Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Icy Spring

Icy Spring

Posts: 3,248 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Many Much said :
I readed an article about a chess tournament. The new trend is cheating during the tournament with advanced methods. It was a player with around 900 rating lower than a grand master and he outplayed the grand master. The cheater had 2 smartphones hidden in his legs and microspeaker in the ear and extra batteries for the next rounds. His cheatfriend used a computer program and communicated with each other in 220 km distance! Of course he got caught and banned :P :P :P

I don't know how anyone can think they'd get away with this. Beating someone with a much higher rank would raise red flags all over the place since it would mean the match is an extreme outlier or you're cheating.

03-May-2015 17:15:10

Icy Spring

Icy Spring

Posts: 3,248 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Finance said :

Good luck!

I still have ~5 weeks left :(

Thanks. I'm taking three upper-level math courses this semester and my grades in the other two have already come back and were better than expected. It's always a nice surprise to get an A- when I walked out of a final dejected and sure that I'd completely failed it. That was the first exam I've ever had where I sat down and realized that I had no idea how to do any of the problems.

05-May-2015 02:03:39 - Last edited on 05-May-2015 02:08:33 by Icy Spring

Sir Adam 1st

Sir Adam 1st

Posts: 23,829 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Icy Spring said :
Finance said :

Good luck!

I still have ~5 weeks left :(

Thanks. I'm taking three upper-level math courses this semester and my grades in the other two have already come back and were better than expected. It's always a nice surprise to get an A- when I walked out of a final dejected and sure that I'd completely failed it. That was the first exam I've ever had where I sat down and realized that I had no idea how to do any of the problems.

That was me on my statistics exam.

05-May-2015 04:25:14

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top