Forums

' The Kingdom of Kandarin ' Thread is locked

Quick find code: 237-238-857-65778472

Aftokratoria

Aftokratoria

Posts: 4 Bronze Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
APPLICATION
Character name: Lady Aftokratoria 'Ria' Piraeus
Role: Grand Steward (Accepted as such by His Majesty King Tyrek I)
Religious views: Lady Piraeus is agnostic, though she has a slight affiliation with the now deceased Guthix.
Race: Human
Personality: Lady Piraeus is first and foremost known for her down-to-earth and steadfast mind. She makes sure a job is done correctly, and waits for no man. Ria is compassionate when she relates to the situation, but is otherwise respectful of people's emotions. Her role in diplomacy has served her well also, allowing her to be quite sociable and able to assimilate into conversation quite well.
Appearance: Lady Piraeus stands at a height of 5'7", with a tan skin and ice blue eyes. Her curly hair is a honey brown and is usually tied up in a fringed bun to compliment the headdress she wears. Possessing a squarish jaw and high cheekbones which she inherited from her mother, they are accentuated by pointed eyebrows and full lips. Although she can be considered pretty, her age has started to show slight signs of age, or stress. As for her body, Ria has a slight curvature to her hips and chest, and wears a flowing silk gown of white paired with a blue silk overdress. All of this is pulled together with a golden corset and jewels to show her patrician status.
History: Lady Aftokratoria Piraeus was born in the year 141, on the 31st of Rintra. Her father, Lysander Piraeus, was a descendant of Vinitria of Hallowvale, a lady who became a refugee on the eve of the Fall of Hallowvale and was subsequently remembered in history as a predecessor to one of the many tribes that united to create the new Avarrocka. Lady Piraeus was enrolled in tutelage from a young age, as the only child of a Guard Captain was expected to be. Her mother made sure she was well versed in the affairs of ladies, and taught her the importance of simply listening.
((Cont.))

30-Jul-2016 22:26:01

Aftokratoria

Aftokratoria

((Cont.)) It was clear after Lady Piraeus reached her tenth winter that she excelled in one particular subject - diplomacy. Lysander Piraeus made sure to introduce her to the area of court quickly, and soon Lady Piraeus had become a girl well-known for her social expertise and knowledge of neighbouring kingdoms.

At the age of 17, Lady Piraeus was instated into the Queen's Ladies-in-waiting. She climbed the political ladder when she became a close confidante of Her Majesty, Queen Elrina Lansing. Imparting secrets from the courts to her adored monarch, Lady Piraeus becomes a spy of sorts in order to allow the Queen to keep track of her subjects. At the age of 19, the Lady Aftokratoria Piraeus was formally introduced as the Grand Steward's secretary, gaining her position in court at an early age. This was news to the crowd, who had not expected such a young girl to be trusted with assisting in the affairs of the monarch.

However, when Ria was 21, sadness filled the Piraeus home when Guard Captain Lysander fell to a raid on the Jolly Boar Inn by a dark sorceress months after Alexander Aerendyl was banished from the Kingdom of Varrock. Lady Piraeus then inherited her father's home, and promptly organised her father's replacement, a move that was somewhat gasped at within Varrock's court as it was nearly a week after her father's death.

After this event, Lady Piraeus' superior succumbed to old age, and being next in line became Grand Steward of the court at the age of 23. Queen Lumina, successor to the abdicated Queen Elrina, passed the throne to the Hand of the Queen, Lavinia. Lady Piraeus continued her position within the Office of the Grand Steward, but had to regain the trust of the Monarchy in order to resume her relay of information.

At the age of 27, Lady Piraeus was now the Grand Steward of King Caius, but was moved to the Office of the Royal Diplomat once showing her affinity for entertaining foreign dignitaries.
((Cont.))

