Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh and as for the active users Mod Balance cited the numbers active on here at the time he posted vs the active users on reddit as an argument for j mod activity on reddit compared with the forums.

Of course the argument of going to the place which is used by players the most didn't offer any reason for why when the forums were more active than any offsite they were neglected.

The amount of joy on the forums for me is somewhat killed when I'm treated so flippantly by people who are supposed to be there for the betterment of the community. This to the point where I'm put of even visiting them regularly.

25-May-2016 17:26:33

Erehk

Erehk

Posts: 15,453 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
4A6F6B6B75 said :
Erehk said :
Well, 2.5 million (and even others before it like 1 million, etc.) are so unrealistic that I don't think it really encourages spamming or anything like that, though. :P

Without spamming it's impossible, but they still added it. So...

Spam away!

*spams*

I have no idea what you're talking about! :P
@RS_Erehk

25-May-2016 20:58:10

Bernadette
Dec Member 2021

Bernadette

Posts: 5,417 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wilf said :
Oh and as for the active users Mod Balance cited the numbers active on here at the time he posted vs the active users on reddit as an argument for j mod activity on reddit compared with the forums

I was being mildly ironic about the joy of the forums - obviously we all must enjoy it to a certain extent or we wouldn't still be here.

I must'** missed the numbers post by Mod Balance. It would be interesting if they posted figures ref numbers viewing forums, rather than just numbers making a post within the last X minutes. I am sure it is an iceberg effect - far more lurking under the surface than are actually posting. Other forums manage to give that info.

It seems a bit of a vicious circle - forumers went offsite to avoid restrictive forums, Mods followed them for popularity stakes. Players still on forums felt left out so went to where they could get Gold posts, Mods felt vindicated for ignoring forums ... and so it goes on.

Interestingly, Reddit Runescape appears to have become more restrictive recently.
One man's Truth is another man's Lie

25-May-2016 22:46:56

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top