Forums

Off Topic Chat Lounge Thread is sticky

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936

Brigantia

Brigantia

Posts: 17,674 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
It's super nice that you put so much effort in, Meg!

I gotta admit, I don't really put that much effort in. :L
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

20-Feb-2021 11:49:06

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

Posts: 18,105 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
Brigantia said :
It's super nice that you put so much effort in, Meg!

I gotta admit, I don't really put that much effort in. :L

Thanks. Its one of my hobbies so I get a lot of pleasure out of making them. I try to match the style of the card to the person I'm sending it to.
At the moment I'm struggling to come up with ideas for a birthday card for my eldest son. My sons aren't interested in the usual things such as sport, cars or even gardening. There's only so many cards I can make with the theme of computers and gaming and I've run out of ideas for those. He works at a laser laboratory and I can't think of anything I could do related to his job. I'll keep looking through my craft stash and I'm sure to find something suitable eventually. I've got a few weeks to go before its his birthday so no pressure. :P

20-Feb-2021 12:04:10

Brigantia

Brigantia

I think if you knew what games they played that could open a lot of doors.

I'm not sure what his job entails, as laser laboratory could mean a whole host of things lol

You're going to do great!
Arrr! Only th' Devil an' I know th' where'bouts o' me treasure, an' th' one o' us who lives th' longes' should take i' all.

@CapnBrigantia

20-Feb-2021 12:36:36

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

I'm not sure what his job entails either. Its way above my head. :P Research groups go to the facility and use the lasers for various experiments. His job is something to do with data handling from the lasers. His Doctorate involved doing experiments with a laser so its not surprising he's ended up in a laser laboratory.

20-Feb-2021 15:17:22

FiFi LaFeles

FiFi LaFeles

Posts: 24,106 Opal Posts by user Forum Profile RuneMetrics Profile
We've got several sheds in our garden, one of which is a big wood store which is mostly open at the front but has got a trellis-like screen across it with ivy growing (makes it less ugly).

There's lots of shelves down one end for my pots and bric-a-brac and I noticed a Robin whizzing in and out the last few days with his beak stuffed with leaves.

On checking - yep, he's making a nest inside one of the fancy pots on it's side :)

Now I'm darting in and out of the shed in his absence building what I hope is a cat-proof barricade so none will clamber up to his hidey-hole.

I'm in for weeks of incessant worrying now. Last year a Robin's nest in a different part of the garden (not a good spot imo) was raided and the chicks left strewn around with bits ripped out of them.
Le Chat Guerrier

Bwian's Towel & Grief Shop

21-Feb-2021 12:33:50

Brigantia

Brigantia

NexOrigin said :
I have a question: what are people supposed to do with cards after they read them?

I don't know that there's anything you're 'supposed' to do with them. I normally keep them, myself. I typically keep a journal and I'll stick them in there.

@CapnBrigantia

21-Feb-2021 18:19:48

Megycal
Sep Member 2005

Megycal

NexOrigin said :
I have a question: what are people supposed to do with cards after they read them?

All cards sent to me are very much appreciated. Most people I know keep the cards on display for a while. In our house we leave birthday cards etc up for about a week. Christmas cards are left up for around 2 weeks, they are part of decorating the house for that season. After that I keep the ones given to me by my sons and husband. If the other cards have been handmade I keep them for a bit longer and take a photo of them. Some of the Christmas cards have parts which I can cut out to use as gift tags. The rest will be put in the recycling as long as they are only made of card with no glitter or foiling etc.

21-Feb-2021 20:46:33

Quick find code: 23-24-312-63626936 Back to Top