Forums

The Trading Company De Fiore

Quick find code: 237-238-853-65773259

Sand Traven

Sand Traven

Posts: 4,520 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
On Rufus' desk in his office, open to all family members, sits a new piece of correspondence sticking out noticeably from the rest. Along with this new letter are far older bits of material; vellum, papyrus and even a wax tablet. The writing on these is in a variety of languages; only the first letter is written entirely in common.

Rufus-

It was precisely where you said it was, and thank Armadyl for that. Nestled into the hills like this, sheltered from the worst of the wind there's less chance of a traveller stumbling upon it by accident. I found recent evidence of temporary habitation as you suspected, but nothing long-term. These wolds sap one's strength and wits by degrees. I don't think anyone wants to stay here long.

Your father's records are not as comprehensive as your own but the relevant bits of information were easy enough to find. I enclose everything. I do not suspect these notes have been disturbed; the implications of which I'd rather not dwell on. Certainly I do not feel alone.

My abilities do not cover the wealth of tongues within. Kharidian scattered among Middle Common, Infernal and, curiously, words unique to the elven dialect of Baxtorian's kingdom are all present in seemingly random patterns along with languages I've never encountered. I can get as far as "let the adeptus gather" and then I am at a loss to continue. Which of these is the contract and which the instructions I leave to your expertise.

To answer the question suffixed to your last letter, I do not recognise that name but I am a journalist and do not dabble in such things by choice. Frankly I wish to be shot of all this and consider my debt settled upon receipt of the attached.

For what it is worth I consider your path to be the right one, and I wish you luck but I beg you proceed with caution. I fear that an unwise decision in your dealings with such as Her may prompt an ill conclusion.

-Tame Locke
One man's trash is another's treasure, and one man's cash buys another's pleasure.
So I'll rob from the cradle, and I'll rob from the grave; it's just human traffic, and I'm just a slave.

13-Apr-2016 21:58:57

Vekon

Vekon

Posts: 2,037 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sand Traven said :

Clothiers to kings and queens.
Cobblers to courtiers and commoners.
Succour to serfs.
Ale for what ails you.
The hammer; not the anvil.

bars
KANDAR VICTA

Axel Vekon, the Eternal Emperor, the Archmage, the Lichslayer, of the Holy Kandarin Empire.

#
HouseVekon

14-Apr-2016 22:01:18

Sand Traven

Sand Traven

Yeah, I really should get around to writing that introduction but I just can't be bothered. It's like, I made this roleplay so I could roleplay, not write a thread, y'know? I'unno, I'm probably just lazy but I'm happy with my choices. One man's trash is another's treasure, and one man's cash buys another's pleasure.
So I'll rob from the cradle, and I'll rob from the grave; it's just human traffic, and I'm just a slave.

14-Apr-2016 22:31:16

Sand Traven

Sand Traven

RP TONIGHT WHAT-OH.

After that's done we have a job to be getting on with; we've been commissioned to help furnish a meal for some very special customers. Rufus will explain all IC.
One man's trash is another's treasure, and one man's cash buys another's pleasure.

17-Apr-2016 11:13:21

Sand Traven

Sand Traven

Tonight was a write-off, but that's alright, IRL comes first. Every cloud has a silver lining; this particular silver lining came as I was dealing with some coffee shakes (I don't normally drink the stuff, so it hits me like the proverbial train) and was running through the plot in my head when I realised I wanted to take the plot - tonight's roleplay included - in a slightly different direction. That wouldn't have been able to happen if we'd done it tonight, so it's all good.

We'll find a time in the week when you're all free. For my part, I can't do Thursday or Friday this week but every other night is fine. If we provisionally book in Wednesday at, say, 11pm BST again, how does that sit for all of you?

18-Apr-2016 00:51:01

Sand Traven

Sand Traven

Weeeellll tonight didn't happen. We're gonna do this once more - provisionally booking MONDAY 25TH APRIL - 11:00 PM BST.

If this is no good for any of you, let me know in advance and we can reschedule. If I don't hear from you before then, I'm going to assume you're cool with it happening whether or not you show. After this event we can get on with the business side of the business and we won't have to stress over scheduled events.

20-Apr-2016 23:16:59

Sand Traven

Sand Traven

After feedback, we're going to try instead for TUESDAY 26TH APRIL instead, same time - 11:00 PM BST. Does this suit the rest of you? One man's trash is another's treasure, and one man's cash buys another's pleasure.

20-Apr-2016 23:45:48

Sand Traven

Sand Traven

ALRIIIGHT LADIES I'm back from hols in Londontown and I'm ill AF. Good thing we rebooked to tomorrow because I'm so not down for anything involved tonight. I'll keep you updated. One man's trash is another's treasure, and one man's cash buys another's pleasure.

25-Apr-2016 09:12:34

Sand Traven

Sand Traven

Great RP the other night, perfect 5/7, we'll get on to business shortly. I'll start that in a day or two when I'm feeling better; I know some of you become more available shortly and that'll help with scheduling. One man's trash is another's treasure, and one man's cash buys another's pleasure.

29-Apr-2016 14:35:15

Quick find code: 237-238-853-65773259 Back to Top