Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's been some years since I had a cold what with lockdowns, months of self-isolating, masks, sanitisers and so forth.
But I have one atm and I'd totally forgotten how utterly crappy it makes you feel :D

Now I'm wondering how and where I picked it up since I don't know anyone with a cold, or recently recovering from one, and I've carried on doing the whole mask & hands thing without fail for 2 years or more. If I caught a cold virus I could easily catch something much worse.
Concerned.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

04-Dec-2021 13:37:18

Wilf
Jul Member 2019

Wilf

Posts: 17,032 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
On the news last night there was a bit more about people without power, the starting voice was "I met this couple whose family have had to huddle together to keep warm".

Goes to interview of them yep they're sat in short sleeved t shirts.

Sympathy level falling lol.

good job the masses are not switched to electric vehicles yet or they'd all be stuffed too.

04-Dec-2021 20:09:39 - Last edited on 04-Dec-2021 20:11:02 by Wilf

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,674 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Feefs! Where did your mugshot go??? D:

I hope you feel better soon! That's gotta be rough. :c My husband has been struggling with a cold the last couple of weeks or so, it's rough. Somehow I haven't caught it off him yet lol
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

06-Dec-2021 13:16:24 - Last edited on 06-Dec-2021 13:16:59 by Brigantia

Brigantia

Brigantia

FiFi LaFeles said :
Oh dear my membership seems to have run out. Never mind, I don't play any more anyway.

Oh no :c
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

06-Dec-2021 13:18:07

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,615 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Dadizar said :
Glad I reside in the US - today is national brownie day!!!!

I had no idea that existed!
Definitely something to be celebrated.
Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about?

09-Dec-2021 14:17:06

Brigantia

Brigantia

Got the Christmas shopping done!

Now I just have to wait for the rest of the gifts to arrive and then wrap them. I bought a tape dispenser because last year it was a massive pain having to find a spot to stick precut pieces of tape. But not this year!

Also I have a special appreciation for how well parents wrap obnoxiously shaped toys. Oh my GOD. I'm just glad she's too young to really give a shit. Whew.

I managed to get the damned thing wrapped, and then wrapped it a second time just incase those dastardly corners cut through the paper again!

Anyway, there's a few things under the tree now, but soon there will be more! Woo!

@CapnBrigantia

11-Dec-2021 13:05:30

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Brigantia said :
Got the Christmas shopping done!

Now I just have to wait for the rest of the gifts to arrive and then wrap them. I bought a tape dispenser because last year it was a massive pain having to find a spot to stick precut pieces of tape. But not this year!

Also I have a special appreciation for how well parents wrap obnoxiously shaped toys. Oh my GOD. I'm just glad she's too young to really give a shit. Whew.

I managed to get the damned thing wrapped, and then wrapped it a second time just incase those dastardly corners cut through the paper again!

Anyway, there's a few things under the tree now, but soon there will be more! Woo!

Protip: save cardboard boxes and put the odd shaped boxes in them to wrap.

That or Christmas bags. If you just save the ones people get you, then you don't have to spend anything (also keep baby shower and birthday ones).

Xoxo xoxo
A parent
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

13-Dec-2021 01:34:35 - Last edited on 13-Dec-2021 01:35:49 by Averia Light

Brigantia

Brigantia

I didn't have a box (or a bag) big enough for it, unfortunately. It's all sorted now anyway.

I always save the nice bags and boxes from things! You never know when they'll come in handy. :)

@CapnBrigantia

13-Dec-2021 14:28:29

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top