Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Current challenge: creating a bee farm for honey in Minecraft

Current stage of project: learning how to harvest it without fire as apparently that kills them and harvesting it without them stinging me...as that also kills them

Notes: gjdiownwjeuydnsbjzhdviekwnvdhfigknwvsi
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

04-Oct-2023 02:30:52

Kiwi Magic

Kiwi Magic

Posts: 21,566 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Hi all, I am preparing for a comeback on RuneScape. I don't want it to look like I am treating this like a social media thing. But I got a few thing's like the Rugby World Cup to focus on. After that I will pay for membership and start working on this game.
Make Your Own Magic

04-Oct-2023 12:13:45

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Posts: 18,105 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I saw a fox this morning. It was 10.45 am and I was walking into town from a car park on the ring road. I was very suprised. It was broad daylight and it didn't seem at all worried about people being around. :O
edit to add; I think a discussion about game lore belongs in another forum. Maybe general? I'll look at the list to see if another section looks suitable. This one is for things that aren't about Runescape
2nd edit. There is a whole subforum called "Runescape Lore Discussion". I thought there was but wanted to check first

11-Oct-2023 14:40:17 - Last edited on 11-Oct-2023 14:48:00 by Megycal

BrunoNutto
Feb Member 2023

BrunoNutto

Posts: 3,328 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Megycal said :
I saw a fox this morning. It was 10.45 am and I was walking into town from a car park on the ring road. I was very suprised. It was broad daylight and it didn't seem at all worried about people being around. :O

Cool, I often hear foxes at night but don't see any around in the daytime though. They must be very confident where you live.

11-Oct-2023 22:20:35

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

BrunoNutto said :
Megycal said :

Cool, I often hear foxes at night but don't see any around in the daytime though. They must be very confident where you live.

I live in village surrounded by farmland and I'd never seen a fox except for a brief glimpse when driving along the country roads at night or early morning. It is very unusual to see one just trotting along a footpath in daylight.

12-Oct-2023 00:01:21

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Its been a dramatic evening where I live. A car burst into flames on a neighbour's driveway just 2 doors away. I heard some bangs but I thought it was someone banging doors on a van or something like that. After there'd been several I looked outside to see a fire engine in the road. I went out and a car was burning on the drive with flames shooting out from under the bonnet. The firemen were spraying it with water and another hose was being connected to a fire hydrant on the corner. The road ( including my house ) was cordoned off for almost an hour. The car was constantly sprayed with water for a long time to make sure the fire was out and everything had cooled down. Thank goodness no-one was hurt. I believe their house is OK too apart from a section of melted plastic guttering. It must have been extremely scary for my neighbours.

12-Oct-2023 00:12:12

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,615 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Megycal said :
Its been a dramatic evening where I live. A car burst into flames on a neighbour's driveway just 2 doors away. I heard some bangs but I thought it was someone banging doors on a van or something like that. After there'd been several I looked outside to see a fire engine in the road. I went out and a car was burning on the drive with flames shooting out from under the bonnet. The firemen were spraying it with water and another hose was being connected to a fire hydrant on the corner. The road ( including my house ) was cordoned off for almost an hour. The car was constantly sprayed with water for a long time to make sure the fire was out and everything had cooled down. Thank goodness no-one was hurt. I believe their house is OK too apart from a section of melted plastic guttering. It must have been extremely scary for my neighbours.

Wow :O
Any idea what caused it?
Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about?

12-Oct-2023 11:06:21

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

My neighbour told me they don't know for sure what caused the fire. The car had just been standing on the drive. It was probably an electrical fault ( it had a diesel engine ). Some of the bangs I'd heard were the front tyres exploding. They had been out with their grandchild in the car earlier in the day. Thank goodness the fire broke out when the car was empty.

12-Oct-2023 19:46:39

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top