Forums

"What's Canon?"

Quick find code: 237-238-457-65867256

Am RolePlay

Am RolePlay

Posts: 1,306 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Alright - so through this thread's brief life-span we saw a few key points:

I. There should only be one Ardougne.

II. POKs in general should be disbanded. While I don't think that this will ever happen, atleast in the time that I have left on here, it's not an awful idea.

III. This whole situation should have been avoided.

IV. Activity of Vekon's Kandarin is far superior to that of Daniel's Kandarin.

07-Jan-2017 19:45:26 - Last edited on 07-Jan-2017 20:21:33 by Am RolePlay

BloxzorKBG

BloxzorKBG

Posts: 1,191 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lord Pyro I said :
when I found out I acknowledged it as and know the guy and as far as I'm aware he was pretty high up in the guards (also it's not like a traitor wasn't how this whole thing got started in the first place).

I may not have been around for the event, but based on what I've heard about this player (Although I don't know him/her), I disagree with Pyro's first point. I believe that he/she was likely influenced by OOC motives to open the gates. It's a common thing in RP, and Gale already said this on him. "Though some of the things I have learned he did were underhanded more or less..."

I disagree with Pyro's second point as well, just on the misunderstanding that Camelot's actions were acknowledged. They weren't, lol, Dan ignored us too.

I agree with his other points though.
Kingdom of Hynafiaid
|
Bloxzor
|
"Faith without works is dead."
|
W41 Squad

07-Jan-2017 19:57:47

Vekon

Vekon

Posts: 2,037 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
BloxzorKBG said :
Lord Pyro I said :
when I found out I acknowledged it as and know the guy and as far as I'm aware he was pretty high up in the guards (also it's not like a traitor wasn't how this whole thing got started in the first place).

I may not have been around for the event, but based on what I've heard about this player (Although I don't know him/her), I disagree with Pyro's first point. I believe that he/she was likely influenced by OOC motives to open the gates. It's a common thing in RP, and Gale already said this on him. "Though some of the things I have learned he did were underhanded more or less..."

I disagree with Pyro's second point as well, just on the misunderstanding that Camelot's actions were acknowledged. They weren't, lol, Dan ignored us too.

Personally I agree with about 99% of what Pyro said;

The man in question's character was once someone who served under a Vekon king and queen. His loyalty to the Vekon wasn't entirely fleshed out until he joined Axel's efforts and helped him overwhelm the castle through subterfuge. He was playing a character properly, but the methods he used to basically lure people to the event is what I didn't agree with.
KANDAR VICTA

Axel Vekon, the Eternal Emperor, the Archmage, the Lichslayer, of the Holy Kandarin Empire.

#
HouseVekon

07-Jan-2017 20:07:42

Delemis

Delemis

Posts: 2,732 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Am RolePlay said :
V. Daniel stepped down after this thread began to pick-up steam.

He said this, and I told Blox that he said this, but it was definetily way too early to post about it. Dan is currently without internet, and dealing with health issues. If he steps down, it's not simply because he wants to or because of this thread (which I don't think he's even read).
The ending of the words is ALMSIVI

07-Jan-2017 20:08:51 - Last edited on 07-Jan-2017 20:09:57 by Delemis

Am RolePlay

Am RolePlay

Posts: 1,306 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Delemis said :
Am RolePlay said :
V. Daniel stepped down after this thread began to pick-up steam.

He said this, and I told Blox that he said this, but it was definetily way too early to post about it. Dan is currently without internet, and dealing with health issues. If he steps down, it's not simply because he wants to or because of this thread (which I don't think he's even read).

I retracted the statement is respect to his health issues.

07-Jan-2017 20:21:56

Lord Pyro I
Nov Member 2018

Lord Pyro I

Posts: 4,255 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
BloxzorKBG said :
Lord Pyro I said :

Actually on that 2nd point blox, it was a typo. I did mean to say why wasn't Camelot acknowledged. Afterall I'm not clear on what you supposedly broke that made that ok.
"The greatest endeavors are achieved because of their selfless intent"
#WarIsComing

08-Jan-2017 21:20:12

Arenella

Arenella

Posts: 920 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Why is this even a problem?

That was beautifully stated. To the point, I know that many of you don't know me and the ones that do have most likely forgotten me, but the fact is that I've been roleplaying on RS for many years on and each time I have come back and seen people pushing others away because they believe themselves to be better than another. Time and time again people have been 'exiled' from roleplay because one person or another doesn't like what they have done or feel the need to assert their 'authority.' Is authority something that really matters for an online game?

As for the activeness of player own cities/kingdoms, I personally feel that they have little relevance at this point. The glory days of RSRP have long since past and at the core of this it is our fault. I personally believe that the entire roleplaying community of w42 should start with a clean slate. By this I mean forgetting the past and leaving behind whatever problems you may have with another player and joining together as a group to do the very thing we still log in for - roleplay. A clean slate would include wiping away whatever history there is of player owned cities and beginning anew. People need to reach out to others instead of remaining in their cliques.

As I stated earlier, I have been a roleplayer for many years on and off and unfortunately I know that the idea of a clean slate is never going to happen. This community has lost many wonderful people due to it's stubbornness and idiocy, but if for once we could pull together as a group, and just give it a shot, the change may come, even if it is slowly.
“I am and always will be the optimist. The hoper of far-flung hopes and the dreamer of improbable dreams.”

12-Jan-2017 19:10:10

Quick find code: 237-238-457-65867256 Back to Top