30-Jul-2016 22:46:17

Aftokratoria

Aftokratoria

((Cont.)) However on the dawn of King Kasharren's (King Caius' successor) ousting, Lady Piraeus renounced her position on the grounds that she did not support the coup. Now an exiled diplomat, the 30 year old Lady Piraeus resumed her accomodation in Al Kharid until her 32nd winter, upon which she decided after two years of living as an asylum seeker she would seek work in the court of King Tyrek I of Kandarin, having heard of prosperity in the region after the reinstatement of the Vekons.
Other Information: Lady Piraeus was instated as Grand Steward of the Court of Kandarin by King Tyrek I on the 30 Fentuary, the Year 4. (Tyrek instated me!)

30-Jul-2016 22:51:10

Zeremal
May Member 2022

Zeremal

Posts: 1,484 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
*›,¸¸,‹**›,¸¸,‹**›,¸¸,‹**›,¸¸,‹**›,¸¸,‹*A Gentle Departure*›,¸¸,‹**›,¸¸,‹**›,¸¸,‹**›,¸¸,‹**››,¸¸,‹*

It was evening, and news spread like wildfire. A page simply rapped upon the door of Senna's study with all but himself - no letter. Simply walking forth without being ushered to by the Queen, her eyes gunned him down as he proceeded to speak.

"Your Majesty, your brother - The King Rhames of Camelot, is dead."

Senna's stare did not waver. Her words rolled out softly simultaneous to her expression calming, "I pray a Vekon was not responsible?"

"No, your Majesty."

A sigh followed. The page left. She spoke to herself.

"Little brother, while our battles did exist, I am sorry someone sent you on your way. Humbled it wasn't myself that brought your death, you - and my sister, did not ever deserve this. All of my full siblings are dead. Our father is dead. I pray for our mother. I'll live for us all. Not just Alise anymore, but for you as well. I'm sorry, little brother."

Following her testimony to herself, Senna sat atop the rooftop of the castle, looking out over her Kingdom.
Right action is better than knowledge; but in order to do what is right, we must know what is right.
| Alli, the Eternal | Women Shi Zui Hao De Pengyou

01-Aug-2016 02:31:04

K9 Morphed

K9 Morphed

Posts: 12,368 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯

‘¸
______
¸·*’ˆ'* ¸
_______ Kharidia _______
¸ *’ˆ'*·¸
______
¸‘

¯
` ., ¸¸„ . ·¨
¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯
¨
ˆ'
‘'*
·}
±
*'’
¨
¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯
¨· . „¸¸ ,. ´
¯

DEAR HRH, Queen Senna I and HRH, King Tyrek,

I write to you on behalf of Her Holiness, Calipha Aquila of the Kharidian Desert; Priestess of the Menaphite Panetheon and Protector of the Sands of Tumeken.

Her Holiness cordially invites you to journey to the grand capital city of Al Kharid to discuss the political relationship between the Kingdom of Kandarin and the Kharidian Desert.

Her Holiness extends an arm of friendship, accompanied by the Kharidian people, in hopes that you will accept her kind offer.

We look forward to your reply,

May Tumeken's light guide you,
Lord Abyan.
Caliphal Diplomat.

¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯
¨
ˆ'
‘*
·}
±
*’
¨
¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯
#TeamDaenerys

05-Aug-2016 16:30:52

Melkarth
Sep Member 2022

Melkarth

Posts: 14,783 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
¯
` ., ¸¸„ . ·¨
¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯
¨
ˆ'
‘'*
·}
±
Office of His Eminence the Wali Reis Naziri
±
*'’
¨
¯ ¯ ¯ ¯ ¯
¨· . „¸¸ ,. ´
¯

To Their Royal Majesties, Queen Senna and King Tyrek, and Their Court,

Warmest welcomes. I write on behalf of Her Imperial Holiness, Calipha Aquila of the Kharidian Desert; Priestess of the Menaphite Panetheon and Protector of the Sands of Tumeken as Lord Abyan's replacement. I do so to reaffirm in the eyes of Kandarin the Vaharid Caliphate's commitment to peace, prosperity and propensity towards trade and mutual welfare with cooperative realms.

