Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Dadizar
Oct Member 2005

Dadizar

Posts: 5,902 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I usually get up at 4:15 AM and start work at 5:30 AM. I blame farm genes in my ancestral past.

Eight hours done with minimal distractions for first couple of hours and a whole bunch of day left after work. Was great when kids were young.
§¤*
What love we've given, we'll have forever. What love we fail to give, will be lost for all eternity. - Leo Buscaglia
»¤§

25-Mar-2021 19:08:26

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
From memory, the last time I was truly awake at such an ungodly hour (as opposed to an autopilot trip to the bathroom) was last time I was in Hospital.

They kept waking me up to take my blood pressure and poke tubes in me and ask me if I felt alright.

I'd probably have felt a lot more alright if they'd have bogged off and let me get some decent kip.

On the other hand, I suppose I might have croaked without the incessant prodding so mustn't grumble.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

25-Mar-2021 23:00:04

Jenesiis
Jan Member 2018

Jenesiis

Posts: 1,200 Mithril Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It is almost impossible to sleep in hospital even without the periodic pressure and temperature checks. There is usually a light on somewhere or a buzzer going off to call a nurse all night long

Trouble is for me that I have done early hours for years as have to sort out the cash before the shop opens, I work six mornings a week, so it is such a habit I still wake at that time every morning even on Sundays and holidays.

Also means going to bed ridiculously early at night, so not much of a social life.

I have noticed that the dog has become finely attuned to the time, and I hear him start to move around practically spot on to the time that the alarm goes off. Not sure how he manages it though

26-Mar-2021 13:55:14

Averia Light

Averia Light

Posts: 28,508 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
5.30 ? WUT? WUT? ...........
5.30 ?????

ZOMG !!

Noooo, I'm still popping out the zzzzzz's at that time.

Having said that, the Ole Man leaves about that time too usually but I'm never around to witness it. He might be a snarling, pointy-fanged beast at that time in the morning.

I'm up at 5 30 am nearly everyday. 6 am on the weekends. I just recently dropped getting up twice (once to let my puppy out at about 2 am and once when my daughter comes into my bed) to only once (when my daughter goes to bed). My bedtime is 9:30/10 pm.

Tbh, being a stay at home mom is weighing on my mind again with kindergarten coming up and my husband has wanted me to just stay home since the beginning so it has been tough to keep up this routine sometimes. Been bugging my employer for part time, but they have offered about 2 hours of remote work a day. Not really sure why since I have routinely completed my normal duties in the first 2-3 hours of everyday.
And I swear I'm not going to let her know all the pain I have known

27-Mar-2021 00:24:54 - Last edited on 27-Mar-2021 00:27:22 by Averia Light

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,674 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
How do you stay functional with getting up so early???????????

I'm usually in bed anywhere between 10:30PM-1AM and since insomnia is a thing, I don't fall asleep right away unfortunately.

I guess I'm one to talk since I used to routinely get up at 4AM during the week for school, but still... I guess the difference is I wanted to be at school, and since then I haven't had a job I really especially like that much.
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

27-Mar-2021 11:37:05

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Posts: 18,105 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
My youngest son phoned today to tell us he had handed in his thesis! :D He has the viva exam to get through and then do any corrections the examiners request. He spent 3 years doing experiments and the writing up took a lot longer than he hoped but *crosses fingers* he's now in the final stages of getting a Ph.D in physics. I hope his viva exam won't be as long as his older brother's. He was in with the examiners for 5 hours! :O

27-Mar-2021 22:29:30 - Last edited on 27-Mar-2021 22:30:21 by Megycal

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I learned something today (not Physics!).

Our clocks here in the UK went forward last night/this morning and I was idly wondering where else in the World had this strange practice.

Turns out, quite a lot of places, according to Friend Google.

But what I learned most was that there's an area in the World known as The Levant.

Well blow me down, I never knew that :O
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

28-Mar-2021 09:12:01

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top