Quick find code: 237-238-425-65564097

Syncreticeye
Dec Member 2017

Syncreticeye

Posts: 796 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Geythir said :
Zeremal said :
Port Sarim is now under Saradonut. :)

Rimmington is open to whoever, I assume some form of self governance is happening.

Still interested how that whole exchange went down...
"The gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment may be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, Troy

24-Feb-2015 01:39:39

Melkarth
Sep Member 2022

Melkarth

Posts: 14,783 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I was enthusiastuc about this at the beginning, but I'm not the only one who is seeing horrific similarities to a time best remembered and never repeated. Already have you made a personal judgement on at least two matters which results in this project being far too emulative of Land Claims.

This is of no fault of your own, nor anyone's at all, but it is something which cannot be avoided. As a person whose (thankfully) lesser known history is laden with good intentions but ugly results, I must implore you to end this before it has a chance to spiral. Am I being melodramatic? I probably look it, but I don't think one can be if they remember how awful things had the potential to be.

26-Feb-2015 01:05:05

Syncreticeye
Dec Member 2017

Syncreticeye

Melkarth said :
I was enthusiastuc about this at the beginning, but I'm not the only one who is seeing horrific similarities to a time best remembered and never repeated. Already have you made a personal judgement on at least two matters which results in this project being far too emulative of Land Claims.

This is of no fault of your own, nor anyone's at all, but it is something which cannot be avoided. As a person whose (thankfully) lesser known history is laden with good intentions but ugly results, I must implore you to end this before it has a chance to spiral. Am I being melodramatic? I probably look it, but I don't think one can be if they remember how awful things had the potential to be.

I realized it not soon after and never got back to it. Look at it this way; if you ever asked around on a certain topic in this game, you will get answers that may differ. In this game you can't really get fact without actually having been there. So then what would you do? What would you believe?

The people I state and put down are those only of reference. I don't say they own the land, I only say that they are the leaders of the group that rps there publicly. When people come back, they want to know who they should be looking for to contact for rp and what had happened in that particular developing rp. That is the sole reason for this thread.

But thank you for realizing this and keeping me from straying from the path. I still feel this can be a good thing.
"The gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment may be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, Troy

26-Feb-2015 03:43:49 - Last edited on 26-Feb-2015 03:48:07 by Syncreticeye

Melkarth
Sep Member 2022

Melkarth

I'd warn you to be careful then, when referencing things which conflict. Personally, when it comes to a character dying, I'd probably go with avoiding noting down things relating to character deaths when there are conflicting accounts, and when it comes to incidents where there are two claims to a single POK area, I'd recommend you list both and reference the fact that there are two conflicting claims.

Act simply as the record keeper, not the mediator, judge or jury.

26-Feb-2015 15:00:06

Syncreticeye
Dec Member 2017

Syncreticeye

Melkarth said :
I'd warn you to be careful then, when referencing things which conflict. Personally, when it comes to a character dying, I'd probably go with avoiding noting down things relating to character deaths when there are conflicting accounts, and when it comes to incidents where there are two claims to a single POK area, I'd recommend you list both and reference the fact that there are two conflicting claims.

Act simply as the record keeper, not the mediator, judge or jury.

I've already done so.

26-Feb-2015 17:06:03

Melkarth
Sep Member 2022

Melkarth

I mean with respect to posts such as this:

Syncreticeye said :
Sorry but Khaji Mej is the clan leader for Menaphos/Sophanem in the world rp perspective and she has stated that the leadership has not changed, I can only acknowledge you as a private roleplay for now.

On the other matter, everyone at the bar acknowledged your presence as well as that char's death, you are the only person to say otherwise I'm afraid.

But I won't continue this discussion here, I'm just filling up space pointlessly.

26-Feb-2015 22:35:32

Syncreticeye
Dec Member 2017

Syncreticeye

Updated, I am beginning to dwindle in activity it seems and so I'll be needing support for a few weeks. "The gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment may be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, Troy

01-Mar-2015 00:11:50

Zeremal
May Member 2022

Zeremal

Posts: 1,484 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Original message details are unavailable.
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
¨ˆ'”*· `‘
{Y}
’´ ·*“'ˆ¨
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

The following information was disclosed at the Yanille Office of Sighting. An official posted the document to whoever looked to see it.

It was a beautiful day, snow falling all around Yanille and it's surrounding territories. But a disturbance. A group of civilians went wandering to barter the terms of a cow, but unfortunately, their trip did not go nearly as planned. As they approached the cow, Betsy, a group of red-clad cultists stood near shouting things along the lines of the following: "Red is the best color!" "Red is the most evil!" "Tomatoes are the most evil food!" "Cows are not red thus they are not evil!"

And then everything went horribly wrong. The civilians were attacked for their lack of red clothing, and an elf approached the group whilst eating a papaya. He soon met his fate as a female by the name of Evil Maurice set him on fire. He flailed and fell into a tree that had just seconds earlier been set on fire by a crack of lightening. Evil Maurice's ghost possessed a poet's lute and tuned it, so it actually sang out a melodious song. A highlander man then approached with his sheep and got into a very rough argument with Evil Maurice.

At the end of this bloody massacre, now dubbed The Red Yanille Massacre, the following casualties are reported and might they rest in peace:

>Highlander Male
>Highlander Male's sheep
>Evil Maurice
>Betsy The Cow
>Gabriel
>Poet Man
>Samoh't Llew'kcalb the Elf
>Jeff The Cow Farmer

The following is to be reported:

>A Mahjarrat named Markes'h
>Weird people dressed in red
>Anything that involves tomatoes
>Or strawberries
>People shouting about Zamorak
>People shouting about Red

Outcome!
Right action is better than knowledge; but in order to do what is right, we must know what is right.
| Alli, the Eternal | Women Shi Zui Hao De Pengyou

01-Mar-2015 23:45:18

Syncreticeye
Dec Member 2017

Syncreticeye

Zeremal said :

Outcome!

Thank you very much! That single handedly made my day better and I left a comment on your thread :)

02-Mar-2015 02:25:23 - Last edited on 02-Mar-2015 02:38:51 by Syncreticeye

Quick find code: 237-238-425-65564097 Back to Top