Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Nosword

Nosword

Posts: 49,796 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
tbh im not sure if the application technique has changed at all in the last few decades when using a machine. tho you are right, the canvas hasnt changed

im not really concerned if you cant tell whats on my arm when im 60. no guarantee i will even be alive then
Old School

06-Apr-2017 14:52:41

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
That sounds like fun. I want to be The Baddie wearing a black Stetson.
You can be the ruggedly good-looking honest Sheriff.
Just stand there by the hitching rail, looking... ummmm .... nonchalantly rugged.

*kapow!!!*
*pinggggg*

Eh. You're dead.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

11-Apr-2017 15:59:10

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Very pleased to read the United Airlines passenger punched and bleeding and dragged bodily off a flight will sue.

He'd booked and paid and was entitled to fly. The fact they needed seats to ferry workers to another airport is their problem, not his, and no one should be required to leave a flight they have paid for on those grounds. Their incompetence and lack of planning should never inconvenience a paying customer, let alone end up with them being hospitalised. I salute him for standing his ground. They are there for our convenience and service, not the other way around, particularly when we are paying for something they think they can arbitrarily remove.

I hope his Lawyers nail them to the wall.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

12-Apr-2017 11:47:56

Ancient Drew

Ancient Drew

Posts: 5,732 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Why didn't the workers get on another plane? And what were the guards even thinking beating up a paying customer? It's just another case of humanity flushing itself down the toilet yet again, in spite of being nearly 20 years into a new Millennium.

And I was walking down to work the other day and found a bag of dog crap hanging on someone's front gate. Nice, I know.
Prepare for hell on RuneScape in Naval Cataclysm!

Pokemon battle? Friend Code: 4614-0426-2439

12-Apr-2017 12:24:56

Twillow
Aug
fmod Member

Twillow

Forum Moderator Posts: 49,241 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I had similar thoughts about the United incident. Paying customer > crew. If your logistics planner is so incompetent that he or she can't get your crew members/staff on a plane that has empty seats, that's your problem. Don't take it out on the customers. My sister-in-law used to work as a fight oops flight attendant for United. She was always reluctant to be put in that situation.
like a chica cherry cola

@Twillow_RS|| #teamblue|| #Purple4life

12-Apr-2017 13:41:25

Bernadette
Dec Member 2021

Bernadette

Posts: 5,417 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've never understood why airlines overbook - it isn't as if they are going to lose the money if someone doesn't turn up for their pre-booked pre-paid flight. My car ferry service doesn't overbook - why should airlines be allowed to do it.

As far as I read, the airline didn't even go to their top-rate allowable offer for passengers to volunteer to be bumped.

My favourite United thing is the 'United Breaks Guitars' protest song which I remember giggling at years ago.

I suspect United is perhaps run along the same lines as our RyanAir where the customer is an inconvenience.
One man's Truth is another man's Lie

12-Apr-2017 14:20:29

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top