Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Yes, cartoony fits exactly!

To be fair, I haven't bought any for many years and did, indeed, only buy cheap ones because I thought it'd be a waste of money spending more, given the whole throwing-away scenario.

Something else which strikes me as useless - feather dusters.

Had one years ago for getting cobwebby corners done but when it got dirty (cobwebs are pretty sticky) it was a nightmare to get clean. Washing was the only solution I found and then it fell to bits after a few rinses. Bah! I also felt very silly when using it - like a saucy Maid from a Carry On film (minus the hourglass figure and cheeky pout ofc).

I've got a splendid little device now - telescopic wand with a knobbly micropore head on which can be slipped off for washing. Gets into all the narrow gaps between things too. And only cost a quid from Poundland (Gawd bless 'em).
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

23-Feb-2021 10:39:54

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Posts: 18,105 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Argh. Now I've got a mental picture of someone like me dancing around with a feather duster in a maid's outfit...not a pretty sight. :P Lolol. I agree they're not very practical now we have better materials to use.
Many years ago my cat suddenly appeared at the window with what looked like a brown bird in his mouth. It turned out to be a broken feather duster! He was so proud of his "catch". He wasn't very good at hunting, thank goodness, so we rarely had to deal with his "trophies".

23-Feb-2021 13:19:43

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

I haven't had a cat for a very long time, however, a friend of mine has 5 of them (despite living on a busy road in the local town - tut, tut).

One of hers mooched into the living room a few years back carrying the soggy remains of what we think was a Cornetto.

Where did he even get it, one wonders .... mugged a passing toddler?
"Your Cornetto or your life, drooling human!!"
Le Chat Guerrier

23-Feb-2021 14:02:16

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,613 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I expect it was this one:
https://www.wallsicecream.com/uk/our-brands/cornetto/cornetto_range/4mp-cornetto-mermaid.html
Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about?

23-Feb-2021 16:41:44

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

It does look rather special!

I can't really eat sweet things but next time I'm allowed out of the house (*rolls eyes*) I'm going to look for one of those. I bet the Ole Man would happily scoff it.
Le Chat Guerrier

23-Feb-2021 21:13:16

NexOrigin

NexOrigin

Posts: 2,592 Adamant Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Oh... bonito is a fish!

That makes way more sense than... okay... well... for some reason... I assumed "bonito" meant "good" in spanish or something... so I thought it was "Screaming Good!"... weird for a catfood ice cream, but, what do I know about cat ice cream I guess...

But a type of fish makes WAY more sense now. :D
I'm better than you, but that doesn't mean you're not great! :)

23-Feb-2021 22:43:33

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top