Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Ancient Drew

Ancient Drew

Posts: 5,732 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
These businesses need to understand one thing; they're not God, and they're dependant on the customer. Smaller businesses can understand this and seem to be masters of the art in comparison to the bigger ones that just sit there and float on the monopoly.

I guess money gives people a superiority complex. Hell, I can see these big companies tear themselves apart due to bloodsucking leeches trying to get it all for themselves instead of investing in progress. But it is heartening to see smaller companies up the ante and make a name for themselves, like with Tesco going up against Lidl and pound shops after lazing on their perch for so long. Shows what happens when power gets to your head. ;)
Prepare for hell on RuneScape in Naval Cataclysm!

Pokemon battle? Friend Code: 4614-0426-2439

12-Apr-2017 14:28:44

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I believe it's the same airline that stopped a young girl from flying because she was wearing tights. She could fly if she changed her attire, which I believe she did - I have never heard of such idiocy.
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

12-Apr-2017 14:30:44 - Last edited on 12-Apr-2017 14:32:28 by Dong U Dead

Nosword

Nosword

Posts: 49,796 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
see and i thought the tsa singling me out at every security checkpoint i had to go thru, to fondle me for 'extra screening' was bad. least i never got a faceful of armrest

not saying its ever ok to treat people that way, but did any of you see all the medical scandals that guy as been involved in? shady dude
Old School

12-Apr-2017 14:59:31

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think all airlines seem to have become complacent robbers; BA - a flagship airline, will be reducing it's legroom in economy so they can cram in two ! extra rows of seating. They are also reducing seat width in order to squeeze in one extra seat per row.

Additionally, they are contemplating removing free meals on long haul, after having already withdrawn meals from domestic & short flights and offering over-priced sandwiches and beverages in their place.

All the airlines I've ever flown on have had hard (i.e. worn out) seats squashed almost flat, and are dirty to the point of being revolting.

And this common practice of leaving people standing in Departures holding their paid-for ticket because seats have been over-sold should be made illegal.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

12-Apr-2017 16:11:05

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Posts: 21,010 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dong U Dead said :
I believe it's the same airline that stopped a young girl from flying because she was wearing tights. She could fly if she changed her attire, which I believe she did - I have never heard of such idiocy.
You probably don't understand the specifics of that incident.

Under the regulations for flying using an employee pass (they fly for free with the employee pass) they are required to wear formal attire in case they are placed in first class accommodations. Even if they end up being placed in an economy class flight, they are still required to wear formal attire, as per the regulations. These regulations are given to all employees (and their family members who will be using the passes) when they apply for an employee flight pass. If you ignore the regulations, then they aren't going to allow you to board the flight. To request a free flight, complain that you have to follow the regulations and then go out of your way to ignore the regulations is ridiculous. You're flying for free, while everyone else is paying full price for their tickets.
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDelivery Now Available In Canada

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

12-Apr-2017 18:03:10

Nosword

Nosword

Posts: 49,796 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Lufthansa was awesome. free vodka, free beer, actually good meals, up to date and a list movies, friendly staff, and decent seating considering i was in economy. that was for denver - munich and back.

the domestic flights i took through united sucked. my first flight was also overbooked and delayed us by 40 minutes. but we had enough people that were willing to take vouchers
Old School

12-Apr-2017 18:09:56

Nexus Origin

Nexus Origin

Posts: 21,010 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
At least overbooking won't be as much of an issue on United Airlines now, with all boycotting going on, and you might get a cheaper flight deal as well. Plus, if you're really lucky, some employees might beat you up and drag you off the plane unconscious, and then you're an instant millionaire!
_
_
_
_
_________
m
_________
_
_
_
_

McDelivery Now Available In Canada

McDonalds
-
I'm lovin' it.

12-Apr-2017 18:41:23

Dong U Dead

Dong U Dead

Posts: 29,016 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nexus Origin said :
Dong U Dead said :
You probably don't understand the specifics of that incident.

Under the regulations for flying using an employee pass (they fly for free with the employee pass) they are required to wear formal attire in case they are placed in first class accommodations. Even if they end up being placed in an economy class flight, they are still required to wear formal attire, as per the regulations. These regulations are given to all employees (and their family members who will be using the passes) when they apply for an employee flight pass. If you ignore the regulations, then they aren't going to allow you to board the flight. To request a free flight, complain that you have to follow the regulations and then go out of your way to ignore the regulations is ridiculous. You're flying for free, while everyone else is paying full price for their tickets.

Are you sure - I didn't read this information you have shared here - I did read a follow up stating the company was in there right to do what they did/said.

But little girls wear tights just about everyday, specially in winter - I wish they showed a photo of what this young girl was wearing and in what way was in not approved attire. I can understand if she had on tights with a tshirt, but if the tights were under a dress or skirt to keep her legs warm - Just wish I knew what outfit the girl was wearing :)
If fat means flavour then I'm ******* delicious!

12-Apr-2017 23:43:03

Twillow
Aug
fmod Member

Twillow

Forum Moderator Posts: 49,241 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
You can easily google to find out the correct information about the incident, Dong.

However, I'd like to point out that it was not a little girl.

There were three United pass riders and Nexus has explained about the attire policy which they violated. Two of them, who were teenage girls , were wearing leggings and United's dress code for non-revenus flyers states that form-fitting lycra/spandex tops, pants and dresses are prohibited. They were asked to change their clothes.

A family (paying customers) standing in line saw what occurred with the teenage girls. They didn't know that it was a policy for pass riders, so they found a dress in a carry on for their little girl, who was wearing leggings. On their own, they put the dress on her. United did not ask them to do so.
like a chica cherry cola

@Twillow_RS|| #teamblue|| #Purple4life

13-Apr-2017 00:07:24 - Last edited on 13-Apr-2017 00:08:54 by Twillow

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top