Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Tuffty
Jan
fmod Member

Tuffty

Forum Moderator Posts: 152,172 Ruby Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Roddy Piper said :
I can't help but notice there is no thread for NFL football. Is there some actual reason for that? Lack of interest I guess?

Maybe because no one made 1 for years.

I'm sure there used to be 1. Maybe make it and see how it does. No harm in trying.

More topics to discuss then. Also might even get a dab of glue for a week to get the word out. ;)
Comprehensive Account Security
What do snowmen have for breakfast? Snowflakes! :P

18-Jun-2023 11:48:31

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,615 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I think (I could be wrong) that NFL is only referred to as simply "Football" in The USA.

Here in the UK it's known as "American Football" and I think that's the case for many other countries too.
Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about?

19-Jun-2023 10:54:36

Kiwi Magic

Kiwi Magic

Posts: 21,566 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Destruction said :
Kiwi Magic said :
Does anyone watch The Chase? Because I believe New Zealand are the biggest fans of this show in the world.

My mom does! :D

So does my mum bro. In fact she put me onto the program years ago. Also Tipping Point, and cooking programs like MasterChef. I've come to like them all. I guess I'm getting boring in my old age.
Make Your Own Magic

20-Jun-2023 09:50:44

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My hot air balloon flight has been cancelled twice since I last posted, that makes (I think) 8 cancellations so far. It's re-booked for 5 July but I think that'll be cancelled too as the forecast in rain. I'm starting to wonder if this outfit have actually got a balloon :|

Mind you, having read about the one that caught light and crashed a few days ago at a balloon Festival I'm sort of glad it's been cancelled .....

In other news:
Local Councils seriously get on my bloody nerves. Like, big time. They are a too-large outfit of thick as clarts, pompous, know-nothing twats who fritter away their income (mostly derived from local tax payers) on ugly town centre statues and traffic schemes designed by cretins.

Their latest gig is prowling my neighbourhood with the county Fire Dept. then issuing letters saying all wooden fences have to come down as they are 'fire bridges' and must be replaced by concrete and chainlink. Yeah, right. Fuck off. The place will look like a bloody zoo. Plus any wooden structures ( the ubiquitous garden shed) must be replaced by metal or plastic as they are also fire bridges.

So, ok, I can afford to do this if I absolutely have to and am forced by law but what about the elderly who don't have bottomless pockets! Or people with kids who are on a budget - like the mortgage rate hike for them isn't crushing enough.

I'm assuming this is a bleed-over from Grenfell and given they can't (won't) afford to make council houses and flats safe they're flexing at private home owners instead. Because they can, and because they don't have to pay for it. Frankly, I'd like to turn the bastard Town Hall into a fire bridge, with them in it.

Grrrrr! Rant over.

Heat wave is over, much more bearable today, dogs are happier.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

26-Jun-2023 08:44:16

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,615 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I've just spent an amusing 20 minutes tying a phone call scammer in knots.

He said my Amazon account had been locked and debited for £90.

I played a long, pretended I was doing what he wanted - in this case trying to get me to download a remote desktop program so he could "send me a claim form" O_o

I asked him to guide me through the process, pretended I didn't know what a browser was, or how to google something, asked constant polite questions until I got bored and left him with the words "I know where you live, muahahahaha"
Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about?

26-Jun-2023 16:49:54

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top