Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Origin Nexus

Origin Nexus

Posts: 322 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Colorado driver tried to avoid DUI by switching seats with dog, police say
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65608917

Original message details are unavailable.

A speeding driver who was pulled over in Colorado tried to switch seats with his dog in the passenger seat to evade arrest, according to police.

An officer approached the car and watched the bizarre scene unfold.

The man was initially stopped for speeding at 52mph (32 km/h) in a 30mph zone.

He was also intoxicated, the Springfield Police Department wrote in a Facebook post.

"The driver attempted to switch places with his dog ... as the SPD officer approached and watched the entire process," the department said in a statement.

The man also claimed he "was not driving" the vehicle and attempted to run away from the officer when he was asked about his alcohol consumption.

He did not make it far. Police said the man, who has not been named, was arrested within 20 yards of the car and charged with driving under the influence, resisting arrest and speeding.

He was taken to the hospital before being sent to jail.

As for his dog, whom police did not name either, the animal was given to the driver's acquaintance to take care of while his owner serves his time in jail.

"The dog does not face any charges and was let go with just a warning," the police department joked.

To think, 50 years ago, most people would not have been privy to such news. The internet, bringing important news stories to the world! ^_^

I would love to see the bodycam footage of the incident. :D

16-May-2023 21:29:27

Kiwi Magic

Kiwi Magic

Posts: 21,566 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sorry about my language from my posts above. It was disrespectful. I was mainly talking about those long straight roads in America. All the tar seal is cracking up. I guess its harder to maintain roads like that compared to our roads here.

By the way Canada makes a lot of good movies.
Make Your Own Magic

16-May-2023 21:43:20 - Last edited on 16-May-2023 22:06:59 by Kiwi Magic

Origin Nexus

Origin Nexus

Posts: 322 Silver Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kiwi Magic said :
Sorry about my language from my posts above. It was disrespectful.
Meh, it wasn't directed at anyone, and you're not wrong. I mean, I tried to find some horrible looking NZ roads, but all the pictures I was finding all looked like pretty good roads. The best I could come up with was the zigzag road from some mountain resort. :D

16-May-2023 21:59:10

Igerna
Jan Member 2023

Igerna

Posts: 7,885 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Origin Nexus said :
New Zealand roads be like:

Well, more time to enjoy the amazing landscape and what not :P

Cool story time:

There's this road located in the south-east part of Mexico, near the mayan archeological site of Chichen-Itza, where big and dense tropical vegetation grows at both sides of the road, forming natural "walls" that effectively doesn't let you see anything to the right or left. Only green walls for at least 20 km (12 mi). It's a low transited zone: maybe won't see another car in half an hour. Beautiful sight, nonetheless. Kinda surrealistic.

I was there during vacations, years ago. We rented a car and everything was cool. We just traveled the aforementioned road, going from Chichen-Itza to Tulum (one hour away from Cancun), in the coast of Quintana Roo state.

When we reached Tulum, a local guide told us to be careful and return before nightfall, using an alternative route back to Yucatan state (where Chichen-Itza is located), since those 20 km of green walls where a place of usual robbery to vehicles and pedestrians alike. Their strategy: literally throwing two long logs when a vehicle approaches, one log ahead and one to cover rear. Then, the team of robbers simply do their stuff in a matter of seconds, remove the logs, one of them takes the vehicle and the rest disappear in the jungle "maze", beyond green walls.

We freaked out a bit, we greeted the guide and invited him to eat at a nearby restaurant. A nice person with amazing sense of humor, who knew mayan and taught us some phrases while sharing some "Coronitas" (Corona beer). We decided to stay that night at Tulum and return early in the morning, using a different road of course.

The End
Leveling +110 all skills and completing stuff here and there

19-May-2023 14:19:20

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top