Forums

Let's talk about Elon Musk!

Quick find code: 23-24-842-66266218

Volte Face
Oct Member 2023

Volte Face

Posts: 942 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I don't see anything wrong with what Musk said, nothing is stopping them from moving over to Mastodon if they don't like free speech.

Also I regret joining Twitter, not because of Musk but because of how arrogant everyone on there is. Being able to block whoever you want doesn't help.
The age of chivalry is gone; that of sophisters, economists, and calculators has succeeded, and the glory of Europe is extinguished forever.

01-Dec-2023 19:11:28

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 53,399 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Volte Face said :
I don't see anything wrong with what Musk said, nothing is stopping them from moving over to Mastodon if they don't like free speech.

That is completely not the point. Of COURSE big companies can find other places to advertise.

The problem is that Twitter, sorry X, is haemorrhaging money, and the last thing a sensible executive would be doing right now is upsetting the people who could provide it.

He seems to think that these companies will CARE if he blames them for the demise of the service; they won't, of course, because in the real world everyone except the cult following of fanbois will blame Elon himself.
~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~

~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

!! Slava Ukraini - heroyam slava !!

01-Dec-2023 20:20:52

Tenebri
Jan Member 2015

Tenebri

Posts: 39,133 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Volte Face said :

Also I regret joining Twitter, not because of Musk but because of how arrogant everyone on there is.

the people staying seem to be the fanboys of musk.

but its up to you who you communicate with in this platform. so its odd you chose to do that

Volte Face said :
Being able to block whoever you want doesn't help.

surely that does help....

with free speech what comes with it, is also the freedom to not have everyones opinions shoved down ones throat. which if you cant block people then obviously you are just in an area of people shouting anything.

looking at your post history on this thread, you seem to be an advocate for "free speech" so this will come with it.

im also curious (as you seem to be happy with what elon is doing for free speech) what was the issue with twitter before.

personally i see twitter being less about free speech now, but please let me know as i dont use twitter.
200m all RS3 on 7/3/19
1.2Billion overall Slayer xp / Ultimate slayer title

OSRS 2277/2277 Untrim slayer cape
Hail Satan, He loves for who you are.

01-Dec-2023 23:39:32 - Last edited on 01-Dec-2023 23:48:40 by Tenebri

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,160 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I'm tired of seeing all the Scams on FaceBook using his name and so called AI bull shit.

FaceBook doing sod all to stop them even after being reported.

It bugs how people still fall for the scams knowing they are being scammed.....

So many gullible people out there still. :P
Comprehensive Account Security
What do snowmen have for breakfast? Snowflakes! :P

07-Dec-2023 10:33:20

Kiwi Magic

Kiwi Magic

Posts: 21,563 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Volte Face said :

Also I regret joining Twitter, not because of Musk but because of how arrogant everyone on there is. Being able to block whoever you want doesn't help.

I agree wit you. While I like free speech I prefer the RuneScape forums over anything like Facebook or Twitter (X) because it is moderated and moderated fairly imo.

Any social media platform that is mostly moderated automatically will fail for its members.
Make Your Own Magic

07-Dec-2023 19:30:30

Archaeox
Dec Member 2011

Archaeox

Posts: 53,399 Emerald Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Interesting take on how Elon reacts to pressure, based on what happened in 2018, and what the consequences might be this time, here at Business Insider :

https://www.businessinsider.com/elon-musk-problems-twitter-x-tesla-gamble-luck-run-out-2023-12
~~~~ Just another victim of the ambient morality ~~~~

~~ Founder of the Caped Carousers quest cape clan ~~

!! Slava Ukraini - heroyam slava !!

10-Dec-2023 13:56:33

Quick find code: 23-24-842-66266218 Back to Top