Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Posts: 18,105 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ooh, sherbet fountains! The "straws were a waste of time, they always clogged up. I liked Caramac bars, the chocolate coated Turkish Delight and Fry's chocolate cream. I haven't seen any of those for a very long time.

On a different subject I recently checked how many steps it took me to walk from point A to point B during our daily walk. I got hubby to count the number he took for the exact same distance. It worked out that I take almost 25% more steps than he does, I think its because I'm 6 inches shorter than he is. No wonder I get tired more quickly than he does, I'm doing 25% more "work"! :P

07-Apr-2021 19:31:17

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wilf : - I know I did ... heh heh !

I'm a shortarse too but luckily The Ole Man is no Longshanks so I'm not doing quite so many extra steps. But I do walk rather slowly these days so he does most of the walking with the Puppy from Hell.

I'm not going to be able to call her that for much longer, she'll be 2 in August. I think they're classed as adults then.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

07-Apr-2021 20:58:00

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Posts: 18,105 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
During our walk today we took a route past a field with alpacas in it. They were sitting down looking very relaxed and rather cute. :D There are 2 stiles on the path, luckily the gates beside them could be opened because they are quite high and I wouldn't have been able to get over them due to my short legs. :P I might have managed if I'd used the fence to stand on instead of the proper steps but that wouldn't be very safe.

08-Apr-2021 21:08:42

Jenesiis
Jan Member 2018

Jenesiis

Posts: 1,200 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Megycal said :
During our walk today we took a route past a field with alpacas in it. They were sitting down looking very relaxed and rather cute. :D There are 2 stiles on the path, luckily the gates beside them could be opened because they are quite high and I wouldn't have been able to get over them due to my short legs. :P I might have managed if I'd used the fence to stand on instead of the proper steps but that wouldn't be very safe.

Aren`t they lovely. There are a couple of places down here that have them and it is such a surprise to suddenly come upon them whilst out walking. How seriously cute they are though. I had a bit of a look in my eye which made my husband say rather forcefully. `NO WAY!!!`

I think a couple would go well with the ponies and the sheep :)

10-Apr-2021 13:58:01

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
On Friday I received notification that my first State Pension payment had been put into my bank account. HURRAH !! I'm definitely now an official OAP and can jump queues, be cranky, claim Winter Fuel Allowance and constantly make reference to "the good old days".

Lucky me.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

11-Apr-2021 10:46:48

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top