Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Wild Bill63 said :
@Fifi this comment is totally unrelated to your comment with the exception of petrol. In America we call petrol "gas" which is weird because the "gas" is a liquid. In my mind I call it petrol because well.... It makes sense to call it that.

Completely unrelated to all of that here's a random fact for the day: House cats are considered apex predators. It probably isn't a surprise.

Some sections of the British press have started calling petrol 'gas' now. I find this utterly confusing when reading a news article but it's not surprising as quite a few 'Americanisms' have entered our dialogue over the years.

I'm surprised domestic cats are considered an apex predator - they will be killed (probably eaten) by foxes, dogs, coyotes, wolves etc (depending on country). Here in Britland they are mainly killed by cars driven by humans - the SuperApexPredator.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

27-Sep-2021 10:23:57

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,615 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Chief Elf said :
Hey, is anyone here familiar with the new iPhone 13 pro?

I’ve recently bought it but I can’t seem to find cellular function anywhere on it.

I want to see how much data RuneScape 3 uses on the iPhone without connected to the wifi. Does anyone know how I might be able to check that? Thank you.

I'm not sure if the same applies to the new 13 model but on my older XR it's turned on and off under: Settings > Mobile Data. (OR "Cellular data&quot ;)
Scroll down a bit and you should see "Current period" showing usage.
Who's the cat that won't cop out when there's danger all about?

27-Sep-2021 12:15:05 - Last edited on 27-Sep-2021 12:25:31 by Rooh

Chief Elf
Apr Member 2017

Chief Elf

Posts: 5,115 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rooh said :
Chief Elf said :
Hey, is anyone here familiar with the new iPhone 13 pro?

I’ve recently bought it but I can’t seem to find cellular function anywhere on it.

I want to see how much data RuneScape 3 uses on the iPhone without connected to the wifi. Does anyone know how I might be able to check that? Thank you.

I'm not sure if the same applies to the new 13 model but on my older XR it's turned on and off under: Settings > Mobile Data. (OR "Cellular data&quot ;)
Scroll down a bit and you should see "Current period" showing usage.

Unfortunately cellular just seems to be missing completely, and I can’t seem to find much info on mobile data. Very strange!

Recently switched mobile provider to Vodafone (offered $1000 discount off iPhone to go on their plan), and they’re not as good at giving app stats like Optus. Essentially, doesn’t really tell me much.

I’ll try asking on Reddit.

But I appreciate the help, thanks Rooh!
Mental Health
|
Sweaty Fingers
|
Mod Meadows

27-Sep-2021 13:29:46

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

Forum Moderator Posts: 40,615 Sapphire Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Chief Elf said :

No problem, sorry I couldn't solve this one for you, reddit's definitely worth a try, hopefully you'll find someone who has just bought a 13. Good luck!

28-Sep-2021 14:39:35

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Got my Flu jab yesterday - I'd been doing a fuel-economic round robin of errands and one stop was the Chemist to pick up my pills and potions and a lovely young fellow (the Pharmacist) popped out of whatever cubbyhole they sequester themselves in.

He told me I was flagged on their system because I am old (that made me feel good) and clinically vulnerable (that made me feel like a million dollars) and he'd be happy to stab me with his limited stock right here and now. So at least that's one less queue I'll be standing in this Winter.
Le Chat Guerrier

29-Sep-2021 12:23:40

Chief Elf
Apr Member 2017

Chief Elf

Posts: 5,115 Rune Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Rooh said :
Chief Elf said :

No problem, sorry I couldn't solve this one for you, reddit's definitely worth a try, hopefully you'll find someone who has just bought a 13. Good luck!

No worries Rooh!

FiFi LaFeles said :
Got my Flu jab yesterday - I'd been doing a fuel-economic round robin of errands and one stop was the Chemist to pick up my pills and potions and a lovely young fellow (the Pharmacist) popped out of whatever cubbyhole they sequester themselves in.

He told me I was flagged on their system because I am old (that made me feel good) and clinically vulnerable (that made me feel like a million dollars) and he'd be happy to stab me with his limited stock right here and now. So at least that's one less queue I'll be standing in this Winter.

Hahah I can only imagine.. “Wow.. thanks for helping.. I guess?”
Mental Health
|
Sweaty Fingers
|
Mod Meadows

29-Sep-2021 12:45:16

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

The latest cheerful headline in windy Britland are that there'll be no food for Christmas as there's a shortage of Butchers to make pigs in blankets. Who on earth gets a Butcher to make those, they're so easy to do? Maybe they mean those gruesome party platters people buy which allegedly contain a mixture of snacks but actually all taste and smell the same because they are glooped out of an assembly line into different shaped moulds.

"Oooh look, a crispy prawn!" -- tastes like cheap sausagemeat.
"Yummy, a pancake roll" -- tastes like cheap sausagemeat.
"Splendid, a chicken wing in breadcrumbs" -- tastes like cheap sausagemeat.
"Lovely, pigs in blankets" -- tastes like sawdust.

Apparently we'll be importing Butchers from Europe to help with the pigs in blankets crisis. Alongside lorry drivers and now Care workers seeing as untold thousands of our lot won't get a Covid jab. I wonder who we'll be importing next ... Farriers maybe. Vital to the smooth running of the country. Eyebrow Technicians? Lumberjacks?

I'm pretty sure we are short of people that make the thing that drills the hole that holds the ring that drives the rod that turns the knob that works the thing-ummy bob.
Le Chat Guerrier

03-Oct-2021 00:15:18

Rooh
Jan
fmod Member

Rooh

FiFi LaFeles said :
The latest cheerful headline in windy Britland are that there'll be no food for Christmas

I think that's probably the first mention of Christmas I've seen on the forums!

No hiding from it now, only (checks calendar) 12 weeks. You can tell because SKY have launched their Christmas Movie channels. In October. Sigh.
I want to know who is watching these in October.

They could at least have the manners to do a Halloween channel... now that I'd be interested in.

03-Oct-2021 11:51:57

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Posts: 18,105 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Sony do a Christmas Movies channel on freeview at this time of year. The signal is pretty weak where I live, the films it shows are ones I've never heard of and are often rubbish. I've tried watching the channel a few times but usually give up after a short time.
Edit to add: Usually because the film hasn't been very good. Sometimes its lost the signal before I can decide if the film is worth watching

03-Oct-2021 18:32:43 - Last edited on 03-Oct-2021 18:38:37 by Megycal

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top