The Trading Company De Fiore

or
IV Cohort, Legio II Senntisten

Clothiers to kings and queens.
Cobblers to courtiers and commoners.
Succour to serfs.
Ale for what ails you.
The hammer; not the anvil.
One man's trash is another's treasure, and one man's cash buys another's pleasure.
So I'll rob from the cradle, and I'll rob from the grave; it's just human traffic, and I'm just a slave.

02-Apr-2016 01:13:30 - Last edited on 03-Apr-2016 14:00:26 by Sand Traven

Sand Traven

Sand Traven

Posts: 4,520 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
~~~Wibbly borders***

Contents
I. Introduction
II. Contents
III. Welcome!
IV. Wishlist and special requests
V. Agricultural surplus and products
VI. Vineyards and vintages
*II. The Armoury
VIII. The Family
IX. The Mission
X. Rules - IC
XI. Rules - OOC
One man's trash is another's treasure, and one man's cash buys another's pleasure.
So I'll rob from the cradle, and I'll rob from the grave; it's just human traffic, and I'm just a slave.

02-Apr-2016 01:13:43 - Last edited on 03-Apr-2016 18:21:16 by Sand Traven

Sand Traven

Sand Traven

~~~Wibbly borders~~~

Welcome!

Welcome! one and all to this humble house of business. Here the de Fiore family, headed by its mysterious pater familias Rufus, hopes to make itself a contender on the world stage of commerce and innovation!

All manner of goods bought and sold. From Kharidian carpets to Kandar carrots, from Misthalani minerals to Menaphite mirrorware, from Asgarnian apple cider to Acheronian artifacts; all this and more available at prices to suit all castes and classes! Come one come all, all are welcome here!

But there may be more to the de Fiore success than meets the eye. Behind the warm handshakes and the winning smiles, hidden in the ink that signs the dotted lines of contracts and accounts, lies a secret and a mission of cosmic importance.

---Housekeeping---

You will find no forms, here. In order to retain the personal element, customers are requested to contact the Company directly via written correspondence or by visiting our offices in Seershaven, Camelot for a chat over a glass of wine.

Similarly, anyone wishing to join the roleplay is encouraged to contact me directly in-game. Characters of all sorts of skills and trades or none are welcome - we can find a job for anyone. We have no members list - membership is kept anonymous by default, though an individual may make his or her membership public if desired. New roleplayers are always welcome.

02-Apr-2016 01:13:43 - Last edited on 02-Apr-2016 16:46:30 by Sand Traven

Sand Traven

Sand Traven

~~~Wibbly borders~~~

Wishlist

If you're selling, the Company is probably buying. But in particular the Company currently seeks the following:

Mineral resources - in bulk or otherwise. The precious and the practical; we want it all!

A grower of herbs. The Company will seek its own allotment once Camelot is in a position to provide one, but for now they will buy from private gardeners and herbologists.

02-Apr-2016 01:13:43 - Last edited on 02-Apr-2016 02:21:19 by Sand Traven

Sand Traven

Sand Traven

~~~Wibbly borders~~~

Agricultural surplus and products

The de Fiore name and fortune was sewn in the soil of Kandarin, where Rufus' father innovated plough designs and crop field rotation, thus revolutionising the world of agriculture; or rather his methods would've done, had he shared them with the world. As it was the secrets were closely guarded and remain a de Fiore secret to this day.*

Starting with carrots and potatoes the humble, peasant family took to selling off the surplus from their small but fertile plot several miles north of Ardougne. They began by bartering their increased yield with their fellow, tenant-farmer neighbours for better tools and spare furrows in which to sew their own crops. Soon they were selling to the baron himself, laying the Saramass goose at his banquet table and provisioning his troops on campaign. The rest, as the saying goes, is history.

The company will deal in all manner of produce, but for now has stockpiles of one thing only: grain. Despite a sizeable donation made to the fledgling kingdom of Camelot the company has much left over and is selling at a very reasonable price. Minimum order one sack.

To make a purchase, one need only post on this thread in-character and we'll take it from there!

*The rumours of infernal contracts and human sacrifice at the root of this success are ludicrous. Yes, quite mad. Hahaha!

02-Apr-2016 01:13:43 - Last edited on 02-Apr-2016 13:47:44 by Sand Traven

Sand Traven

Sand Traven

~~~Wibbly borders~~~

Vineyards and vintages

Rufus' late father moved the Company into the wine market towards the end of his life, when his wits had begun to fade and his business acumen to dull somewhat. Nonetheless he made several excellent purchases and - despite the loss of the family vineyard to Bandosian bandits in the opening manoeuvres of His battle with Armadyl - a healthy cutting of the iconic family vine remains in Rufus' possession.

For now, lacking the land in which to sew said vine, the Company has opened its remaining wine stocks to offers from discerning connoisseurs. The Company will continue to seek suitable farm land for its vine cultivation and on an entirely unrelated note, it wishes the kingdom of Camelot the very best of luck in its efforts to reclaim Catherby from the rebels.

In stock

Maison Bolton, Sarimia 169, Fifth Age - Distilled days before the passing of Guthix and the end of the Fifth Age, only two-hundred bottles were corked before an "accident" lost the rest of the vat. Grapes from a small, family vintner in sun-kissed, rural southern Asgarnia. A dense, rich red with a nose of blackberry and chives, and a finish of summer fruits and impending doom.
Seven bottles remaining

Barbarus Alba, Yanillia 163, Fifth Age - A citrusy, lively dry white from southern Kandarin, grown and distilled by a co-operative run by soldiers manning the border with the wild Feldip Hills. 163 was a particularly good year for Yanillian whites, and this is regarded by wine circles as the finest of the year's yield.
Three bottles remaining

Khazard Port, Port Khazard 168, Fifth Age - "Any port in a storm" says the old maxim, but no sailor would put into Port Khazard unless he truly had to. Only of interest to collectors due to its rarity - virtually the entire batch was lost in an amphibious raid. Best drunk with EXTREME care.
One remaining

02-Apr-2016 01:13:44 - Last edited on 02-Apr-2016 14:47:22 by Sand Traven

Sand Traven

Sand Traven

