Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Volte Face
Oct Member 2023

Volte Face

Posts: 944 Gold Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dunno. Was I referring to nuclear fission or do I just prefer red lightsabers?

Maybe the Jedi were responsible for nuclear fission. Wake up.
The age of chivalry is gone; that of sophisters, economists, and calculators has succeeded, and the glory of Europe is extinguished forever.

04-Apr-2023 16:31:56

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Posts: 18,105 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kiwi Magic said :
I hope you all had a good Easter. I went to my mums church. Its the only day of the year I go to church. My mum says it is the most important day of the year.

Umm...Its not Easter yet here in the UK. Good Friday is on the 7th of April and Easter Sunday on the 9th. Are there different dates in other parts of the world or different Christian churches?

05-Apr-2023 00:04:57

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Kiwi Magic said :
Easter was on Tuesday 5th. Its always on the full moon. But anyway I hope you have a good time.

That's interesting. Here Easter Day is always a Sunday followed by a bank holiday on Monday. My husband explained why the date varies. Its linked to the first full moon after the spring equinox but its not on the day of the full moon. That means even if the full moon is on a Sunday Easter will be the following Sunday.

05-Apr-2023 10:42:02

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Kiwi Magic said :
@Megycal

You are 100% right sorry. I was confused because there was a special service at my mums church on Tuesday. Easter is coming up this weekend. Also I have been drinking a lot lately.

No problem. Its entirely possible other countries/Christan churches do different things for Easter just like they do for Christmas.

06-Apr-2023 11:34:14

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
We gonna glitterfy some eggs tomorrow to get ready for our annual egg toss painting!

Also... I need to make lamb cake.

And we are watching the 3d Mario movie

Wow, caffeine hits me really hard fkkkkk
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

08-Apr-2023 06:31:28

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

My husband is lovely but sometimes he doesn't think things through.
It was a beautiful sunny day on Friday so I was doing lots of laundry. Our rotary clothes line is fixed in the lawn with a ground spike. After being OK for around 20 years it has slowly tilted to one side over the past few months...I think ants have been making a nest near it. My husband decided to be 'helpful' and move it BUT the ground spike and post had corroded together so the whole thing came out in one piece. This meant he couldn't push the spike very far into the lawn as it was too tall to be able to apply force to the top. So the whole thing leant even more than before.
Luckily the first 2 laundry loads had dried but there was a large pair of curtains still needing to be hung up. I was a bit cross because I'd gone from having a wonky but useable clothes line to one that looked very unstable. I wished he'd waited until I'd finished the laundry before deciding to "mend" it. I pegged the curtains on the line and crossed my fingers...Although it didn't fall over it did tilt a bit more but the curtains were mostly dry when I decided I should bring them in when the sun was going down. I now have a brand new rotary clothes line so the stress of my husband's "fixing" the old one was worth it. ^_^

09-Apr-2023 23:14:53

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top