Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

ChillWithMe

ChillWithMe

Posts: 13,541 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Vera said :
Ah okay, ty Chill for the names. I'll check those out and see what they're like!

I know I've started posting in Website and Forum, because I've found there are a lot of technical issues with the forums that an be fixed, and because I'm sad that the RSOF aren't as bumpin' as they were back in the day.

Also, I finally responded to Toom and Ayf. Maybe you'll also pick up some French! And lmao turns out the majority of the Frenglish forum is full of English speakers who want to practice their French, based on what I've seen on the other threads, so they're all poseurs like we are. ;P

Yeah W&F is a deceptively interesting forum. Very slow-paced, but good content.

The sad thing is my family is from Canada and both my parents speak fluent French, yet they never taught me and forced me to take Spanish throughout high school. Maybe in another dimension there's a French speaking version of me posting on that thread.

01-Jan-2016 02:47:18

Vera

Vera

Posts: 16,334 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Nos, valid point. I think it's nice that you can simply post on a thread with others and then see what happens, but my discontent is over how many of those types of threads there are: too many.

Not only does this fill the front page with the same type of game, but it also makes it more difficult for me to find the forum games that I do really like, and for my own thread to receive exposure as well
VIVLOVESVIX
(click mee)

Very Vera | Join Nomad ! | Inform Yourselves | Forum Help

01-Jan-2016 09:30:18

Vera

Vera

Thanks Bernadette, and happy new year to you too!! ^_^

Chill, that's unfortunate how didn't get to pick up French from your parents without "trying" or having to studying it. Why did they make you take Spanish?

(P.S. Lmao at "Maybe in another dimension there's a French speaking version of me posting on that thread," I appreciated that)

I do suggest you respond to the Frenglish forum though! Toom and Ayf are so kind and friendly, and I feel like our activity means a lot to them not only because it's a great way to meet people, but also because unfortunately the French forums don't seem as active.

Also, even if you just use Google translate, it'll make me feel better about myself lmao come on take one for the team. Or better yet, ask your parents for help, and learn along in the process?

What if Runescape is actually the Rosetta Stone? But it teaches you languages for free?
VIVLOVESVIX
(click mee)

01-Jan-2016 09:36:23 - Last edited on 01-Jan-2016 09:45:05 by Vera

ChillWithMe

ChillWithMe

Posts: 13,541 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Well I currently live in the US and Spanish is becoming an increasingly prominent language here so I guess they felt like it would serve me more use. Over the years I've guilted them into apologizing for disrupting our family heritage. :p They say if they had the choice again, they'd let me take French.

I responded on the French thread. When you mentioned me as "Chill" I think Ayf interpreted it as you asking how to say "relax" in French. That had me laughing. Not in a mean way, communication errors can just be hilarious at times and lord knows how many I've already made/will make.

And ik what you mean about the typing. Years of foruming has improved my typing abilities a ton.

01-Jan-2016 17:51:26 - Last edited on 01-Jan-2016 17:51:48 by ChillWithMe

Vera

Vera

Lmao idk if he was simply using chill as an example since your name reminded him of it, but since he referred to it as the "chill thing" I think you're right.

That also made me smile; I probably seemed crazy referring to "Chill and I," since everyone already forgot about you since you haven't responded until now, lmaooo.

But I mean that also says something about how good my French is, since Ayf took creative liberty trying to understand what I was saying...

Also, as an American reading in French, dude your post actually reads fluently and makes sense. Google translate is pretty good. I also think it's better at translating longer messages as opposed to phrases

I also find myself procrastinating a response to the French Basics threads since my French is still iffy...looking forward to the day when that no longer happens :P
VIVLOVESVIX
(click mee)

02-Jan-2016 07:17:53

Bernadette
Dec Member 2021

Bernadette

Posts: 5,417 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My son tried playing on the German servers when he has studying it at school. Unfortunately most of the German players wanted to practice their English on him, so he didn't learn much. He gave up and came back to the English servers, which was a shame.
One man's Truth is another man's Lie

02-Jan-2016 18:38:59

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top