Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Vera

Vera

Posts: 16,334 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Chill, tbh I don't know what most of those acronyms stand for, but I can probably figure out based on context and by looking at the list of subforums lol. I've been trying to branch out, and it's interesting how most subforums are similar, but with a few nuances.

Plus, each subforum probably has specialized knowledge that I've yet to be exposed to and could learn a lot from.
VIVLOVESVIX
(click mee)

Very Vera | Join Nomad ! | Inform Yourselves | Forum Help

31-Dec-2015 00:22:59

ChillWithMe

ChillWithMe

Posts: 13,541 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Vera said :
CHILL LMAO MOD TOOM NOUS A RÉPONDU SUR LES FORUMS FRANÇ*IS!!!

Mod Toom responded to us on the French forums!!

Edit: Turns out QFC* from a different forum don't work...

OMG

Tres bien!

This is a truly unexpected surprise. Both Mod Toom and Ayfindril were so nice. Thank god for google translate so I could understand the messages. Once again the foreign forums deliver another great experience. I didn't even think Jmods browsed the foreign forums very often, and we got a quick reply lool.

31-Dec-2015 00:40:44 - Last edited on 31-Dec-2015 00:41:10 by ChillWithMe

ChillWithMe

ChillWithMe

Posts: 13,541 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Vera said :
Chill, tbh I don't know what most of those acronyms stand for, but I can probably figure out based on context and by looking at the list of subforums lol. I've been trying to branch out, and it's interesting how most subforums are similar, but with a few nuances.

Plus, each subforum probably has specialized knowledge that I've yet to be exposed to and could learn a lot from.

In order of appearance: Recent Game Updates, Website and Forums, and Existing Game Content. :p

Future Game Updates pretty much exemplifies the traits you listed. I really only get my RS news from the front page so whenever I visit that forum I end up learning a lot about upcoming stoof. Some forums could probably be consolidated in order to increase traffic and be a bit less redundant, but that's not up to me.

31-Dec-2015 00:45:00

Vera

Vera

Ah okay, ty Chill for the names. I'll check those out and see what they're like!

I know I've started posting in Website and Forum, because I've found there are a lot of technical issues with the forums that an be fixed, and because I'm sad that the RSOF aren't as bumpin' as they were back in the day.

Also, I finally responded to Toom and Ayf. Maybe you'll also pick up some French! And lmao turns out the majority of the Frenglish forum is full of English speakers who want to practice their French, based on what I've seen on the other threads, so they're all poseurs like we are. ;P
VIVLOVESVIX
(click mee)

31-Dec-2015 01:48:16 - Last edited on 31-Dec-2015 01:48:51 by Vera

Vera

Vera

I know what you mean about consolidating traffic :\

Existing Game Content, Ninja Team, and Rants are all really similar. For the most part, they're demarcated pretty well in terms of scope, but in general there are times when I wish the fmods were more aggressive organizing threads and moving them to more relevant subforums, even if it might come off as a power trip. It would also entail a level of being scapegoated and complained about, but I think it would be worth it (full disclosure I say this with the bias of not being unaffected)

Oh yeah! And I like Forum Games. The Chat Lounge is entertaining, and some of the games are fun, such as This thread has been hidden and Spread a Rumor. To be honest, the majority of the counting games are absolutely dumb and I'd now be embarrassed to post there. With a few minor exceptions
VIVLOVESVIX
(click mee)

31-Dec-2015 01:59:26 - Last edited on 31-Dec-2015 02:11:38 by Vera

Vera

Vera

Nosword said :
Count to 10 before Vivaire crushes my soul
1, 2, ...10

Vera said :
To be honest, the majority of the counting games are absolutely dumb and I'd now be embarrassed to post there.

:o
LOL Nos that was absolutely clever, props to you, and I apologize for being so brash. It's because I'm secretly jealous that everyone gets to rack up post count lmao. There are a few that are fun though, mainly the ones that vacillate since they don't reset and because there are enough players on each side
VIVLOVESVIX
(click mee)

31-Dec-2015 07:46:24

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top