~~~Wibbly borders~~~

The Armoury

The move into the arms trade is Rufus' own addition to the Company's repertoire, and the innovations found here are entirely his own, albeit adapted from existing ideas in some cases. Hand-manufactured by Rufus in the Company workshop, each design comes stamped with the Company's registered trading sigil and Rufus' own hand-carved signature.

The Company's armoury sells, with virtually no exceptions, to heads and representatives of state. All transactions must take place face-to-face, though heads of state may send representatives bearing official documentation. The Company is not in the business of furnishing mercenaries, noble houses or jilted lovers.

The Instruments

The Ribaudekin - Wheel- or ship-mounted, this design aims to re-invigorate an older, more primitive style of artillery. Muzzle-loaded, powder-charged, this weapon fires large arrows and grapeshot up to eye-white range. Nicknamed "the peasant shredder," it is recommended for use against unarmoured targets. You'll find nothing better for the dispersion of mobs and rioters.
One available

The Mercurial Blade - A de Fiore original, these two-handed, square-headed swords utilise the latest in metallurgical innovation to bring you the bleeding-edge of law-enforcement. A channel runs through the swords containing liquid mercury which, coupled with an experienced arm, adds hitherto unachievable power to any blow. Not recommended for combat, these blades make an exquisite gift for the special executioner in your life. Make your beheadings the envy of the civilised world with a blade that will cut through flesh and bone unlike anything seen before on Gielinor.
Limited edition. Two available - sold individually.

The MK. I v2 Flenser Mortar - What happened to v1? You'll know when you fire v2.
***CURRENTLY UNAVAILABLE***

02-Apr-2016 01:13:59 - Last edited on 08-May-2016 02:41:34 by Sand Traven

Sand Traven

Sand Traven

~~~Wibbly borders~~~

The Family

From humble beginnings in the rolling farm lands of Kandarin, the de Fiore family enjoyed a meteoric rise from farm labourers to merchant princes within a generation. Rufus' father raised the family from farm hands to potato merchants to cultivators of herbs to coal barons to clothiers to armourers and almost back again. The family's lately diminished fortune has come now to Rufus, who seeks to restore the family name and fortune.

Of late a widower, Rufus de Fiore has returned from many years abroad to inherit the family business. His children scattered about the world known and unknown, he calls them now to return to him in Camelot.

The question remains, however: do they know the family secret? And perhaps more importantly: can they keep it?

If you wish to join the family, contact me directly. New roleplayers are very welcome!

02-Apr-2016 01:13:59 - Last edited on 02-Apr-2016 02:06:28 by Sand Traven

Sand Traven

Sand Traven

~~~Wibbly borders~~~

The Mission

The Trading Company De Fiore's mission statement begins: "From the fields of Kandarin to the doorstep of the world, The Trading Company De Fiore brings old-world class and elegant simplicity together in-.." and goes on from there.

What? That's not what you scrolled down for?

Oh, you're wondering about the alternative title? Well, tough luck, buddy. Family only.

02-Apr-2016 01:13:59 - Last edited on 02-Apr-2016 17:19:01 by Sand Traven

Sand Traven

Sand Traven

~~~Wibbly borders~~~

Rights and Rules - IC

The breaking of rules and the divesting of rights by anyone, Family or employee, will subject the perpetrator to the judgement of the Family and the Pater Familias.

I. Company employees have the right to work in a safe and secure environment and should not expect maltreatment from customers or fellow staff
II. Company employees have a right to regular pay as outlined in Company contracts
III. The laws of the land apply at all times to employees within those lands - anyone breaking those laws will be subject not only to the judgement of the Family and the Pater Familias, but also that of local law enforcement agents
**. The sale of any weapons from the Company armoury must be conducted face-to-face and the Pater Familias or a co-signatory Family member must be present to sign the Company's half of the documentation
V. Customers are to be shown nothing less than reverential respect at all times - the customer is not always right, but that is not yours to decide
VI. The Company reserves the right to discharge any member of staff at any time and is under no obligation to show cause

VII. All co-signatory Family members, Company representatives and those others identified personally by the Pater Familias are required to take an oath relinquishing the right to bear weapons whether in anger or self-defence until such time as the Pater Familias initiates the rite of ad triarios
- NOT YET IN EFFECT

02-Apr-2016 01:14:00 - Last edited on 03-Apr-2016 18:20:01 by Sand Traven

Quick find code: 237-238-853-65773259 Back to Top