It is with the most solemn of intents, therefore, that we wish to exchange Ambassadors and begin the reconstruction of bountiful cooperative relations. It is most unfortunate our situation with the Kingdom of the Misthalites, which we are sure you shall hear of shortly if not already. Let it be known, and let the enclosed other letter be evidence of such, that we wish nothing but peace and trade with them, too. Unfortunately, the Lord Regent has taken a vendetta against us. We are working, however, to sort this out so that we may maintain cordial trade relations and facilitate our merchants having access to oversee travel once more.

I hope it is understood that this Misthalite embargo is an act of unwarranted aggression. Though we endeavor to resolve such a dispute with dialogue, your merchantmen can take comfort that our waters and coasts are patrolled by the Sophanite and Kharidian galley fleets. Our warships are the best in the world, and should any Misthalite, or other, ship attempt to harass trading vessels our sailors will not think twice to ensure safe passage.

A thousand good wishes,

Wali Saif ad Din ibn Urie al Jakkan,
Reis Naziri min Diwan Alkhilafa

06-Aug-2016 20:47:24 - Last edited on 06-Aug-2016 20:48:33 by Melkarth

Valiesin
Dec Member 2021

Valiesin

Posts: 3,781 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Town criers and messengers were dispersed throughout the kingdom and to Camelot. Armsmen of the 23rd Regiment can be found patrolling the capital and securing various areas throughout the city. The officers and nobles of the kingdom shall receive the following orders:

ATTENTION OFFICERS AND NOBLES OF KANDARIN

ORDERS FROM HIS MAJESTY, KING TYREK OF HOUSE VEKON, LORD OF HOUSE VEKON

All members of House Vekon are ordered to immediately report to the Sunlit Hall to swear ultimate fealty to King Tyrek, recognizing him as their liege lord- the patriarch of House Vekon.

All Vectori are henceforth expelled from the city until otherwise stated. Those who wish to serve House Vekon may swear an oath of fealty to His Majesty, King Tyrek.

All members of House Vekon refusing to swear fealty to King Tyrek are henceforth expelled from the Kingdom of Kandarin. Those found still present in the kingdom shall be executed by the King himself. Those still recognizing Axel Vekon as Lord Vekon shall be executed at once by King Tyrek himself.

All nobles of the Kingdom of Camelot are permitted entry to Ardougne by themselves alone so long as they have the intention to swear their lands and houses to King Tyrek of Kandarin. Any who refuse to swear fealty to King Tyrek shall not receive his mercy when the Kingdom of Camelot is destroyed by House Vekon and reduced to vassalage. Any guards present with these lords and ladies shall be disarmed and returned home.

All this is done by order of His Majesty and to be carried out in haste whilst destiny delivers the full might of Kandarin into King Tyrek's hands.

Long Live the King,

His Majesty, King Tyrek of Kandarin

Lord of House Vekon
.„¸¸,.·` |
Valiesin
| `· .,¸¸„.

07-Aug-2016 19:02:25 - Last edited on 07-Aug-2016 19:05:54 by Valiesin

Geythir
Jun Member 2013

Geythir

Posts: 1,723 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
With the Line of Kings broken in Camelot and the two Princes falling into war, the Duchy of Sinclair had mostly been quiet during the conflict.

Until one day, the bannermen of the Blackwoods would be called up. A fury of action as men marched Southwards to secure the neck that lead from the Southern Camelot and Seersheaven to the northern reaches of the Kingdom.

The border with the Northern Realm being secured and a series of defensive positions being erected as travel to Sinclair would be sealed off by order of the Duchess of Sinclair. Any Crown forces left in the Duchy would be given the option to lay down their arms and leave peacefully or face battle.

If anyone wishes to Roleplay any battle in Sinclair during this lockdown and moving of Armies, please inform me on here or the Kandarin Thread. I am off to work in a few so I won't see anything for a few hours.

Cheers,
Myles
Myles
A lot of Characters | World 42

07-Aug-2016 19:44:13

Quick find code: 237-238-857-65778472 Back to Top