you are unchained! Take your strong arms and cry out for freedom! I wish no war upon the remainder of House Vekon, but if they seek to take from you this newfound liberty that we have sought to secure, then it shall be defended! To Axel, I say, leave us in peace!"

The responses from the crowd were mixed. The Tyrekists who had come to spy upon the speech left with shaking heads. The Sennaists were alarmed and made to dart away to their own factions. However, those that supported Adrian gave a mighty cheer for his vision of a reborn Ardougne, and as the restored Aerendyl-Mathrafal returned into the Castle, he took a easy breath as he resolved to do whatever it took to protect his people from the darkness.
Tom ~ Player of Oliver II, King of Kandarin, Prince of Albamonte, Prince of Camelot, Keeper of the Legacy of Baxtorian and Vanguard of Armadyl.

23-Aug-2016 21:34:34 - Last edited on 23-Aug-2016 21:39:52 by Palpatom

Van Baelsar

Van Baelsar

Posts: 249 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
"Isn't it funny."

A white haired individual amidst the crowd glanced around, to those stood alongside him.

"He speaks ill of them now, but just last week he was asking to have Axel Vekon pushed to the throne. Now he wants to push him away because he sits on it. What sort of king flip-flops like that? He's already dropped one kingdom for another, what's to stop him doing it again?"

Shaking his head, the man turned and began walking off.

"Just something to think about."
- Kieran | The Real Fine Newt | LONG LIVE RADOVID.

23-Aug-2016 21:47:25

KDF-Juan
May Member 2018

KDF-Juan

Posts: 1,124 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Upon the battlements of Fort Hemenester stood Captain Gregory Forge, the sixty year old seasoned armsman faced his amassed soldiers gathered in the fort.

" My brothers and sisters,

Our homeland once again faces the invasion of a Usurper, I know the late King Tyrek lost his way in the end, but that doesn't give this selfproclaimed hero Adrian the right to claim our capital and allow Asgarnian soldiers into our land! We will not stand for this! Kandarin is a proud nation and we are capable of taking care of ourselves. Prince Axel Vekon is wise and true, he remembers a time when Kandarin was the greatest nation in the world and he will restore it to that state. We will stand with him against this Usurper and push him and the Asgarnians out of our lands! "

And with that the crowd of armsmen cheered, proud and filled with more nationalism then ever before.
It's just business.

23-Aug-2016 21:58:46 - Last edited on 23-Aug-2016 22:01:20 by KDF-Juan

Kex

Kex

Posts: 5,871 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Vekon said :
Geythir said :
remember that time people roleplayed in-game

it was greyt

So, I'm confused for a second here.

I'm looking over all this writing, and am genuinely unsure where the logic comes from that Tom's character somehow owns the castle.

He killed Tyrek. I get that. People kill eachother's characters, Kings die in battle. Sure.

In what way does that transcribe to "I own the castle"?

How did his forces get into Ardougne? Did the Ardougne army just be like "lol sure come in", and suddenly respect their authority when he killed Tyrek? That doesn't make sense. How does he have the army to take over a city in the first place? What major Kingdom is supporting him? If any?

This reeks of thoughtless roleplay gauged toward an end-goal the writing itself hasn't achieved.
I have eaten
the plums
that were in
the icebox

and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast

Forgive me
they were delicious
so sweet
and so cold

23-Aug-2016 22:51:48

Palpatom

Palpatom

Adrian entered Ardougne with a force by cover of stealth, with which he slew Tyrek and took the castle, and since the establishment of that, he has gained adherents who have sworn to his side of the matter. In terms of major support, he has the backing of the Asgarnians.

These things have been RPed out, and I typed a report out about it in order to provide those not witness to what was a rather late RP with the context of the event.

The only things that have not been RPed out are the speeches, as speeches often aren't. No one wants to actually sit and listen to those from either side.

23-Aug-2016 23:13:07

Quick find code: 237-238-857-65778472 Back to Top