Forums

"What's Canon?"

Quick find code: 237-238-457-65867256

Am RolePlay

Am RolePlay

Posts: 1,306 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Am RolePlay said :
"However, as a co-admin in Misthalin, I would like to see the other kingdoms acknowledging Vekonic Kandarin. Not only are they far more active than the Sunrise Kingdom, but Gale has always produced relatively interesting plots when he has the potential to." - Justin

"What's it going to take for people to realize this kind of behaviour not only makes you look intolerant, but it also really harms the community and all attempts to create and revitalize RP?" - Hazbo.

"I think it was Mathus that said it, everyone wants to be the Chosen One. Everyone is right, and everyone is wrong. It's time to start owning up that everyone has a part in the slow decline of RSRP and to fix it, we actually have to admit that out loud and actively work to change it." - Myles

"...there are two Ardougne, one was created out of drama, creating another that most people don't agree with. So besides history, I can assume it's also the fact that it is the relationship with another. Plus two Ardougne, that's confusing to be honest." - Adventurers.

"I'd love to bring Greyson back into Ardougne, and do a final plot for his story but I simply can't. I'm not about to exclude an entire group of roleplayers that would have their own ideas and stories to add to it, or use Greyson's plot to grow their own characters because of a division." - Greyson Val

I don't think I agree with the Vekon running Ardougne anymore, but they have every right to run Yanille. - Blox

To start off the third page - here are the major points.

From this point -> I'd like the general mood of the conversation to carry onto creating a solution. I want to move away from the two gentleman that run the RPs and more into the meat of the subject - which Ardougne creates more role-play.

07-Jan-2017 00:07:39 - Last edited on 07-Jan-2017 00:09:39 by Am RolePlay

Am RolePlay

Am RolePlay

From this point -> I'd like the general mood of the conversation to carry onto creating a solution. I want to move away from the two gentleman that run the RPs and more into the meat of the subject - which Ardougne creates more role-play.

(Gonna use this to add more quotes if needed)

07-Jan-2017 00:08:58 - Last edited on 07-Jan-2017 00:09:18 by Am RolePlay

Healthorg

Healthorg

Posts: 793 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
For the sake of your thread and your last post, I've put the brunt of my previous whining down in spoilers. But my solution is basically to just not bother having POKs if their plots and members can't be controlled, which is far too much to ask of anybody, and this is not the thread to air those grievances.

As for which Ardougne creates more RP, uh. You got me there, I've stayed out of it, and I honestly don't see much of a difference between any of the groups from an outsider's perspective.

I'm going to leave my own defeated two cents and mention - this has, in fact, been a fundamental issue for years. It's a large part of the reason why I left roleplay and I'm pretty sure that 90% of you don't know or recognize me at this point.

After all, it's been years of only pay lip service to news on 42 and throwing an annual "Hey, guys, this kind of blows."

And here's the thing: the news literally gets rehashed, it cycles over into the same archetypal stories and leaderships and controversies, and it's been that way since literally before 2010. It's been 7 years, ya'll, if not more, don't some of you just get tired of doing the same things?

I've always vehemently been against POKs, because the cost of good roleplay is too damn high and the immaturity and deep-seated drama is too much to deal with. Maintaining a social group is not for the light-hearted, and having multiple social groups and their ideas cohesively mesh is another bit of stress.

But, at least the community made it an art to continue in the cycle, rather than trying to fight and bite at one another over it. So that's progress. Maybe in another decade, we can actually leave behind our prejudices and agree that, maybe, Runescape wasn't meant to have so many wildly divergent canons and player-owned kingdoms?

07-Jan-2017 00:09:45 - Last edited on 07-Jan-2017 00:15:40 by Healthorg

BloxzorKBG

BloxzorKBG

Posts: 1,191 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Am RolePlay said :

(Gonna use this to add more quotes if needed)

Nobody questions which Ardougne is more active. Obviously the Vekon are going to be more active.

But when it comes to claiming Ardougne, this time around it comes down to overall group behavior.
Kingdom of Hynafiaid
|
Bloxzor
|
"Faith without works is dead."
|
W41 Squad

07-Jan-2017 00:14:06 - Last edited on 07-Jan-2017 00:19:56 by BloxzorKBG

Vekon

Vekon

Posts: 2,037 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
BloxzorKBG said :
I cannot agree with the majority of the Vekonic members' behavior towards others to support them for running extra land. I'm sorry.

By all means they have been exponentially more active, but the Sicarius were active for a time, too, and I don't see anyone giving them POK's.

Ah, yes. I'll be the one to say that certain run-ins with the people that you've befriended recently have left me in a bad light with those specific people. I hope you continue to make your own decisions, Blox, and not let others influence your thought processes.

It is obvious that you ended up leaving "the Vekon canon" due to thinking that I was, ICly, conspiring against your character. Though that wasn't the case, I guess you have saved your character's hide in your eyes. (Even though you're giving up the PoK anyway xd)

People have truly been showing their true colors as of late. In the past few days I've been called a shit role-player, my RP is a "lulzy joke", and apparently there's, and I quote, "the cause to make Kandarin's RP inactive". It's funny that apparently this is all warranted; those people aren't the ones being questioned on how they treat or talk about others since apparently they're targeting "the criminal".
KANDAR VICTA

Axel Vekon, the Eternal Emperor, the Archmage, the Lichslayer, of the Holy Kandarin Empire.

#
HouseVekon

07-Jan-2017 00:19:42

Am RolePlay

Am RolePlay

Am RolePlay said :
"However, as a co-admin in Misthalin, I would like to see the other kingdoms acknowledging Vekonic Kandarin. Not only are they far more active than the Sunrise Kingdom, but Gale has always produced relatively interesting plots when he has the potential to." - Justin

"What's it going to take for people to realize this kind of behaviour not only makes you look intolerant, but it also really harms the community and all attempts to create and revitalize RP?" - Hazbo.

"I think it was Mathus that said it, everyone wants to be the Chosen One. Everyone is right, and everyone is wrong. It's time to start owning up that everyone has a part in the slow decline of RSRP and to fix it, we actually have to admit that out loud and actively work to change it." - Myles

"...there are two Ardougne, one was created out of drama, creating another that most people don't agree with. So besides history, I can assume it's also the fact that it is the relationship with another. Plus two Ardougne, that's confusing to be honest." - Adventurers.

"I'd love to bring Greyson back into Ardougne, and do a final plot for his story but I simply can't. I'm not about to exclude an entire group of roleplayers that would have their own ideas and stories to add to it, or use Greyson's plot to grow their own characters because of a division." - Greyson Val

I don't think I agree with the Vekon running Ardougne anymore, but they have every right to run Yanille. - Blox

But, at least the community made it an art to continue in the cycle, rather than trying to fight and bite at one another over it. So that's progress. Maybe in another decade, we can actually leave behind our prejudices and agree that, maybe, Runescape wasn't meant to have so many wildly divergent canons and player-owned kingdoms? -Healthorg

07-Jan-2017 00:25:30

Quick find code: 237-238-457-65867256 Back to Top