Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Kiwi Magic said :
FiFi LaFeles said :
Got my Flu jab yesterday

Good on you girl. Have you had your covid vaccine jabs?

Yerrr, had two earlier in the year. We're supposed to be getting a third, booster, at some point but I'm not too sure about that as it'll be a Pfizer and the other two were Astra Zeneca ..... I'm pondering about the compatibility of these two very different drugs, one of them being mRNA and the other utilising an adenovirus vector.
"They" tell you it's OK but then again "they" tell you a lot of things which suits "their" agenda.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

06-Oct-2021 09:46:13

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Posts: 18,105 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
FiFi LaFeles said :
Kiwi Magic said :
FiFi LaFeles said :
Got my Flu jab yesterday

Good on you girl. Have you had your covid vaccine jabs?

Yerrr, had two earlier in the year. We're supposed to be getting a third, booster, at some point but I'm not too sure about that as it'll be a Pfizer and the other two were Astra Zeneca ..... I'm pondering about the compatibility of these two very different drugs, one of them being mRNA and the other utilising an adenovirus vector.
"They" tell you it's OK but then again "they" tell you a lot of things which suits "their" agenda.

I don't think you need to worry. There have been trials done where they mixed the two types of vaccine for the initial 2 doses. Iirc it was found to be safe and might even have given a better immune response.

06-Oct-2021 10:02:11

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Ahhhh, Christmas. Another spanner in the works has been revealed today in that plans are afoot that ports will be blockaded so the UK cannot import any goods from Europe.

But even if goods get in they won't get to the shops as there's no lorry drivers and no petrol even if there were drivers. And there's people super-glueing themselves to the motorways anyway.

Good job Santa has a magic flying sleigh Ho Ho Ho
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

06-Oct-2021 10:05:48

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,674 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Far as I know there literally isn't a petrol shortage tho???

Least, there wasn't until everyone started trying to hoard it.
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

06-Oct-2021 10:37:56

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,615 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
The petrol shortage in my area seems to have abated for now... still hearing reports of it being a problem in the Greater London area though.

I heard on the news yesterday that the plan to issue 5,000 temporary visas to tanker drivers from the EU has been a massive flop. 107 applications so far >.<

I'll leave it there before I have to warn myself about getting political :P
Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about?

06-Oct-2021 11:49:36 - Last edited on 06-Oct-2021 11:50:22 by Rooh

Brigantia

Brigantia

Hahahaha, wow.

The weekend before last we nearly ran out of petrol trying to get home, and had to stop at two different stations (and queue) just to get enough to get home. Stupid.
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

06-Oct-2021 12:01:29

Brigantia

Brigantia

Anyhow, any tips for hayfever that don't involve eating an entire box of hayfever tablets?

@CapnBrigantia

06-Oct-2021 12:06:05

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,615 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
I use tablets (Piriton, the only ones that don't make me drowsy), but for something that works instantly there's a good nasal spray: Beconase.

If you want to avoid any sort of medication, nasal irrigation can work, though it's not exactly pleasant to do. It's pretty much a jetwash for your nasal passages :P
Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about?

06-Oct-2021 14:37:17

Brigantia

Brigantia

Grats Meg!!!!

Rooh, thanks! We've got a selection here. They work for like 20 minutes and then they kinda stop. It seems to be worse at night (of course) :c

FML

@CapnBrigantia

06-Oct-2021 17:10:22

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top